Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Aeroshots - For when drinking caffeine simply isn't enough. Free stuff too.  (Read 10803 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

It'll only be a matter of time before we see meth that can be absorbed through the skin.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

It'll only be a matter of time before we see meth that can be absorbed through the skin.
Shaking hands with strangers has never been this fun!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

I'll wait for someone else to die of Aeroshots. If that doesn't happen for a few years, hell yes I'm buying them.

Also, if you think this stuff is crazy, wait until Orexin-A hits the market. No one will ever sleep again. Ever. You want 24 354-hour wakefulness; here is your fucking holy grail.

You realize that once that becomes mainstream, the mandatory workday will become 23 hours. (To allow one hour for conjugal visits and travel time.)

I'm also kinda suspect that there are no side effects. NONE at all. Goddamn PEZ candy has side effects, don't tell me this stuff doesn't.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

Goddamn PEZ candy has side effects, don't tell me this stuff doesn't.
The only side effect I know of is the irrational desire to collect the various cute dispensers.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

And a thickening and enlargement of one's midsection with repeated use (although there's only 35 calories per roll...)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

Pretty sure that overworking your body (the increase in heart rate alone due to caffeine intake alone) will lead to incresed risk of heart attacks and strokes.... do they count as side effcts?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 10:52:35 am by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

Shaking hands with strangers has never been this fun!
Sig'd

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I imagine if this catches on it'll be quickly banned forever by the federal government because it's a "Drug delivery system" and isn't approved by the FDA.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile

This reminds me of people doing nitrous oxide / laughing gas at one of the last music festivals I went to. Most doing them had the body language of someone doing drugs but then they'd inhale the contents of a balloon. Made me laugh to see it.

I only drink a couple of cups of tea over the weekend and not every weekend. No idea what these Aeroshots would do to me.

This feels like a satire.  This can't be real.
I won't be worried until I see people snorting lines of it.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

Yeah, I imagine if this catches on it'll be quickly banned forever by the federal government because it's a "Drug delivery system" and isn't approved by the FDA.
See: Aerosol.

Did you know that if you place bloodborne diseases in an aerosol can, you can spread it that way? You can give people AIDS and rabies if you had the money to make them  :P

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah true, but you can't exactly go and buy a aerosol spray can full of smallpox at the local gas station, either.

Some other thoughts, I wonder if these Aeroshots will taste like straight caffeine, which is incredibly bitter, or if they'll come in fun fruit flavors or something to try and mask it?

What happens if you aim the can wrong and you get it into your eyes? Some insects and animals like frogs are incredibly sensitive to caffeine, could I use Aeroshots double as a pest control?

If the can is pressurized, could it be made to explode in order to heighten the alertness and productivity of people caught in the blast radius?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile

Some other thoughts, I wonder if these Aeroshots will taste like straight caffeine, which is incredibly bitter, or if they'll come in fun fruit flavors or something to try and mask it?

Only someone all too accustomed to caffeine like me would know how caffeine tastes, and you're spot on :P

Regardless, doing a demo of these things is a good idea. Maybe they'll really catch on but I see it being just the next big fad.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile

I don't exactly understand how tolerance works, but ya think using that would make coffee less effective...
Thank you based dwarf.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Question: Does anyone actually drink those five-hour lifespan reducers? Because this seems like much the same thing, a stupid way to deliver stupidly high doses of "WAKEMEUPSOIDON'TLOSEAFINGERATWORKOHWAITIHAVEANOFFICEJOB".

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile

I have a massivley unhealthy caffine intake. I havet had any for 2 days and can hardly operate. Im off to the shop to go get some in a bit, bare minimum of coke/pepsi later, like a junike looking for a fix.
This is a blank sig.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4