Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: That's my kind of biscuits!  (Read 874 times)

RPB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://rapidshare.com/files/70864746/scardagger_winter_1059.zip.html
That's my kind of biscuits!
« on: August 12, 2006, 05:45:00 pm »

My cooks keep making "dwarven wine biscuits." I'm not sure exactly how this is physically possible, but I foresee them becoming a popular food item. Is this really supposed to happen?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: That's my kind of biscuits!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 05:56:00 pm »

Yeah, right now they just use any cookable item.  There's a Req up in the dev stuff for using proper substrates for food.  There are a number of exploits as well, like one plant can turn into much wine, and then much wine can turn into a lot of food.  The same is true of sugar and syrup perhaps.  Also, I want to use more words!  Everything is minced right now...  even unminceable things...
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Gezol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 06:28:00 pm »

(four more days...)

Wine biscuits actually are a real food item. Though, needless to say, they have more ingredients than just wine...

From what I've heard about the cooking so far, it definitely needs more words, and it should use different ones according to what stuff is made from- there seem to be a whole lot of biscuits and cookies made of meat, and it would make a lot more sense to limit those terms to foods made with flour and sugar, and have words like "roasts" and "steaks" and "kebabs" for dishes with meat as the substrate. What I'd suggest for the cooking is to have a pure meat category, a pure vegetarian category, and another for foods that mix the two, and different vocabulary for all of them. There's probably all kinds of fun possibilities there, particularly when you get to the more sophisticated food items. Actual wine biscuits could be in that category, made from flour, sugar, and dwarven wine.

Captain_Action

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 06:38:00 pm »

What's next, Beer-you-can-eat-with-a-fork?