Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 153

Author Topic: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic  (Read 216657 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony, Friendship Is Magic
« Reply #1890 on: November 16, 2011, 10:06:12 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Never actually read 1984, so I have no idea if this is anything like it. It's probably pretty far-flung from it, but it's what I thought up.
Nothing important here, move along.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: November 16, 2011, 10:15:12 pm »

I honestly think it would fit a bit better with "Brave New World". Hell, the Everfree is practically a reservation as it is, and the cutie marks and races are rough equivalents to the enforced social classes. The ponies all act as if they're on Soma, too.

You've got the Elements of "Community, Identity, Stability".

"And that," put in Celestia sententiously, "that is the secret of happiness and virtue-liking what you've got to do. All conditioning aims at that: making ponies like their inescapable social destiny."

"What pony has joined, nature is powerless to put asunder."

Re: Cupcakes: "One cubic centimeter cures ten gloomy sentiments."

I mean really, I just pulled some of the more famous quotes and they all fit perfectly.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: November 16, 2011, 10:18:45 pm »

Haven't read that either.

I don't think I'm quite prepared in the literary department to make such a fanfic, now. I'll let someone else take the ball and roll with it.
Nothing important here, move along.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: November 16, 2011, 10:26:37 pm »

I'll pull out a short part for 1984 RE Ponies in a bit.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: November 16, 2011, 10:38:48 pm »

I just watched The Best Night Ever after EqD in Polish after EqD pointed out that Spitfire has a male VA in it. The whole episode. It was strangely alluring.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: November 17, 2011, 02:13:25 am »

It was a bright cold day in Spring, and the clocks were striking thirteen. Twilight Sparkle, her head turned down in an attempt to escape the vile wind, slipped quickly through the glass doors of Victory Mansions, though not quickly enough to prevent a swirl of gritty dust from entering with her.

The hallway smelt of boiled cabbage and old rag mats. At one end of it a coloured poster, too large for indoor display, had been tacked to the wall. It depicted simply an enormous face, more than a metre wide: the face of a mare of about forty-five, with multicoloured, translucent hair and alluringly beautiful features. Twilight made for the stairs. It was no use trying the lift. Even at the best of times it was seldom working, and at present the electric current was cut off during daylight hours. It was part of the economy drive in preparation for Hate Week. The flat was seven flights up, and Twilight, who was thirty nine and had a varicose ulcer on her right ankle, went slowly, resting several times on the way. On each landing, opposite the lift shaft, the poster with the enormous face gazed from the wall. It was one of those posters which are so contrived that the eyes follow you about when you move. BIG SISTER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption beneath it ran.

Inside the flat a fruity voice was reading out a list of figures which had something to do with the production of pig-iron. The voice came from an oblong metal plaque like a dulled mirror which formed part of the surface of the right-hand wall. Twilight turned a switch and the voice sank somewhat, though the words were still distinguishable. The instrument (the telescreen, it was called) could be dimmed, but there was no way of shutting it off completely. She moved over to the window: a smallish, frail figure, the meagreness of her body merely emphasised by the blue saddle which was the uniform of the Party. Her mane was very dark, her face naturally sanguine, her hide roughened by coarse soap and the cold of the winter that had just ended.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 02:23:36 am by Dsarker »
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: November 17, 2011, 03:22:53 am »

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: November 17, 2011, 04:34:31 am »

-|random question|-

whats your favourite pony/ponies in MLP?

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: November 17, 2011, 04:35:24 am »

Fluttershy is best pony.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: November 17, 2011, 04:46:16 am »

but shes so shy, well she talks to animals...Rainbow Dash!

what i thought of TechHorse

Spoiler: *next spoiler* (click to show/hide)

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: November 17, 2011, 04:52:44 am »

Seriously guys, Spike is Best Pony.

/trollface
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: November 17, 2011, 04:53:23 am »

Rainbow Dash couldn't even get herself et by a dragon.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: November 17, 2011, 06:02:50 am »

et?

but shes cool and here is the spoiler to techhorse read at your own something

Rip goat, more loli

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: November 17, 2011, 06:33:43 am »

Fun idea for fanfiction.

Mane six go to a little known country named Russmare on a diplomatic mission to make friends! Then it turns out that Russmare is a Soviet dictatorship with a huge fantasy of killing everyone in Equestria and extremely advanced technology, up to and including nuclear weapons. Then a civil war breaks out between two sides who equally hate Equestria in different ways and what little order remained is completely gone. The Mane Six have to escape Russmare and warn Celestia before any of the two sides start a war against Equestria using their highly advanced technology. Gets worse from there, ends with one pony surviving, the rest being broken before killed horribly.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: November 17, 2011, 06:45:18 am »

Girlfriend and I are up to Episode 23....

She is starting to get into it, I am just loving the comedy. Not Broney, but still finding it funny...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 153