Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Project: Into the Depths  (Read 1779 times)

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
  • If all else fails apply magma
    • View Profile
Project: Into the Depths
« on: October 07, 2011, 07:08:05 pm »

Into the depths

After taking a break from my previous project (no ad)  called Cavern.
 I came back to the project to take it from a tech demo state to a full fledged game.
 Its basically become a real time action-rpgish game as opposed to a rogue like most features remain intact minus some of the map features which i could easily add back in.

Video of Current Version(as of this post)(no ad)  This one is a bit Rambly

-current Features

• Real Time
  • Random Maps
  • Enemies
  • Weapons
  • Inventory

Help Needed
Im not an artist nor will i ever be one thats where you guys come in.

I know many of you are Artists so what im saying that if any of you are interested in helping with the game send your artwork in if your stuff is included in the game ill go and include you in the credits, and if i add a donation button you get a percentage of course. Below there is all the images for the game if you wish to start helping.

Link for Images(no ad)The Floor tiles are now 64x64!!!
Newest Version of the game in Applet form!!!(no ad)

Screens
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Added adf.ly links to raise a tad bit of money for mainly web hosting use (domain name and what not) though it probably wont help with that, if you dont want ads you can click (no ad) next to the link. Mods if there is a problem with the adf.ly links ill remove them immediatly.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 07:53:01 pm by Wh1tefang12 »
Hmm whats that smell... Oh hi Urist still taking that nap, its been 5 months I can only manage to sleep 3 days. You might want to get that Axe wound checked out though; you are in the Hospital.

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Project: Into the Depths
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 08:26:08 pm »

Space for Future updates
Hmm whats that smell... Oh hi Urist still taking that nap, its been 5 months I can only manage to sleep 3 days. You might want to get that Axe wound checked out though; you are in the Hospital.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 06:59:16 am »

Posting to follow, looking good, there!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 09:31:36 am »

Update Woo: I've added 2 handed weapons. Item Cooldowns and chest next is to work on a simple menu system and game over screen and ill release the public version.

Video link I keep saying duel wielding for some reason even though its just two handed.

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 01:58:38 pm »

I've uploaded a version to my Website(Underconstruction) its amazing how easy it is to upload something after you remove the  ~60mb of unused sound and music god im a retard sometimes

Could have just updated the above post eh cant fix it now

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 11:10:12 pm »

You... dual wield... bows?
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 11:10:35 pm »

You... dual wield... bows?
Quite talented, this one.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 12:34:03 am »

It is possible to dual weild bows. It just offers absolutely no advantage weilding one bow wouldn't when it comes to firing.

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 03:01:34 pm »

im actually intending all regular bows to be two handed and then have crossbows duel wield-able (because that sort of makes sense), haven't done much in the way of updates because right now im trying to make the collision work a bit better and be easier to implement when i add no enemies, weapons and what not .

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 07:53:52 pm »

just a bump to say im still working on this progress has been a tad slow due to a massive flood of essays and projects :/