Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Happy Fun Stuff, the next update.  (Read 13794 times)

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Fun Stuff, the next update.
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2011, 09:06:03 pm »

You guys are way too protected by these walls, this has to stop.

I'm fine with that, let them destroy walls, I don't give a shit about walls, I can replace those. What I can't do, on the other hand, is refill tunnels made by dig-happy enemies without an excessive amount of effort.

It's not that I want to avoid building a strong military/new stratagies either. At the moment, my dwarven militia is my primary defense. The problem is I don't want to have the surrounding areas of my fortress looking like a fucking anthill.

Let them warp through walls, let them tear them down, let them disable all traps, be invincible to everything but artifact weapons, let them brainwash my dwarves into destroying the fort from the inside, let a goddamn wizard magically teleport the entire siege into my dining hall. There's hundreds of ways to make enemies more of a challenge.

But don't. Fucking. Mess. With my. Layout.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2011, 09:22:28 pm »

I, for one, welcome our burrowing overlords.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2011, 09:36:24 pm »

You guys are way too protected by these walls, this has to stop.

I'm fine with that, let them destroy walls, I don't give a shit about walls, I can replace those. What I can't do, on the other hand, is refill tunnels made by dig-happy enemies without an excessive amount of effort.

It's not that I want to avoid building a strong military/new stratagies either. At the moment, my dwarven militia is my primary defense. The problem is I don't want to have the surrounding areas of my fortress looking like a fucking anthill.

Let them warp through walls, let them tear them down, let them disable all traps, be invincible to everything but artifact weapons, let them brainwash my dwarves into destroying the fort from the inside, let a goddamn wizard magically teleport the entire siege into my dining hall. There's hundreds of ways to make enemies more of a challenge.

But don't. Fucking. Mess. With my. Layout.
Sigging.

Muttonhawk

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord-High everything else
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2011, 07:07:22 am »

It might make it more balanced to be a detectable random announced event like a megabeast or something.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Have another burrowing gribbly.

I wonder what the forgotten beast description would be?

Deathkill the tooth of mushrooms has come! A great burrowing tyranid made from chitin. Beware its burrowing abilities!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 07:10:13 am by Muttonhawk »
How sad, imagine what they would've come up with... Booze proppelled rocket bayonets
Quote from: Dylan Moran
You know what you are? You're a beard with an idiot hanging off it.

Virodhi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2011, 08:07:28 am »

It might make it more balanced to be a detectable random announced event like a megabeast or something.

Deathkill the tooth of mushrooms has come! A great burrowing tyranid made from chitin. Beware its burrowing abilities!

Well, hey. At least now we know what happened to the Squats, aye? "Sucked into a daemon world and killed by the caprices of Chaos entities called Overseers" has a certain ring to it.
Messing around with magma for the first time.  Still haven't produced a !!dorf!!, but I've discovered the wonders of not having to worry about fuel, i.e. SMELT EVERYTHING IN SIGHT.  HEY URIST, BRING ME THAT KITTEN, LET'S SEE IF WE CAN SMELT THAT TOO.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2011, 09:30:41 am »

Well, hey. At least now we know what happened to the Squats, aye? "Sucked into a daemon world and killed by the caprices of Chaos entities called Overseers" has a certain ring to it.

You win one internets.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2011, 05:26:40 pm »

Thanks, man. Now you have me craving a 40k conversion. Vampires? Pff...amateurs. We've got genestealers in this here fort!
Valikdu is making a tyranid pony add on for the My Little Fortress mod.

A genestealer cult growing down in the caverns, combined with the "Urist McButtfuck is missing" in the new update could add some rather scary atmosphere to the game...

THE NEW FACE OF
HORROR GAMING

I approve.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]