Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Another Project - Dwarven EcoCity 2020  (Read 26327 times)

C0NNULL

• Bay Watcher
  • A bastion of crazy in a small area near Hurricanes
    • View Profile
Re: Another Project - Dwarven EcoCity 2020
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2011, 01:09:28 pm »

Another update - the project continues...  Again, just excerpts from my minimal logs.

1st Hematite, 116: All's well. Just about finished with channeling -05z. Glass ring on -01z needs only forty blocks. (Pop 229. No one died since last. Odd. Really, accidents have happened and it seems every deed dorf = two wee dorfs, so we are growing, in a sad way.)

Of the original seven, there are three. *shrugs* Lucky.

21st Malachite: The outer glass wall is complete. Circle to -06z begun. Overly complicated set of floodgates and levers set up in cistern to correct for drunken errors and not pre-knowing that we'd later use this area as a cistern when we first channeled it all willy-nilly.

19th Sand, 116: One has to love our mayor and baron. They want us to make anvils and maces. If this were a story, I'd call that foreshadowing, but it aren't a story, so we move on.

--------
We became a Duchy. I figured we would, so it was only a bit before Our Not to be Magmafied Yet got his slightly better and bigger rooms.

WOW! I mean this in the dumbfounded look on my face way. (I believe it is *facepalm* neh?) So I mentioned the reservoir earlier, and have it now sectioned off. Didja know that if one of those sections has two dump points and two 2x3 water source points, it won't work? Yes, you know that. Didn't stop it from going on for a few years, though. I can see it now. "Urist, grab water from here." "Aye, sir!" "Now move a step to the left and dump it." "Sure, boss."

Right, Rakust Kulinuzol is now mayor. I'm getting bored o' this - so bored that I didn't mention the last two mayors. I guess we just roll a shitload of dice once a season and whomever's number comes up gets to be mayor. *shrug* It's the random 'only noticing when I happen to press 'n' and see my mayor in red' kind-of-a-thing.' (Or a planter ends a mandate, that'll notice ya.)

What else - Ah yes, the fortress. Well, its a hole. Now its a hole 08z deep. Everyone has drinks, a bedroom, and so on. I can buy about 150 cords of wood from the elves, I can burn 150 cords of wood quickly enough with just two wood furnaces. Magma is still there. We are a happy bunch of idiots-making-a-large-thing-for-no-reason-except-that-it-might-amuse-forumites.

6th Galena, 117: 237 Souls. Issues with farms - seems I need to draft more farmers/gatherers. Plenty of drink, plenty of plants above ground. Secondary issue for now.

4th Sandstone, 117: Only 46 Diorite left. Removal of 8715 Granite begun. We are aware that we will be digging out more of it. Sisypaen comes to mind.

Mayor #? has asked for clear glass items. This one might get to survive. Okay, he likes cougar leather, but I built a stockpile for such things, so that is an easy enough task since we have cougars sometimes.

[Much time elapses - construction is standard. No accidents due to digging. Everything becomes close to equilibrium.]

8th Timber, 121: The construction cone is finished. 257 Dwarfs. We are "down" to 10,463 granite left. For a short time, we were ahead, but that is due to digging a bunch of phyllite out (5735 now) where granite could have been.

This photo is the best I can manage so far: (Remember that this is the smaller cone, you can see a bit of the 2z glass wall that is the outer perimeter at the bottom of the shot.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And one from Overseer, where the glass is grey but you can see where we are at - not far: Never mind, as this png from Overseer is not a true image and therefore cannot be uploaded. (I'll figure that out later, I guess.)

There isn't much to see in this map, but here it is.

Map

We are dumping 'some' stones and digging out a few more rooms, now that we have 258 souls. We had 234 rooms and this was expected.

[Things I learned lately: You can dump all of your granite from the stocks screen instead of designating a stockpile then dumping. I am assuming that new granite I dig up is not auto-dumped, for why should it be?
 When building a floor/wall - you can shift+enter to select  ALL 100 stones at once. (Yep, it's written there and everything. That could have helped on the Itza.)
 I noticed that I maybe shouldn't turn off highest precision on the bookkeeper, as she got a little sloppy in her numbers somewhere near year 117.]

Next will be the central glass silo. I'll post by tonight to make up for the long slog it has been since I have posted while digging a cone like this. But it feels good to start to build again.
The cat, Anom, approves of Scamps' methods. She admires fine scars on her human's body. She purrs in a method most disturbing. She thinks Scamps needs to train the human better. She rolls on the floor in a luxurious pile of catnip. She attacks her human lightly.
Rimamused  -  Dorfen Itza

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2011, 02:42:20 pm »

That is... amazing. Seriously, that giant pit could probably house the entire mountain home and then some.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2011, 04:37:25 pm »

Following.

C0NNULL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2011, 08:25:54 am »

Sorry about the lateness.

There is much cleaning up to be done. Many things dumped, a floor built in the cistern to avoid tree growth, (should have done that from the start,) stairs and floors.

Yes, much to be done. Fret not, though, as certain dorfs can do nothing but build, build, build. (Or mine, cook, brew, farm, plant, dig.)

This isn't too bad. (I've always liked the song.) Came up while digging. Random happens.

Always love the way dorfs give birth. It is especially fun when the infant isn't accessible. [You may pause here, I did.]

I under-estimated how long this dumping would take. By a lot, it seems. (I was disingenuous when I said we are dumping 'some' stones. I was so far greater than 'some' stones it is laughable.) Anywhat - things are going well (in that I am above 35FPS so all this dumping is worth it.) Needed to set up more bar stockpiles, so much hauling there as well. NO ONE is idle.

[Normally don't do this, but I watched a whole episode of M*A*S*H, the last one, with the game running in the back. Nothing to report. I cannot stress enough the amount of hauling being done.]

Bembul the Engraver builded a floodgate, and there was nothing I could to - well, I could deconstruct a few floors and put up a false-wall - so he's thirsty and hoping that Urist McLinker does so quickly. And Armok sez he canz make it. (Nice, as I really think that doing this all to remove a tree would piss me off if there were a body as well.) [He built a floodgate from the north, into the cistern. I floored the whole thing, so ploping a false-wall there isn't possible. Still, the lever was built and pulled.]

More dumping, need to dig out 3rd cistern if I want to floor things and cut a tree. Armok damned this place, I swear. Still, there's a big hole to dig...

No pictures yet. Still, it's a bit of text. People love text, I think.

And i swear that the silo is getting built in all of this. There will be pix. I am leery of stating when, so I ain't gonna state when. (Really, tonight. There's no way I screw up that estimate.)

Just so you know, we are down more than 15K stones. Yep, 15,000. And we will dump more. (I mentioned that there was a lot of dumping, yes?) That places us at about 44K stones left. Do not ask the question, thanks in advance.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 06:11:41 pm by C0NNULL »
The cat, Anom, approves of Scamps' methods. She admires fine scars on her human's body. She purrs in a method most disturbing. She thinks Scamps needs to train the human better. She rolls on the floor in a luxurious pile of catnip. She attacks her human lightly.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2011, 02:20:20 pm »

Wow... if it just had a bit of raised ground on one side, it'd resemble a meteor crater. It's really shaping up! Posting to follow. :)
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

C0NNULL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2011, 08:59:30 pm »

Thing one: I don't know how I turned the above text brown. I could find out why, but I figure my promise of trying to never do that again will work?

Thing two: A lot of glass has gone up. I feel bad in not posting a picture but it is just a lot of clear glass scaffolding, some walls of clear glass, stairways, you get the idea. The picture is hard to decipher my friends, or I would put one up. Mayhaps I broke my promise to give a picture, but I swear that you couldn't see much in any pic I made, and I did try.

Thing three: There is no thing three.

Thing four: The moment I can generate a nice picture for you, you will have one.

Thing five: Well, just keep watching. In the year 2525, if someone's still alive, this'll be finished. (Look it up if you need to.)

Yep, we are doing well. It is so deep and there is so much scaffolding that you really cannot see any thing in pictures yet. I did indeed try. Maybe if I used limestone or something for scaffolding... I do not apologize, I thank you for you patience.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2011, 09:12:26 pm »

Thing one: I don't know how I turned the above text brown. I could find out why, but I figure my promise of trying to never do that again will work?

You used [url] instead of [/url]. All the text is a giant link.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2011, 10:36:00 pm »

Thing two: A lot of glass has gone up. I feel bad in not posting a picture but it is just a lot of clear glass scaffolding, some walls of clear glass, stairways, you get the idea. The picture is hard to decipher my friends, or I would put one up. Mayhaps I broke my promise to give a picture, but I swear that you couldn't see much in any pic I made, and I did try.

Ah well, any picture would be great. It's really interesting, I feel, to see a megaproject in various stages of construction, as well as the finished project. If I might recommend something, try reducing the size of the rendered age in Stonesense, and then position it so that you can see a cross-section of the construction area. Additionally, a cross section would probably give a better idea of the depth of your project.

In any case, it looks like the end product will be spectacular.
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2011, 01:28:13 am »

I wholeheartedly (and whole-liver-dly) approve of this endeavor.
Soaplent green is goblins!

C0NNULL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2011, 06:36:00 am »

Fixed that link, thanks.

Nov15, 0515h - So, a brewer went insane, I have not yet sipped coffee and aloud I stated to not even the cat, "Yes, well that's an admirable trait." That, my friends, may very well be the moment we noticed something odd about our humble narrator.

9th Galena, 127

Missing from this picture: Scaffolding up to 05z in stages.

We're down to 37,955 stones total. I hover between 19-39 FPS, sometimes more. Worst is when it rains and I am dumping ~240 stones with 8+ deconstructions and 8+ constructions going on. With 266 dwarves now.

Most anxious to finish this central silo, or whatever It'll become someday. Should be today, as there are only eleven levels left of 43 levels plus the three level cap. Currently, we are on a short break to see to the stocks, hospital, jail, glass production, and everything else I neglected by half during all of this. We've laid about 2,960 glass blocks so far.

The current plan for the dome is to build up the first two or three levels with ramps and floors. While doing so, we will be building struts to 09z on the four corners, then cry from there. (We'll likely be using secondary ramps (x8) @ 7 urists from the centerlines. Not sure yet, but you will see when that comes about.) There will be many more construction photos of that compared to this phase, being above ground and all. *smile* Like the Itza, I'll be doing the dome in halves, I think...

On a side note, we have peafowl. They are cute. Keeps my 4x squads of four happy along with cougars and vicious knids, err fire imps. That'll happen with two open pits usable for dumping, of course.

Back to construction.

Endiqua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2011, 08:48:39 am »

We are a happy bunch of idiots-making-a-large-thing-for-no-reason-except-that-it-might-amuse-forumites.

This one's highly amused, at any rate.  Not so much by the project, but the writing's great.   I never know what dialect or semi-obscure reference you're going to toss in next.  (From a Middle English round to Zager and Evans...)  I'd quote some of my favorites but then my post would be as long as....well...yours.   :D
DF sets out a challenge to us with no explanation and no assistance, and each time we fail it becomes more merciless, but we continue in the hopes that we can show it, "See?  I'm doing good, right?  I kept the little men alive!  You're proud of me, right?"

C0NNULL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2011, 07:49:46 am »

Endiqua: I thank you. I've always been questioned at my writing style and accent. I don't have just one, I guess. Or they blend well enough that picking one out of many would be difficult. Or they all had an orgy and became what it is. Whatever, I can't be bothered.

Also, this project will be long enough of a slog that I doubt anyone would mind suggestions, random quotes, or other livelihood. (Perhaps they would, but I guess I am saying that I would not and that I imagine the OP has a tiny bit of say.) I mean; there's magma, a pink tiny equestrian, an over-large project, schematics, it goes on. Nothing you could add can really pull Urist McInterested from the over-large thing looming in the title, I'd guess

===

Thinking of a ring of bauxite a tile wide around the structure on the ground (57.5r). Maybe two other MS stones for a three-ring circus. Mostly to stop trees and shrubs from growing. It could happen.

~19th Galena, 128
That's nice; After XX years our beloved mayor, Rakust Kulinuzol, has gone back to a planter's job. Limul Duralcerol, the battery, has become mayor!  (Duralcerol. C'mon.)

Hmm. Sometime before 12th Felsite, 129, we lost our duke. Damn shame, really. I had nothing to do with it so don't look at me that way. Why would I kill someone who only ever asked for tables and maces and bucklers (and liked electrum like the ex-mayor did)? I only noticed it now, and many records are lost, so I guess I can save/copy/look in legends? Later. I can't recall if there were any kids...

16th Sandstone, 129: First iron block for the cap of this tower done. Minor scaffolding below on all four quads. Happy times. 269 souls. (We have sporagra. Any spore lasting more than four hours becomes a peasant - consulting a doctor is recommended.)

[Bought some Legos. Bloke asked me who they were for and I replied "Me". Then he asked who they were really for and I replied, "Really me". I do not think he accepted that  *shrug* (I'm 37 and look it so the question is fair.)]

7th Opal, 129: Designating the second layer of iron blocks. (No details. You know how to build a circle or you don't, and I am not in a sharing mood. See Legos above - J'taim.)

26st Sandstone, 130: A few tantrums. Probably wrong that I do not care. Do not know who went nuts. No military dispatched. Mayor wants something from rose gold. We can make that. Mayor lives.  (Really, this is not the project where you quibble over who may be happy. If we had no rose gold, mayor would be bar-be-que. No time for whiners.)

0445h, 22 November 2011 - Odd noise from computer Nene last night [this one], but I had guests. This morning, she felt the need to be more, umm, impressive in her noise-making. So I shut her off and went to the other room/other computer while waiting for the store to open. I thought it was the video card, so I grabbed a new one. I was wrong, it was the CPU cooler. [The location is similar by ear. But the GPU fan WAS off-kilter so I can forgive myself.] So I went back to the store and bought one and kept the video card. (If you are me, you would as well.) 

Didja know the Corsair H60 is so slightly different from the H50 that the screws I used on the custom housing I made no longer work? You do now, and so do I. If you are my neighbor, I apologize for the words I chose to use during that lengthy argument with a computer. I really didn't want to leave the house a third time and I did not. (Floridan/Texan - We can make parts out of cursing. Or we can make whatever it is what's broken less broken by explaining to it that it'd be better off cooperating. Yer choice. The design uses eight screws but six will work for now.)

1450h, 22 November 2011 - Computer is humming like a G6. (Someone will ask, an EVGA GTS450 was the video card. It is sufficient, I play no other games but DF.)

Thanksgiving and all o' that - Stuff[ing].

13th Galena, 134 - Cog Astokadol named a copper shield Nulraltesum, "The Stable Controllor". It's just a copper shield. No quality markers or anything.  Later, in ??, he named an iron axe Rashavuz Udistdogik, "The Pleated Wad". Is it pleated or is it a wad? I'm guessing a wad could have been a pleated thing before it was wadded.

Not much is going on as you can tell by a large jump in my notes. We are down to 24,082 stones. Only 1,647 granite left. We are also down to 876 magnetite - which is depressing until one counts the 2,292 iron bars my smelters have made. We have steel, 134 bars left, if we need it. (3,300 limestone, we have.)

Just thought I'd share a few pictures and let y'all know I am still at it.

And a current map.

So you can see it is still large.

C0NNULL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2011, 07:38:25 am »

1st Granite, 136 (0700h, 30NOV2011) - I had always meant to turn on invaders. I sort of came up with the idea that until I hit about 5M dorfbucks/had enough glass built the gobbos would figure us just idiots digging a really big hole of no worth. Ssskract can barely see Beeluz across the thing, so they would report home that there is nothing here and that we were well on our way to making more nothing. (If a tile is considered 10m³ this thing is 1,130m across, (0.7mi).)

So, knowing I was going to do this, I have only staked out the corners where we will be building a wall to help funnel the fun where we need it. [This WILL get done*, so everyone dieing is not an option.] I figure four bridges at random places will work. Just walls and bridges. Maybe some random traps, but not where we all know they would work 100%, more like random in the wilderness. None of this is built, mind you, (save the corners,) so this will be done as it should be - under siege.

Over the years, the twelve in my military have gotten quite good from the fire imps and peafowl. (No other methods but sparring used.) So we split them from four to eight squads and drafted peasants to make a full 24 in the military. This was done two seasons ago, just before I turn on invaders. Was a coincidence, really - just had 33 peasants sitting around that needed stuff to do and these brave eight spontanumously decided that the military was just their thing.

*Armok willing. All hail the Blood God. Sieges make blood, so we should be good, he writes foolishly.

---------

12 Granite, 136 - Ak 'Suckerfern' Engosenre Gopetsethbap the Spurting Vomit killed by Reg Kelroder a legendary engraver, (he is one of four that have natural marksdwarf ability, but has never been in the military). A great quadruped composed of red sand. Four short horns, moves deliberately, beware its deadly webs. Sand. Left behind two piles of named red sand. Sand.

3 Sandstone  - Out of magnetite. Yay. 3,165 iron.

24 Hematite - Little has happened. This year has brought us goblin thiefs so far, so that is a plus. One of four got away.

We are basically done with the moat and walls, so work on the dome has somewhat started back up. You'll see it eventually, but it doesn't warrant a picture now. Basically there are four gates with an armor stand/squad near each. The lever room is just by the entrance, a new room dug just for it.

17 Obsidian - Our first ambush of three hammerlins, followed by another ambush of four with two markslins.

17 Granite 138 - A minotaur, Spoku Lungousek has come...  And it @!#?@! fell into a trap. So - it is being moved to a room we have as a burrow for recruits. I plop a cage in, link/pull lever, and a few give it a go. So far, this has only been used with gobbo thiefs.

16 Hematite - One Olin Oltarothsin was named Mingtuthlun Ducim (Olin Gildbowed the Contingent Clouds of Work) today, after killing two thiefs. Mebzuth Isaklorbam killed two and that minotaur, her only notable kills. I look forward to her naming soon.

- Hint: On a four level cistern (12x17) with three hatches, don't open all three hatches to let the water hit the lowest level - it spreads out on the other levels just well enough to evaporate. If anyone would have been inside, ahh the mist that was there. But no one was inside, so I got an unhappy thought. -

- So I awoke to find the plecostomas (a fish) I inherited, Garbh, was under the couch. He can thank his lucky stars that a.) he is a catfish and my relative (*giggle* oxygen breathing fish) and b.) the cat prefers chicken. (Upon awaking, I found out that Anom (the cat) was fully aware of the fish hiding under the couch. She kinda said so, mostly by the look she gave this room which we generally occupy all the time. Something about a dinosaur and ten-foot poles. Knowing the cat as I do, she likely thought it was a toy - except this one is 11" long and pissed and fought back. Doesn't even have a mouth for biting, but I swear he tried to eat me, man he was pissed It is possible he wanted to evolve. He's fine and back in the 20 gal aquarium. There's a new 55 gallon tank being conditioned now, so maybe he wanted to go to his new home prematurely. Who knows? I can't talk to my fish-brain too well.) [I named him Garbh, my brother wasn't aware he was a he and surely didn't name him.] -

16 Obsidian - An ambush of five. Barely made it past the gates, what with The Sockets of Metal hanging out there. Two dwarfs, five gobbos - Took a whole 12 seconds at 30 FPS. Of course, a second group came along and was deleted in a similar manner. I pastured a caged cougar, oops, and the poor bloke, Zulban Zuglarkoman, assigned to the task suffered for my mistake.

The big problem with squads of three is that, while the other two train well enough, the leader has so much more speed as to get to the fray long before his/her students can come close. And so far, the enemies we've trapped are dead in moments. We have not un-armed any of our guests, and yet no one really gets a proper training. *frumps*

18 Galena 139 - Four snatchers. Look, we've got a lot of kids and all, and taking one might go un-noticed. But if you send four idiots on the same day I'll probably notice. Congratulations! You've all become training dummys. I hope you look forward to your lot in life with the same glee that I have. (Worry not, even our novices will make you lives short and to the point. That is a promise chiseled in stone.)

19 Galena - Two ambushes of four. One right after the other, maybe six hours apart. Sometime while group one was destroyed and group two was about to eat steel, a human caravan arrived - fortunately in the north since all this fun is going on in the south. And there are no more goblins.

20 Galena - Four more idiots.  And five more idiots. I get it, really. You don't like us. Or, the way you've been slaughtered, this is your form of population control. Nevertheless, you guys are down another nine. Send more. It isn't stopping the dome or the traders we buy wood from.

21 Limestone - The Minotaur Ozo Ongasspoku Gangoxnutxox, the Lone Scratches (Is it a taur or an ox?) has been handily dispatched by our Kib Imeshingish Limarkemsor. Didn't take long.  That makes his eighth named kill, and since three kills were idiot dwarfs, this makes a real five kills, justifying the name. (Okay, his first attack tore apart the heart, an artery and a major artery, and the second spilled out her mino's guts. There was no third attack. That is namely by itself.) Drinks are lfted in his name and person.

17 Timber 139 - We are besieged. A happy day...Cog Rurfeb bestowed the name Zegzat Medshar to his iron spear...No dwarfs died, ten gobbos went poof. the 19th of Timber saw the end to the siege. (It really isn't exciting. Cog only has four kills, and we so hoped he'd get five.)

16 Slate, 140 - The Hill Titan Yemeni Sethereamayi, (The Cyclopean Pearl,) a gigantic three-eyed tarantula has blessed us with its presence. Its got a twisting, jointed trunk and moves deliberately and has a warty maroon exoskeleton. Oh, and its got a poisonous bite. Cog Astodkadol got the kill, aided by Cog Rufreb. (Eleven and four named kills, respectively.)

Edem Lolokuling has named his iron spear Ertal Amluth. Good for him. Because he is a well-skilled dwarf in the military, we will take the name "The Luxuries of Vegetating" as a joke - if he thinks he can slide along with just the one kill, he is mistaken. Next gobbo fest that appears, he gets front row.

~21 Galena - A human caravan, four snatchers and three ambushes. Correction, 22 Galena brings another ambush of five and another thief. Anyway, they are all dead or in a cage. We took two squads out, but 3/4 of them spawned on top of the humans and there isn't a one of them left to talk to or trade with. Damn.

21 Obsidian 141 - Blah, blah, blah, yakity, schmakity - let's all have a nice cool glass of OJ. (3 snatchers, 2 ambushes of 5.)

28 Obsidian 141, 23:59:59 - Blasted fucks. 3 blocks left to build and one floor to remove for a fourth block and we'd have done the next entry on the new year, but NO! we've got to slack off a bit and just not care enough to please our humble narrator.

Seventh of Granite, year 142 - Yes, we are half-done with the dome. One stupid child was assigned to clear the last floor, took him three days, and one lazy ass mason decided to sit on the job another three days. [Game froze and I got to do this part twice.] But that isn't important. 8,468 clear glass blocks so far - we run a tight ship so we actually had to make that last block on new year's eve...

---
Pics or it didn't happen/isn't built;

I look forward to sharing more and finishing this. I also look forward to my frontal lobotomy. I am praying the latter comes first.

C0NNULL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2011, 07:56:09 am »

If you just want some pics, I apologize. None are coming in this post. But I appreciate your patience, and here are some notes. They are not exciting, but they are notes.

Now that you have some idea of what all is going on;

It's pretty fun. We are near 300 fools, we are generally keeping about 200 glass blocks in stock - which we use faster than you could type this - and small semi-sentient things wander by. This sommer, we think to take a break, mostly because we can.

9z is almost done, (~40 blocks left,) 8z is almost-ish done, (80% finished as a guess,) and there are all four ribs and much random done. It doesn't 'quite' resemble the second Death Star, but it is pretty shabby looking in its current form.

There - I posted. I are proud. (Seriously, I forgot to post. I am not good at it.)

Endiqua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2011, 08:27:45 am »

your humble narrator is still under the impression that someone cares about this project. *smiles*

Yay!  An update to one of my favorite threads for Dwarfmas!  (Actually two - I somehow missed the December 11 update in which a fish decided either to commit suicide or walk the earth in search of enlightenment.)
DF sets out a challenge to us with no explanation and no assistance, and each time we fail it becomes more merciless, but we continue in the hopes that we can show it, "See?  I'm doing good, right?  I kept the little men alive!  You're proud of me, right?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5