Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Aeroshots - For when drinking caffeine simply isn't enough. Free stuff too.  (Read 10805 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

Question: Does anyone actually drink those five-hour lifespan reducers? Because this seems like much the same thing, a stupid way to deliver stupidly high doses of "WAKEMEUPSOIDON'TEATMYFINGERATWORKOHWAITIHAVEANOFFICEJOB".
You don't want to cut your finger off in the scanner, now do you?  :P

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You could cut your finger off with one of those big paper trimmer cutting board thingies with the big blade on the edge, at the office. Whatever those are actually called.

Though I think you'd be more likely to do that if you had too much caffeine and were really trying to work too quickly, since you'd have to cut it off yourself, not just passively allow it to happen because you were not quick and alert enough to avoid it like if you worked at a stamp sheet metal press or something.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

You could cut your finger off with one of those big paper trimmer cutting board thingies with the big blade on the edge, at the office. Whatever those are actually called.
I believe it's called a "Paper Cutter"

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

A paper cutter?  :P

Here, have some caffeine. *spritz spritz spritz*

EDIT: A ninja is you.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

I have a massivley unhealthy caffine intake. I havet had any for 2 days and can hardly operate. Im off to the shop to go get some in a bit, bare minimum of coke/pepsi later, like a junike looking for a fix.
I get coffee-withdrawal-headaches on holidays if I forget to keep up my caffeine levels. Fucking awful.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

I get that if I don't take 300mg of caffiene pills or drink a 2-liter of Dew a day. Every day. If I don't get my fix, I want to die from a migraine and upset stomach.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 01:34:38 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile

I get pretty jittery if I don't have about 1 cup of coffee every two days.

Then again, I don't mind, because it's cheap here.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile

I get pretty jittery if I don't have about 1 cup of coffee every two days.

^This is why I've never tried coffee, nor ever will  :P

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

I'll wait for someone else to die of Aeroshots. If that doesn't happen for a few years, hell yes I'm buying them.

Also, if you think this stuff is crazy, wait until Orexin-A hits the market. No one will ever sleep again. Ever. You want 24 354-hour wakefulness; here is your fucking holy grail.

You realize that once that becomes mainstream, the mandatory workday will become 23 hours. (To allow one hour for conjugal visits and travel time.)

I'm also kinda suspect that there are no side effects. NONE at all. Goddamn PEZ candy has side effects, don't tell me this stuff doesn't.
It won't be that extreme at all. Orexin-A only causes mental fatigue to cease, physical fatigue is not affected. While you can restore the latter without sleeping, it takes way more time.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

You've obviously mistaken employers for someone who gives a damn. As long as my brain works, they're not going to care if my body is tired. Especially in our "information economy" where most of us don't get out of our chair all day anyhow when we *are* working.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile

It also might be expensive, there is that to consider. I'm not really sure of its cost, myself.

Anyway, I seriously doubt it can be used indefinitely.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

You've obviously mistaken employers for someone who gives a damn.
I'd spray that stuff in the airconditioning units. See that productivity rise!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

You've obviously mistaken employers for someone who gives a damn.
I'd spray that stuff in the airconditioning units. See that productivity rise!
You mean legionella?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile

It also might be expensive, there is that to consider. I'm not really sure of its cost, myself.

Well, I mean we all gotta die sometimes, preferably in a undignified alert state with eyes dilated.
Thank you based dwarf.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Well, I mean we all gotta die sometimes, preferably in a undignified alert state with eyes dilated.

Or in my case, having sex while skydiving at the age of 103.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4