Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Great RNG Names You've Gotten  (Read 43382 times)

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
Re: Great RNG Names You've Gotten
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2013, 11:56:32 pm »

I got a murderer whose last name happens to be "Zimmerman"
And another whose first is "Adolph"

Ach, both of those are German names, Mein Freünd. Have you heard of the Zimmermann Telegram? That was back in 1917 düring World War I when the German Empire (a.k.a. the 2nd Reich, ünter Kaiser Vilhelm) had Reichsminister für Foreign Affairs, Herr Arthur Zimmermann, send ein telegram to La Republica de Viva La México, ze country south of ze Ünited $tates of América. Ein zis telegram, ze Deütschen Volken promised la gente de México that México would get back all of ze territories they lost to the Ünited $tates in the past, such as California, Texas, Arizona, El Estado de Nuevo México, etc., in return for fighting on the side of ze Imperium Germanum in World War Ein. Ünfortunately for ze Deütschen Volken, La Republica de Viva La México not only refused zis generous offer, but ze Ünited $tates intercepted the telegram and President Woodrow Wilson used it as a pretext to declare war on Deütschland, and soon the mighty Ü$ military crushed Deütschland and made them sign Le Treaty de Versailles in France, a humiliating defeat for Germany that ultimately resulted in the rise of Adolph Hitler in the 1930s. So historically speaking Adolph and Herr Zimmermann are closely connected, as it was Zimmerman's fault that Adolph later rose to power. If he hadn't sent the telegram to Mexico, the U.S. would have stayed out of the war, and the Treaty of Versailles wouldn't have happened, which would have meant Hitler's rise to power wouldn't have happened.
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 14, 2013, 09:28:27 am »

Ünited $tates

There needs to be a language that uses the dollar sign as a letter.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 14, 2013, 10:35:09 am »

I got a founder named Hugh Grant
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 15, 2013, 01:08:50 am »

In my latest game, the Arch-Conservative President of the United States that I'm stuck with for the first 4 years is named... guess what... Bill Clinton! I never knew Slick Willy was an Arch-Conservative! I guess that explains why he declared "the era of big government is over", did welfare reform, deregulated the banking sector, made them install "V-chips" in TVs for censorship, balanced the budget by cutting spending that helps the poor and needy, bombed innocent civilians in several nations such as Serbia, Sudan, and Iraq (he even bombed the Chinese embassy in Serbia which really pissed off the Chinese), and took a number of other Conservative actions. But still... I always thought the dude was a Liberal... maybe not THAT Liberal, but I thought he was left of center. I mean, he could play the saxophone, and he had an affair with Monica Lewinsky. Those are both Liberal actions... one requires Music skill and the other Seduction. I always thought Bill Clinton had a lot of Heart ("I feel your pain") but not too much Wisdom (getting caught in that affair with Monica). But I wouldn't consider Bubba an L+ Liberal Elite... after all he was a former Arkansas governor who presided over the execution of a mentally retarded African-American man, there was that whole Sistah Souljah moment, and he was basically an inbred redneck from southern Appalachia with a good-for-nothing drug addict brother, Roger Clinton, who Bill had to pardon. Plus he's married to Hillary Clinton, the American version of Margaret Thatcher, the Iron Lady.

Anyway it was just really funny getting Bill Clinton as the Arch-Conservative C+ president I started out with. Of course the real Bill Clinton took office in 1993, not 2009, but other than that, the game seems to be a pretty accurate depiction of reality so far. :o

Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2013, 09:36:12 am »

Bombing the Chinese embassy was because the CIA messed up, it wasn't on purpose.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2013, 02:08:17 am »

Bombing the Chinese embassy was because the CIA messed up, it wasn't on purpose.

You're right, that was a mistake by the CIA under Bill Clinton. Just like when George Bush Sr. vomited on the Japanese Prime Minister and George W. Bush choked on a pretzel, those weren't on purpose either, nor was that time George W. Bush was visiting China and tried to leave a room and the doors were locked and there was this funny video of him trying to escape. But when Ronald Reagan said, "My fellow Americans, I have signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in 5 minutes," that WAS on purpose, plus there was all the funny business with Nancy Reagan consulting psychics for advice. Jimmy Carter's whole handling of Iran was one big joke. Bill Clinton got into so many humorous escapades I don't even know where to start, the Lewinsky thing is just the tip of the iceberg. And when Barack Obama had that Jeremiah Wright controversy in the 2008 campaign and Obama had to give a speech to distance himself from his pastor, that was kinda funny, although Barack Obama is a lot harder than most politicians to parody, there just isn't as much comic material to make fun of in Obama, especially compared to George W. Bush or Bill Clinton, who were both comedy gold mines, easiest guys to parody in the world. But Joe Biden, he does funny stuff all the time, The Onion has a long list of it here.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 16, 2013, 10:35:58 am »

You're right, that was a mistake by the CIA under Bill Clinton. Just like when George Bush Sr. vomited on the Japanese Prime Minister and George W. Bush choked on a pretzel, those weren't on purpose either, nor was that time George W. Bush was visiting China and tried to leave a room and the doors were locked and there was this funny video of him trying to escape. But when Ronald Reagan said, "My fellow Americans, I have signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in 5 minutes," that WAS on purpose, plus there was all the funny business with Nancy Reagan consulting psychics for advice. Jimmy Carter's whole handling of Iran was one big joke. Bill Clinton got into so many humorous escapades I don't even know where to start, the Lewinsky thing is just the tip of the iceberg. And when Barack Obama had that Jeremiah Wright controversy in the 2008 campaign and Obama had to give a speech to distance himself from his pastor, that was kinda funny, although Barack Obama is a lot harder than most politicians to parody, there just isn't as much comic material to make fun of in Obama, especially compared to George W. Bush or Bill Clinton, who were both comedy gold mines, easiest guys to parody in the world. But Joe Biden, he does funny stuff all the time, The Onion has a long list of it here.
I might just have a new avatar.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2013, 01:51:50 pm »

Also I almost recruited a Hippie named Eric Holder to my squad, but his stats were terrible. If he had had been a lawyer or a judge, that would have been neat.

EDIT: And I'm trying to recruit a Mutant named Emma Frost to my squad.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 04:43:04 pm by Persus13 »
Sigtext

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2013, 11:44:57 am »

In the same game, I got A hippy named "harry potter" and my Leaders name was Dwayne Cutlass
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 11:48:53 am by wer6 »
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
  • Even on the battlefield.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2013, 06:12:07 am »

Dick Skinner

(It was just too good I couldn't not bump)

Smak64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 19, 2013, 07:54:02 pm »

Well, I did encounter a place in the Downtown District named Hooker Garment Makers.

P.S. Sorry if bumping an old topic, I just posted because I felt that was worth sharing, and I didn't check the date.

Alidus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 19, 2013, 08:23:26 pm »

Jasmine Hopper.

Well, why is this great? She was a dancer who got her leg shot off when I mistakenly had her kick a door while people were watching and an Army Veteran caught her on the way out.

Turned out to be an awesome character. Gone now though due to leader doing disobedience and getting harassed, trying to escape, and very unluckily being shot to death and nobody would take over.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 19, 2013, 09:37:36 pm »

My founders starting seduced lawyer was named Michelle Obama.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2014, 05:46:58 pm »

I finally got Hugh Mann as a founder. (Reference:http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HughMann)

Unfortunately, the power went out and I've never gotten Hugh OR Mann for first/last names since then.

DaL33T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 12, 2014, 01:20:22 pm »

I started out as a gang leader, and one of my subordinates (who would later become the leader) was named TONY WARMAN.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9