Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: elot Zodost, the adamantine crossbow D:  (Read 11231 times)

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
Re: elot Zodost, the adamantine crossbow D:
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2011, 06:59:24 pm »

I think they once tried to fire shortswords out of a crossbow, failed and scrapped the concept of strapping one to the other before even it's infancy
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2011, 07:00:20 pm »

How sad, imagine what they would've come up with... Booze proppelled rocket bayonets

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 07:24:27 pm »

KILL IT WITH THE CROSSBOW

Muttonhawk

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord-High everything else
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2011, 01:28:38 am »

How sad, imagine what they would've come up with... Booze proppelled rocket bayonets
^ sig'd
Quote from: Dylan Moran
You know what you are? You're a beard with an idiot hanging off it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2011, 02:17:47 am »

Holy crap I just awesome faced irl :O

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2011, 03:18:19 am »

!!IDEA!!

I could build an armory made of only the toughest stone, suspended above the air, with multiple airlocks, traps, guards and monsters, and in the centre will be a grand vault... Gems everwhere... And in the middle, inside a steel vault... THE CROSSBOW.

Also, does anyone know how I would be able to wield said destroyer of worlds in adventure mode? Or in reclaim? I've never really had a useful(ish) artifact so I've never really had to know if they disappeared when your fortress died :/

Time Blossom

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:COUCH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 04:59:50 am »

I don't know whether Artifacts are findable in Adventure Mode, specifically; the only time I ever revisited an old fortress of mine, there weren't any overly useful artifacts to look for, even if I'd thought to do so.

But! I can attest to the fact that Artifacts are still there when you Reclaim, although since they don't show up on your Artifacts screen they can be difficult to track. Moreover, you can actually sell them; I sold my legendary cat leather quiver to the caravan when I realized that it had snuck into one of the finished goods bins that I'd brought to the depot, and bought pretty much everything they had.

With that said, it seems pretty likely that Zodost would be sitting there for your Adventurer to reclaim. Although it might get scattered somewhere instead of being in the vault, which would be a bit disappointing.
Time Blossom cancels everything: NaNoWriMo

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2011, 05:06:30 am »

I don't know whether Artifacts are findable in Adventure Mode, specifically; the only time I ever revisited an old fortress of mine, there weren't any overly useful artifacts to look for, even if I'd thought to do so.

But! I can attest to the fact that Artifacts are still there when you Reclaim, although since they don't show up on your Artifacts screen they can be difficult to track. Moreover, you can actually sell them; I sold my legendary cat leather quiver to the caravan when I realized that it had snuck into one of the finished goods bins that I'd brought to the depot, and bought pretty much everything they had.

With that said, it seems pretty likely that Zodost would be sitting there for your Adventurer to reclaim. Although it might get scattered somewhere instead of being in the vault, which would be a bit disappointing.

Hopefully not if it's in weapon trap form :D
(Hopefully it also doesn't kill me)

Time Blossom

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:COUCH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 05:49:09 am »

Ah; you can snag weapons from weapon traps in Adventurer Mode? Good to know!

Also, leaving the trap with no bolts when you abandon the fort would presumably prevent any untimely demise.

Although having a quiver full of ridiculously encrusted bolts somewhere would be fine, too. I mean, if you're going to be toting a legendary weapon around, might as well have some stylish ammo while you're at it.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 05:50:45 am by Time Blossom »
Time Blossom cancels everything: NaNoWriMo

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2011, 05:51:15 am »

Also, leaving the trap with no bolts when you abandon the fort would presumably prevent any untimely demise. (Although having a quiver full of ridiculously encrusted bolts somewhere would be fine, too).

I have no idea, I just want to be ready when the inevitable antman/hfs/troll face siege arrives and wipes out my defences :d

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2011, 10:59:36 am »

problem- a dorf picks up an artifact, they NEVER put it down.
Not so these days, it's more the opposite. Dwarves won't use artifacts unless they're specifically told to use that specific weapon. I spent ages matching a couple of artifact crossbows to their creators and the little arseholes dropped them the moment I messed around with the uniforms. FINE, they can sit and rot in the weapon bins, I don't care any more. I have enough trouble keeping the melee dwarves equipped. All but three of them have weapons that have only killed in their hands, and I'd like to keep it that way.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2011, 11:02:13 am »

problem- a dorf picks up an artifact, they NEVER put it down.
Not so these days, it's more the opposite. Dwarves won't use artifacts unless they're specifically told to use that specific weapon. I spent ages matching a couple of artifact crossbows to their creators and the little arseholes dropped them the moment I messed around with the uniforms. FINE, they can sit and rot in the weapon bins, I don't care any more. I have enough trouble keeping the melee dwarves equipped. All but three of them have weapons that have only killed in their hands, and I'd like to keep it that way.

I'm not sure if I want to take that chance :/
Plus I like the idea of an impenetrable vault, gonna have fun trying to rob it from myself xD

ajr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2011, 04:04:22 am »

hahaha

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been forced to endure NaNoWriMo failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2011, 04:37:26 pm »

Also, leaving the trap with no bolts when you abandon the fort would presumably prevent any untimely demise. (Although having a quiver full of ridiculously encrusted bolts somewhere would be fine, too).

No, actually you can't. Weapon traps tend to disappear mysteriously (if adventurer traps off) and can't be disarmed in any case. The best course of action is to construct heavy bins (lead, gold, platinum...) that will stand the test of time and place your wonderful artifacts there -- won't scatter. Upright spears/spikes may be deconstructed to get the spear, but I recall that that was a bit buggy.
Going backwards in reversed time (just like everybody else).

Jessoftherocks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grounds all green and mushy, in dungeons o Despair
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2011, 05:36:19 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Its a little better than this at least. He He He
You obviously found a new species of smart kobold.
Way to go, you killed the only smart kobold's to have existed.
See? Not everyone avoids you!
Pages: 1 [2] 3