Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: MECHA-GENESIS, A Genesis Mod (v2011.10.17.3.25d)  (Read 17643 times)

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
MECHA-GENESIS, A Genesis Mod (v2011.10.17.3.25d)
« on: October 28, 2011, 10:24:54 pm »

Mecha-Genesis 3.25d

A Genesis Mod Combining Genesis 3.25d with TomiTapio's Additions (including Bonfire Mod) and a little Workshop Overkill by Mechanixm

>>> DOWNLOAD IT HERE <<<

The main focus of this mod is to add workshops and reactions that I think add additional flavor and utility to the game while staying true to the complexity and depth of the Genesis Mod

This is a Total Conversion Mod, which means it is a stand alone product. All you have to do to get started is: 1) Download and 2) Play.

Info about Genesis Mod can be found here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=52988.0

All credits, honors, and props go to Deon, TomiTapio, and the many many others listed in the Credits section on the Genesis page.

Additional Dwarf Fortress Tools and Utilities:
    Dwarf Therapist: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=66525.0
    PerfectWorld: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=57428.0
    Quickfort: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=35931.0
    SoundSense: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=60287.0
    DFHack: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.0

New, Updated, or Expanded Workshops

Furniture Workshop
    • Here you will find additional masonry and carpentry based stone and wood reactions
    • The look of the Furniture Workshop has been changed to a prettier design.
    • Stone bed reactions have been split in to three self explanatory categories: Wool Sheets, Silk Sheets, Plant Fiber Sheets.  The goal is to make beds with the cloth of your choice.
    • Dismantling of Masonry and Carpentry Based items has been expanded.
    • All metal and glass reactions have been moved to the Furniture Furnace

Furniture Furnace
    • All glass and metal based reactions that used be housed in the Furniture Workshop have been moved here
    • Available Green/Clear/Crystal Glass Reactions: Barrels, Bins, Beds (all three thread kinds), Mechanisms, and Slabs
    • Available Metal Reactions: Beds, Slabs, Mechanisms, and Tube Sections
    • The glass and metal reactions require fuel and the other materials they normally require: bags of sand, pearlash, charcoal, etc...
    • All Metal reactions have been updated with TomiTapio's additional metals.
    • There is a magma version available.

StoneCutter
    • The StoneCutter is home to many StoneCrafting and Mechanics based reactions.
    • The name has been finalized as StoneCutter.  In previous versions of my mods and Genesis it was named the Grinder, and half of the RAWs refer to the worshop as either Grinder or StoneCutter.  Everything has been updated so that it is now just the StoneCutter.
    • The StoneCutter has received a face-lift to look more mechanical.
    • The Stone Grinding Reaction has been removed from the StoneCutter and expanded on greatly in the new workshop The Pulverizer
    • At the StoneCutter you can create Mechanisms and Traction Benches, which means you only need to have one worthless Mechanic's Workshop Built for the occasional strange mood.

Pulverizer
    • Grinding stones is now done on a specific stone by stone basis.  Meaning, you will tell it which types of stones to grind: Gabbro, Gneiss, Sandstone, Marble, etc...
    • Grinding requires 10 of the individually requested stones.
    • The random products you have a chance of receiving is now determined based upon which layer those boulders came from.  I.E. Grinding metamorphic rocks has a very small chance of producing a lump of metal ore that is potentially found in metamorphic rocks, etc.
    • Grinding now also guarantees a product of 1 Block
    • The Pulverizer has been updated to include all of TomiTapio's additional stones.

Block Factory
    • Here you will specifically craft blocks from whatever stone you have available.  If you want Gabbro blocks, you can specifically make Gabbro blocks.
    • There is also a small additional chance of producing extra blocks per stone.
    • The Block Factory has been updated to include all of TomiTapio's additional stones.

Crematorium
    • The Crematorium replaces the Wood Furnace and the Charcoal Furnace.  This is where you make your Charcoal folks.
    • Here you will burn things to turn them in to Coal or Ash
    • Cremate vermin and body parts for a chance of Ash, and a small chance of fat for the body parts.  The type of fat has been standardized to Cat Fat for simplicity.
    • Burn yarn/cloth/silk/leather clothing and armors for a chance of Ash
    • Burn wooden items/furniture/finished goods for a chance of Coal.  Drown those Elves for their woody goods!

Unraveler
    • Here you will unravel cloth, silk, yarn, and leather items and armors with a fairly decent success rate.  This means you can now re-purpose all of that soft goblinite after sieges and put it to good use instead of just cluttering up your fort and filling stock piles.
    • You can NOT unravel improved items.  If it's dyed or has an image sewn on it, or if its decorated, it can't be unraveled.

Training Workshops
    • Included are my four individual workshops that can be used to train skills as well as an updated Philosopher's Garden.
    • The reactions to train skills require blocks to use, so put your Pulverizer and Block Factory to work if that's your style.
    • Training reactions have a 90% success rate.  Failure consumes your Block.

Kiln
    • An additional Plaster Reaction has been created which can be made from normal boulders, clay, and other readily available materials.
    • Pearlash Yields an additional item
    • You can now Frankenstein a single piece of coal from ash, pearlash, potash, and clay.  Sometimes you only need that one piece of coal...

Crucible
    • Red Steel making was not listed for the non-Magma Crucible.  This has been fixed.

BlastFurnace
    • The BlastFurnace has been greatly expanded to include many high efficiency smelting reactions of simple combinations.  You will still need to hit the other Smelting furnaces for your complex reactions.

Other Updates, Changes, and RAW Cleanup

A note on workshop building materials...
    Through much testing on my laptop and desktop, I've noticed that having multiple building components, required to build certain workshops, will cause "Query" lag later in the game as your FPS drops. While I like the flavor of having more and more complicated building materials to build certain buildings, I like having no-lag better. Therefore, just about all buildings in my mods will now require only one building material.

Aquifers have been removed from the soil and stone layers. The original files with aquifers are still in the RAW folder if you want to play with them. Just delete the files that say "-No Aquifers" and then remove the .Original extensions from the other stone and soil layers. You will see what I mean when you look at the Objects folder. There are two files you need to change.

REACTION_CRAFTING.TXT has had all of its entries moved to the proper corresponding REACTION_%WORKSHOP%.TXT files

[REACTION_CLASS:REFINE_STONE] has been added to the STONE_TEMPLATE under MATERIAL_TEMPLATE_DEFAULT. This is used for dismantling stone items at the Furniture Workshop.

TOMITAPIO'S version did not include the change to include underground plants growing in all 4 seasons. This has been fixed.

The Ironworks reaction files have been separated in to their own Reaction files. E.G. The Crucible Reactions have been moved to GENESIS_CRUCIBLE.txt. Finishing Forge reactions have been moved to GENESIS_FINISHING_FORGE.txt. I hope Deon takes this separation of RAW files in to more recognizable files to heart! 

The 4 reactions for steel in Ironworks have been moved to REACTION_MECHANIXM_BLASTFURNACE.txt

Cacame Awemedinade may show up in engravings from time to time.

Obsidian has had its tile changed to make it more easier to spot next to Andesite, Dactie, and the rest of those crappy gray stones.

Un-Walkable perimeters of many workshops have been removed. You should be able to walk right through most of them.

[REACTION_CLASS:SAND] has been added to inorganic_stone_soil for all sand materials.

Future Plans
    I plan to add reactions to the Furniture Workshop and StoneCutter to target every stone based item to be made from Blocks. For example, suppose you wanted to make 10 obsidian tables. Well, create 10 obsidian blocks at the Block Factory, or wherever, and then specify that you want 10 Obsidian tables to be made at the Furniture Workshop. Something along those lines...
    « Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 10:28:42 pm by Mechanixm »

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    Re: MECHA-GENESIS, A Genesis Mod (v2011.10.17.3.25d)
    « Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 10:29:00 pm »

*Reserved*

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
    • DAT WIZARD
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 11:55:54 pm »

woof

that was literally what I said when I read this topic

BackgroundGuy

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 12:12:57 am »

Available Green/Clear/Crystal Glass Reactions: Barrels, Bins, Beds (all three thread kinds), Mechanisms, and Slabs
    Available Metal Reactions: Beds, Slabs, Mechanisms, and Tube Sections

Why did you include ___ glass barrels when you can make pots normally?  Same for Metal tube sections, you can do that in the furniture section of a normal furnace too.  Did you remove vellum/scriptoriums/libraries and replace them with your block reactions?

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 11:42:54 am »

Available Green/Clear/Crystal Glass Reactions: Barrels, Bins, Beds (all three thread kinds), Mechanisms, and Slabs
    Available Metal Reactions: Beds, Slabs, Mechanisms, and Tube Sections

Why did you include ___ glass barrels when you can make pots normally?  Same for Metal tube sections, you can do that in the furniture section of a normal furnace too.  Did you remove vellum/scriptoriums/libraries and replace them with your block reactions?

I included glass barrels because I thought it silly not to be able to make them out of glass.  Pots and barrells are not the same thing and I feel that everything should be craft-able from all materials, within reason.

Crap...I included the Metal Tubes because when I searched for Tubes all I found were Glass ones...  Metal Tubes are called pipes, apparently...  I will fix that in the next version. 

All of the original Training Facilities that come with Genesis are left in there, fully intact.  My workshops are just another way you can go about training, if you wish to train at all.

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 11:43:46 am »

woof

that was literally what I said when I read this topic

This made me giggle, even though I don't know what you mean...

Yuzuke

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 09:31:13 pm »

This is epic.I mean ZOMG!!!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
    • DAT WIZARD
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 09:41:10 pm »

This is epic.I mean ZOMG!!!

This is pretty much what I meant by woof

Deon

• Bay Watcher
    • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 02:14:35 pm »

Nice additions. I am not sure how I feel about it being in a separate thread, but it definitely helps people to notice it, so go ahead :).
    ▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
    ✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
    ✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 03:52:31 pm »

This... is ridiculously awesome :D Keep up the good job man.
    "Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 04:25:04 pm »

Nice additions. I am not sure how I feel about it being in a separate thread, but it definitely helps people to notice it, so go ahead :).

I've been trying to get a hold of you for 3 weeks!  I thought it unfair to deny the world all the work I had done while you toiled away in a laboratory somewhere...

We can lock this thread as soon as you hook me up with a link on the Genesis OP.  :)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 07:04:19 am »

An idea, a bit more urgent IMHO than stone selection at furniture: could you please pretty please change the (Magma) Kiln so that we can select between making Earthenware, Stoneware and Porcelain? It's quite annoying due to the value and function difference (with one of them not being waterproof without glazing).
    "Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 04:19:50 pm »

An idea, a bit more urgent IMHO than stone selection at furniture: could you please pretty please change the (Magma) Kiln so that we can select between making Earthenware, Stoneware and Porcelain? It's quite annoying due to the value and function difference (with one of them not being waterproof without glazing).

What do you mean exactly?  Where as the reactions currently say Make Clay Pot, you want me to break out all the different types of clay's that can be used to make clay pots?

For example, separate reactions for these:

Make Clay Pots
    Make Silty Clay Pots
    Make Sandy Clay Pots
    Make Clay Loam Pots
    Make Sandy Clay Loam Pots
    Silty Clay Loam Pots
    Make Fire Clay Pots
    etc...

Is that what you're talking about?

Or are you talking about the Glazes?  Right now there are only Ash Glaze and Tin Glaze that can be applied to pottery items.

I'm so confused!

Earthenware are pots that are unglazed.
    Porcelain are pots that are glazed?  Yes?  Anyone?
    Stoneware are just pots you can make at the Craftsdwarf shop.  What am I missing here?

*update*  I just checked the RAWs and it looks like all clays make the same crappy earthenware stuff except for Fire Clay.  Fire Clay makes ceramic_stoneware?  So...do you just want me to separate out the fire clay vs all the rest of the clay reactions?
    « Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 04:32:12 pm by Mechanixm »

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 04:51:58 pm »

Does anyone else have any requests for the mod that they think is a good fit?

I'm currently working on alphabetizing the entries in the RAWs so that things show up in alphabetical order everywhere.

***Update***
    After having finished alphabetizing all of the ITEM RAWs I have come to discover that this makes a HUGE difference.   Holy crap!  Why hasn't someone done this yet?
    « Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 11:25:07 am by Mechanixm »

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
    • ..............boo
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: December 15, 2011, 05:58:25 pm »

Hey Mechanixm

Are you still around?  If so, is there any chance you are going to update this now that Deon has updated Genesis? 

Thanks
    Pages: [1] 2