Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: elot Zodost, the adamantine crossbow D:  (Read 11367 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
elot Zodost, the adamantine crossbow D:
« on: October 23, 2011, 02:59:43 pm »

Much to my despair... A moody dwarf on one of my worlds just ran off with an addy wafer...

WUT SHUD I DO WITH IT?!!?!?!?!

Spoiler: Dragon Berries (click to show/hide)
It's got a cool name at least, plus something about Cim the minatour, since I embark INCREDIBLY early, (year 1-2), as a child he killed a human called Atir Puzzletraded, and in his lair he was defeated by a human sent to kill him, and managed to escape the wrath of Ineth Trailwalled.... For now at least. I imagine somewhere a human adventurer is stalking this minatour.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 10:34:50 pm by Loud Whispers »

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
Re: elot Zodost, the adamantine crossbow D:
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 03:01:12 pm »

Give it to a crossbow dwarf, of course! Only the quality, not the material of a crossbow affects ranged damage, so an artifact crossbow (of any kind) is extremely useful. Just make sure that dwarf never gets into melee.
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 03:02:23 pm »

He he I just realised it's made of adamantine, for that awesome POWAH, nether cap, for that lovely cold kiss of death (and to cool your drinks), covered in spikes (as standard) and is adorned with horse bone.

Gentlemen, this crossbow can kill pony memes.

Also yeah I don't want to give it to any dwarf in case it comes to a melee... Addy crossbows are probably little more effective than a wooden hammer :d

Spikes might help though ^_^

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 03:16:49 pm »

Decorations have no effect on item weight or combat power.

That said, I like to think that with nether cap included, whoever is wielding it will be hanging their flask from the weapon handle.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 03:25:02 pm »

Would make an outstanding guard captain weapon - powerful enough to fill invaders with bolts, and light enough to not be damaging when administering a beating.
This is a blank sig.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 03:30:35 pm »

Would make an outstanding guard captain weapon - powerful enough to fill invaders with bolts, and light enough to not be damaging when administering a beating.

Ninja'd I was going to say give it to your sherrif.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 03:32:48 pm »

If you don't want to give it to a dwarf, you could always construct a weapon trap with it, which would jack up the value of the room it is in immensely and give dwarves that pass by it a happy thought.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 03:44:09 pm »

If you don't want to give it to a dwarf, you could always construct a weapon trap with it, which would jack up the value of the room it is in immensely and give dwarves that pass by it a happy thought.

Or put it in your front door with a masterwork/legendary mechanism and you're basically guaranteed severe internal injury. Add a few silver warhammers and you've got yourself an automatic, limb-crushing, organ-shooting machine.

Even the kittens could kill such an injured goblin!
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 05:22:04 pm »

It's a shame spikes don't make for better hammers/swords. Incidentally, as a chiller of booze and slayer of ponies i decree this artifact sexy.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 05:47:06 pm »

All so great ideas... I'm surprised no one has told me to dump it in lava. This weapon is obviously insanely powerful and is going to corrupt me into loud sauron.

Ah well, the weapon trap idea sounds nice, I mean what legendary dining room would be comeplete without the one crossbow to rule them all pointing dangerously at them? :D

It's a shame spikes don't make for better hammers/swords. Incidentally, as a chiller of booze and slayer of ponies i decree this artifact sexy.

This artifact is now 20% cooler.

I have decided to only give the crossbow out during times of great need... It is obvious if a dwarf had it for too long it would discover it's power, break the fourth wall and invade Earthrealm.....

ASCII BOLTS FOR EVERYONE MUUAHHUAHAUAHUAUHAUHAUH

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2011, 06:38:49 pm »

problem- a dorf picks up an artifact, they NEVER put it down.
someone had a dorf with an artifact crossbow, removed all of the dorf's limbs, and it continued to hold it.
WITH IT'S HIP!

Dedication to his craft, commendable.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2011, 06:42:04 pm »

problem- a dorf picks up an artifact, they NEVER put it down.
someone had a dorf with an artifact crossbow, removed all of the dorf's limbs, and it continued to hold it.
WITH IT'S HIP!

O___O

Damn, suppose I should keep the ONE CROSSBOW TO RULE THEM ALL away from prying hands. And hips.

*Edit, come to think of it, I should probably keep it away from dwarves for another reason, I've had them vomit on an artifact rope reed toga once :/
DWARF VOMIT IS NOT RIVER WASHABLE D:
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 06:44:05 pm by Loud Whispers »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2011, 06:51:08 pm »

DWARF VOMIT IS NOT RIVER WASHABLE D:

too true.

I think I can see some cat hair in that vomit....

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2011, 06:51:22 pm »

Now if we could mount bayonettes or axe blades on crossbows, an adamantine crossbow would become USEFUL.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2011, 06:55:34 pm »

Now if we could mount bayonettes or axe blades on crossbows, an adamantine crossbow would become USEFUL.

They can defy logic, the laws of physics, destroy civilisations, create the worlds most advanced in inter planetary connected mechanisms made out of nothing but mudstone, but putting a knife on a crossbow eludes them ?_?
Pages: [1] 2 3