Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: The Masquerade RTD Turn 11  (Read 7040 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
The Masquerade RTD Turn 11
« on: October 28, 2011, 11:16:36 pm »

The game that made me want to make this. I really doubt this RTD will be as good as that game.

Hi. This game lets you play out your fantasy of being a vampire/werewolf/whatever in the 19th century! Never had that fantasy? Well...nevermind about that then. And no, this isn't just WOD in the 19th century, all though it's very much like it. The game will be using a simple 1d6 system for the most part.

Keep in mind, this is the first RTD that I've thought up of myself.

Spoiler: Setting (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Afflictions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Factions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Clans/Spirit/Source (click to show/hide)

Character Sheet Template
Name:
Faction:
Clan/Spirit/Source:
Background:
Preferred Starting Area:
Appearance (optional):

Limit of 5 players for now.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 02:36:32 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Masquerade RTD
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 11:17:25 pm »

Player List.
1. Digital Hellhound (Khamisi Saqqaf)
2. wolfchild (Mathean)
3._DivideByZero_ (Thomas Pike)
4.HighEndNoob (Andrew Meyers)
5.Sinpwn (?)
6. Talarion (Aidon Clayworth)

Waiting List.
1. adwarf
2.Grimmjow6th
3. TCM
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 06:16:49 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 11:25:22 pm »

Name: Mathean
Affliction: Werewolf
Faction: Spirits
Clan/Spirit/Source: Lov
Background: (Will think of one, gotta worry about a mates Birthday party right now)
Preferred Starting Area: British Isles
Appearance (optional): (Same as the BG)
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 11:40:30 pm »

Correction: Treaty of Ghent was signed in 1814 and ended the war of 1812, which was fought primarily over Canada as well as ideals (impressment and all that sparked a lot of tensions, leading to the embargo... yeah).

Name: Thomas Pike
Affliction: Vigilante
Faction: None/Adventurer?
Clan/Spirit/Source: n/a
Background: Thomas Pike is an eccentric young man, often regarded by his companions to be brilliant yet somewhat incoherent. He spent his childhood attending public school, and his political ideas were strongly influenced by the current president, Thomas Jefferson. Upon his graduation, however, he refused to attend college, and instead opted to pack his gear and set out to explore the world. His friends at the time were baffled at the thought of giving up an otherwise well-set life as a clergyman in favor of becoming a self-employed adventurer.
But his dream had always been to discover, and to explore. He traveled from town to town, doing freelance jobs at times, and at other times helping the local citizenry out of good will. By 1813, he acquired enough gear and supplies that he believed he was ready to set out into the 'Great American Desert,' as it was called at the time.

He did so, and never returned until about a year later. He had traveled thousands of miles on foot and survived countless encounters with the supernatural. It was this experience that set him onto the path of a vigilante, dedicating time and possibly his life to rooting out evil and destroying it.
Preferred Starting Area: Boston, Massachusetts
Appearance: Thomas is about 22 years of age. He is tall yet skinny with the usual short brown curly hair and brown eyes. He normally wears his black fedora and a pair of brass goggles in addition to a leather jacket and pants. He often carries with him numerous implements, including his telescope and a backpack full of gear.

Inventory? If we can start with some items I'd like to have one of the following as a weapon. Otherwise, ignore this.
-Some kind of pistol, preferably a revolver
-A compact rifle of Thomas' own design, essentially a cross between a revolver and a rifle.
-Crossbow, with an optical sight.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 12:02:04 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 11:42:00 pm »

Name: Andrew Meyers
Affliction: Vigilantes
Faction: None
Clan/Spirit/Source: N/A
Background:Andrew Meyers was from New York who fought in both the Revolutionary war and War of 1812. After the Treaty of Ghent, he decided to move from the coast or New York and into Connecticut. In New Haven, he managed to start-up a lumber industry and managed to create a lot of wealth.
Preferred Starting Area: New Haven, Connecticut
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 11:57:37 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 11:45:32 pm »

I'm interested, but I have commitment issues right now. But I'll be watching. And even waiting, maybe.

(yes, this is my very roundabout way of saying "posting to watch")
Love, scriver~

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 02:20:52 am »

Writing up sheet now.

Edit:

Name:
Affliction: Ascendent
Faction: Anarchia
Clan/Spirit/Source: Eldrich Abominations
Background: A normal man who came to see the universe as it truly was through simple bad luck, he now commands the powers of those who lurk beyond the veil.
Preferred Starting Area: Canada, near ottawa.
Appearance (optional): Dark hair, pale skin, Very dark eye sockets
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 03:09:29 am by Sinpwn »

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 02:27:24 am »

IN please!

Name: Aiden Clayworth
Affliction: Ascendant
Faction: Primas Lumiant
Clan/Spirit/Source: A blood-red jewel that is worn on a metal necklace. It is constantly gathering/generating energy and storing it, so it is always a readily available source of magical energy.
Background: Aiden was born in London, in 1790. Four years later, his family moved to the Americas. So there, he was raised, on the east coast. He had a quiet childhood, before moving to New York. He was born into a family of Ascendants, so he has always known.
Preferred Starting Area: New York.
Appearance (optional): Aiden stands fairly tall at 6', with shoulder-length dark brown hair pulled back into a pony tail, with two bangs framing his face, complemented by crystal blue eyes. He has a small triangular goatee on his chin. He has high cheekbones, and a slightly tanned tone of skin.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 02:59:11 am by Talarion »
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 04:02:43 am »

Correction: Treaty of Ghent was signed in 1814 and ended the war of 1812, which was fought primarily over Canada as well as ideals (impressment and all that sparked a lot of tensions, leading to the embargo... yeah).

I know that. I just wanted to make it clear that the US is an independent country/federation(?) at this time. I should probably change the title to "Recent Happenings at start of the game" or something like that.

Also, I don't know if Talarion can be part of the starting group. DH hasn't responded yet, so I'll wait till tomorrow.

EDIT: I'm amazed no one went vampire.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 04:10:15 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 04:08:26 am »

I was thinkin about it... but I didn't realise Sinpwn was a Ascendant aswell, and I thought someone would definitely go Vampire, so yeah.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 05:21:45 am »

Name: Khamisi Saqqaf (using the alias Theodore Horne at the moment)
Affliction: Vampire
Faction: Akh Afzal
Clan/Spirit/Source: Kholl

Background: Khamisi has chosen to forgot his past and early days as a mortal - he was the son of an Arab slaver and his slave, true, but anything more specific than that has disappeared. His clearest memories are of the day he became one of the Blood, and when he joined the Akh Afzal. Khamisi became a devoted agent of his masters, working all across the Middle-East and Sub-Saharan Africa to fulfill their bidding.

After centuries of work in Eurasia and Africa, Khamisi has been tasked with establishing a new base of operations in the United States of America. After feeding on and taking on the looks of an Englishman, Khamisi, or 'Theodore Horne', boarded a ship bound for New York. He spent much of the journey alone in meditation, and slipped away after the nightfall once the ship had reached its destination, bypassing immigrations and the officials the mortal passengers had been forced to suffer.

Preferred Starting Area: New York

Appearance (optional): His original appearance was that of a sturdy, heavily-built man of Arabic descent, but Khamisi has taken on the looks of a middle-aged Englishman. He was somewhat good-looking, with sharp, lean features, curly brown hair and an eternal half-smile playing on his lips. Khamisi has let these looks fall to waste somewhat, not caring for such trivialties.

Here's your vampire!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 06:21:06 am »

I'll just add another slot. I'm sure I can handle it...
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2011, 06:45:50 am »

I'll just add another slot. I'm sure I can handle it...

Famous last words
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2011, 07:39:21 am »

Mathean/wolfchild

Another cold day in the city of London, capital of the majestic British Empire. Well, they just lost North America, but who cared for details? It wasn't your job to care about these things anyway. You were  called, your spirit had appeared in your dreams last night. You were to meet with another of the pack for an important task. He should've arrived at the inn (which you are currently in) in 30 minutes. The inn is operating as usual, drunks drinking, waitresses being pinched and the barman always serving beer. As you look up at the door, you see the man you would meet with. Tall and wearing a dirty blue overcoat. He met your eyes and seated himself down next to you.

"I see your early, sorry for my lateness, but the newspapers won't print themselves! Have you heard about what happened at the baron South's manor today? There was a robbery and something about fairies. Poppycock!"

In your local code, that meant that the baron South had been assaulted by...something. No one was sure yet. Your packmate had been attacked on his way here, he thinks it had to do with baron South.

"I've heard that those atlantic salmon you like are being sold at Hem's next to warehouse 14. Should probably go there later."

Which meant that you could could probably find some answers or leads there.

(5) You have £20, a pistol, and a dictionary to basic Hindi.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Thomas Pike/_DivideByZero_

Humanity always thought that they had everything under control. They were wrong. You had seen the who the true controllers were and who were the slaves. Vampires, witches, werebeasts....They were the ones who controlled everything. Humans needed to retake their turf. Which was why you were here in Boston. You've read about several murders recently, all corpses found without any drop of blood. Currently, you're in a cafe, reading the daily news.

(3) You have a crossbow and an almost broken pistol.

Andrew Meyers/HighEndNoob

You had came here not too long ago, (2) and already things had gone bad. Your lumber industry, while successful at first, had started becoming unprofitable just a month ago, in fact, you were in debt. $200 worth of debt to be exact, you'll either have to sell it off, or pay it off.

(3) Worse yet, you've seen some figures walking in the dark, obviously non-human.

(5) You have an axe, deed to a lumber company, -$200 and a rifle.

Sinpwn/???

(Problem: Ottawa as a city didn't exist yet :P)

For a long time, you've been speaking with the Powers From Beyond. The sweet- terrible voices of peace and war-a symphony of all that was existent and not. In your rituals, you had killed at least 1/8 of the population, which in all honesty, was still quite small.

You see, Ottawa's still a little more than a lumber camp with a few people here and there. You yourself were a son of a lumberjack. Right now you were in your father's basement, calling upon the voices from beyond.

(2) You have a rusty knife and £5

Talarion/Aiden Clayworth

Magic, it could sunder foes, plow whole fields, change the weather, bring you great joy, and slowly destroy you from withing. Magic was no toy, nothing to be fooled around with and nothing to be played with. You learnt this since the day of your birth; Ascendents taught their own in their ways.

Right now, you were in the city's sewers. As part of the New York division of the Lumiant, you were tasked with capturing and subduing all who would try to subvert magic or abuse it. There was a cabal down here somewhere, and you would find them. Or at least your teammates (who are scattered all over  the sewers) would.

In front of you are three tunnels, each identical in look and smell.

(3) You have Source Jewel, Stunning dust.

Khamisi Saqqaf/Digital Hellhound

The elders had declared you fit for the task, fit for bringing order and justice to the New World. You were perfect for the task; a Kholl and loyal to the cause. This city where you would begin your task was the New York, the most populated city on the whole continent, there must be hundreds ready for conversion. Of course, you knew it wouldn't be easy, the elders said the Lumiant and the Society crawled the streets like rats, not to mention the smaller groups...

Right now you were in a warehouse with all the things you would need to begin your plans...(1) Which is next to nothing since you discovered that the ship bringing your cargo sunk.

You have $10 dollars and a rusty knife.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: The Masquerade RTD Turn 1
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2011, 08:05:37 am »

Thank the man, and head to meet the contact
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9