Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Dwarves and beastfolk...and a slightly disturbing thought..  (Read 11091 times)

Protactinium

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAN_SALT:CHILD]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves and beastfolk...and a slightly disturbing thought..
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2011, 10:52:38 am »

:-\ Don't kill the kobolds, they're just trying to provide for their families, and our dwarves lead lives of excess and luxury anyway; what's a few stolen <<+grizzly bear leather cloaks+>> to us anyway? Let them live! Let them LOVE! LET OUR SPECIES MINGLE, AND INTERMINGLE!

I don't support caged kobolds in the dining room cages, though. Kobold sex slaves can be a fiction for lonely dwarf boys to think about when they're spanking the rhesus macaque, but let not dwarven society be so degenerate as to use the cuddly wittle creatures purely for those purposes. The kobolds and dwarves should have a high-level mutually-enjoyable relationship, and people make love with whomever they love--does not matter whether it's dwarf on dwarf, kobold on kobold, or dwarf on kobold!

I have a DREAM! where kobolds will be able to join hands with dwarf men and women as partners and lovers. And man, do I love imagining this dream again and again...
The thing that confuses me about dorfs is this. Dorf 1 dies in an avalance or somesuch. Dorf 2 is friends with dorf 3 and dorf 1. Dorf 2 berserks because of his friends death and kills dorf 3. also a friend. W. T. F.
Clearly you've never been drunk.

tolkafox

• Bay Watcher
  • Capitalism, ho!
    • View Profile
    • Phantasm
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2011, 06:15:34 pm »

Will.. or would it ever be possible.. for a dwarf..  lets say a very, very drunken one.. to stumble through the woods one day while chopping wood, and suddenly meet a beautiful (?)  kobold maiden..  and not only take her as a wife,  but...   *ahem*..

But then wouldn't this happen?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Don't let your women near the dwarf fortress! They get pregnant just looking at a dwarf!"
It was a miracle of rare device, A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

dirkzen

• Bay Watcher
  • Flood the depot. Get free stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2011, 07:56:23 pm »

spanking the rhesus macaque
Oh god I lol'd
Forgotten beasts flying up the wells and eating them might cause some negative effects.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2011, 09:40:48 am »

Well, once procedural/averaged body types are in (Werewolf MKII), that would make more sense... Still, the closer the RAWs are, the more likely the cross should be. Really different things should need magic to... ahm... interbreed.

I can see myself breeding a better dwarf...

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2011, 09:48:27 am »

~23 days... Can that be seen as necromancy?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2011, 12:37:44 pm »

How far back on the board pages was it? My rule is that anything past page 5 is forsaken land.

BranRhi

• Bay Watcher
  • In my other pants, theres a secret~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2011, 02:39:17 pm »

:-\ I have a DREAM! where kobolds will be able to join hands with dwarf men and women as partners and lovers. And man, do I love imagining this dream again and again...

I am totally going to sig with you, this made me laugh
I have a DREAM! where kobolds will be able to join hands with dwarf men and women as partners and lovers. And man, do I love imagining this dream again and again...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2011, 06:24:37 pm »

That awkward moment where you read back at what you've actually posted, and realise;

Crap. Isn't your mind Freudian beyond recognition.

Basically, abandon thread.
Except the Eugenics part, Uberdwarves intrigue me, but interspecies breeding should never be allowed.

IT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE. >:[

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2011, 11:51:11 pm »

Well, once procedural/averaged body types are in

If this ever happens...
manbearpig.
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

Jheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2011, 08:02:08 am »

That awkward moment where you read back at what you've actually posted, and realise;

Crap. Isn't your mind Freudian beyond recognition.

Basically, abandon thread.
Except the Eugenics part, Uberdwarves intrigue me, but interspecies breeding should never be allowed.

IT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE. >:[

Definately doesn't make sense, since the definition of a species is that they can produce offspring (well, technically fertile offspring, but whatever). Hence, no cross-species breeding is possible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2011, 10:15:54 pm »

Have you ever noticed that your mind tends to explode when you try to think about magic from a scientific standpoint?

Magic makes it possible. Also, I think that if two species don't ever breed with each other because of different appearances/behaviors/etc but are physically able to produce fertile offspring, they are considered different species, but when sentience is involved, that goes out the window. Especially when you add alcohol to the equation. Guess what dwarves have a lot of?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2011, 03:30:50 pm »

Have you ever noticed that your mind tends to explode when you try to think about magic from a scientific standpoint?

Magic makes it possible. Also, I think that if two species don't ever breed with each other because of different appearances/behaviors/etc but are physically able to produce fertile offspring, they are considered different species, but when sentience is involved, that goes out the window. Especially when you add alcohol to the equation. Guess what dwarves have a lot of?

I don't need magic, when I have !!SCIENCE!! to make the impossible possible! (Or even more impossible).

If two species are physically capable of producing fertile offspring, aren't they just the same species? >_<

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2011, 01:43:31 pm »

Actually, there are two kinds of frogs that are closely related, live next to each other, and will ocasionaly interbreed at the edges of thier territory, but they always seem to outcompete the hybrids, even though they are fertile. At least I think I remember reading that... Suffice it to say, defining species there was problematic...

I can see a magic WMD causing inter-fertility by spores in a given region for X years... What a horrifing threat!

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2011, 02:04:32 pm »

So... some type of magical strike into an area, then tens of years later the area is full of small, self-destructive, alcohol-reliant, bearded tree-huggers that live forever?

O_O
Nightmarish...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2011, 02:14:10 pm »

Precicely! MUAHAHAHAAA!

No one would DARE tick me off if I had that! YOUR CHILDREN WILL ALL BE BADGERS! YOU HEAR ME? BADGERS!
And fluffy wambdorfs... And slugmen... And cave croco-elfs...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5