Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Temple to Armok  (Read 1045 times)

sir_schwick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Temple to Armok
« on: November 26, 2011, 03:39:34 am »

A forum search will reveal several temples to Armok, god of Blood.  However it is time to collect and compare the various modes of worship.  I am looking to create some new ones and am curious as to what has already been done.

Due to computer trouble(not on mine), I cannot make this temple.  It starts with dropping the sacrifice via a retractable bridge onto a draw bridge one-z level below.  The drawbridge will then launch the sacrifice into the ceiling many z-levels up.  After hitting the ceiling at high speed, hopefully splattering blood, the sacrifice falls onto many z-levels below.  This raises the question whether a falling body hitting a grate will cause blood to come throught eh grate or damage to the falling creature.

tommy521

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Temple to Armok
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 01:47:25 pm »

Drawbridges only fling animals around on the same level, as far as I am aware.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Temple to Armok
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 04:33:12 pm »

The temple should be built in the deepest cavern.  Dwarves should pass cautiously through groves of bloodthorn on the way, hearing the laughing of Jabberers just over the hill.

The top of the temple should have artifacts in it, no access to the fort proper but an opening to the surface.  The kobolds, trolls and sometimes goblins whose greed pulls them in should become trapped in a fleshgrinder along the way.  Their blood should somehow, somehow ideally via a dangerous water based flooding device flush down to the statue of Armok in the cavern.  Such a statue should be cast from obsidian and surrounded by magma.

The only appropriate foundation for Armok's statue is a circus. Forgotten beasts, titans and demons should be caged in adamantine cages in Armok's beard.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?