Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: The Goblin's Friend (Collaborative Writing Group)  (Read 5891 times)

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
Re: The Goblin's Friend (Collaborative Writing Group)
« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2011, 11:48:25 am »

We're waiting for it to go up on EqD before we pull out phase three. Not dead, just dormant.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2011, 12:04:05 pm »

AFAIK there are multiple parts of the sequel that haven't been written. I was more worried about the fact that some people seem to be losing interest/time to work on it, and was thinking that we should probably start thinking about it now, rather than at some point down the road. In other words, who is still going to be participating, who is doing what, and who can take over which parts if people decide to leave.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2011, 02:20:52 pm »

I honestly don't think I'll participate in the sequel. I was in it for a grimdark Halloween prank, not an epic tale :p If you need some stuff done here and there, though, I might be willing to help.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 16, 2011, 02:47:37 pm »

We might need some insights into psychology, as well as witty writing. If your little foray into WH40K crossovering is any indication, we can very well use your services, if only as a skilled writer that could offer meaningful advice on whatever we come up with. Shame to lose you as part of the writing team though. If you ever reconsider, we'll still be here. ;)

Also, I got word from Impending. He's in a bit of a predicament with a certain piece of prose-maker's masonry (i.e. a writer's block), but as far as I can tell, he'll join us for the sequel once he's overcome it. I'll forward the PM with his text and plot notes to everyone else now.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 16, 2011, 02:50:31 pm »

Well, it is going to be in a similar format, so it'll only be maybe 1500-2000 words from each person for the each part, except for people who take on multiple bits to cover for those who decide to leave. So not very much effort at all, beyond proofreading for each other and making edits based on criticism. I'd say maybe 2 hours at most to write the initial draft, and depending on how good it is, anywhere from a few minutes to an hour or two fixing problems. And however long it takes you to read and critique someone elses' work, if you feel like adding your own opinions on that front. A very minor commitment, as long as you're comfortable with your own writing style. I know I would prefer to keep as many people on board as possible, but if you're really out, that's fine as well.

We might need some insights into psychology, as well as witty writing. If your little foray into WH40K crossovering is any indication, we can very well use your services, if only as a skilled writer that could offer meaningful advice on whatever we come up with. Shame to lose you as part of the writing team though. If you ever reconsider, we'll still be here. ;)

Also, I got word from Impending. He's in a bit of a predicament with a certain piece of prose-maker's masonry (i.e. a writer's block), but as far as I can tell, he'll join us for the sequel once he's overcome it. I'll forward the PM with his text and plot notes to everyone else now.

Thanks for that.  :)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]