Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Zombie Survival (and QWOP!)  (Read 25429 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Zombie Survival (and QWOP!)
« on: November 02, 2011, 03:27:47 pm »

Decided to make this, since the discussion was taking over the rage thread.

Discuss
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 08:41:03 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Survival
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 03:28:35 pm »

Lock yourself in a room with food and water.
Wait for zombies to all rot away.
???
Profit.
Die lonely and forgotten.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 03:30:46 pm »

Surviving zombies is easy enough. Destroy the handful of people originally infected and the disease can't spread. Unless the zombies start out in the hundreds or thousands and widely spread, it would be a cakewalk to eliminate them before you even had to satart worrying about 'survival'.
Nothing important here, move along.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 03:32:18 pm »

Go to a small convience store with a truck
Raid the shit outta it
head back home
Make a wall around your house, about 8 feet high.
make a garden in the back yard
???
peofit and survive like a boss
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 03:32:28 pm »

Get chainmail, axe and a nice safehouse and you've beaten the zombies. Good luck rebuilding!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 03:32:38 pm »

Zombie Hunter at your service!

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 03:33:23 pm »

Just  drop bircks on their heads from a 3rd story window.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 03:34:11 pm »

Surviving zombies is easy enough. Destroy the handful of people originally infected and the disease can't spread. Unless the zombies start out in the hundreds or thousands and widely spread, it would be a cakewalk to eliminate them before you even had to satart worrying about 'survival'.

Depends on the type of zombies.

Romero-style slow zombies probably wouldn't get very far, unless you have a situation where everything recently dead rises up at roughly the same time.

28 Days Later-style raging out zombies would spread quite a bit, I imagine, before word of the problem could spread or major institutions could be mobilized against them.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 03:37:51 pm »

Just  drop bircks on their heads from a 3rd story window.
Goodluck as they will never stop coming, and will eventually break in.
Get chainmail, axe and a nice safehouse and you've beaten the zombies. Good luck rebuilding!
They'll rip that up. 100+ zombies will grab you, and eventually crush you to death.
Go to a small convience store with a truck
Raid the shit outta it
head back home
Make a wall around your house, about 8 feet high.
make a garden in the back yard
???
peofit and survive like a boss
Meat ramp. Have fun.
If you start killing people before the outbreak is large, you'll be arrested for murder. Dontcha luv it?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 03:38:58 pm »

Well, you could steal a battleship and fire the shells at the zombies. Gibs everywhere!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 03:41:00 pm »

I think that the whole point of the zombie genre is that they're easy to survive against (yet somehow they manage to eat everyone else), thus giving you free rein to do whatever you want in a world filled with humanoids who are acceptable targets for shooting (and also move slowly).

BTW: Salmongod, have you played Cataclysm? (check the other games forum if you havent)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 03:41:27 pm »

In a Romero event, all people who die with their brain intact become zombies. This presents an advanced persistent threat of outbreak that the modern plague style zombie threat does not present.

For a slightly different take on this kind of thing, you can check out the Monster series (Monster Island, Monster Nation and Monster Planet). Where all dead rise, but if you can avoid the brain damage from hypoxia during death you rise as an intelligent undead with all your human memories but an insatiable hunger for the flesh and life force of the living.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 03:43:17 pm »

In all honesty, I'd probably drive out into North Carolina's more rural regions for a few months and wait for the initial burst to calm down. After that, my group and I would loop back around to Fort Bragg and salvage as much as possible: guns, ammo, artillery, tanks or aircraft if any are left, and enough cargo trucks to carry all of it and more. Then we'd head back to Raleigh and clear out the city block by block, walling off areas when we stopped until the city belongs to us again. Then we'd establish the Free City of Raleigh and I would try to win the first election. That would eventually be expanded to the Republic of Carolina as our manpower and cleared areas expanded, and eventually we might re-establish the United States with any other states that have sprung up in the time it took for the infection to subside. And then, conquer everything that is still infected by destroying the zombies there and annexing it under the authority of the New Union. Of course, that all assumes that the world manages to fully collapse under the zombie menace, which I doubt.
I think that the whole point of the zombie genre is that they're easy to survive against (yet somehow they manage to eat everyone else), thus giving you free rein to do whatever you want in a world filled with humanoids who are acceptable targets for shooting (and also move slowly).
Oh yeah, the zombie genre is a complete power fantasy. You get to spend your whole life shooting zombies and doing whatever you want, dangerous, but certainly not boring.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 03:59:44 pm »

At least nowadays, I guess. Coincidently, most modern zombie movies suck.

Except 28 Days Later.
Love, scriver~

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2011, 04:19:35 pm »

Zombies freeze right? Well I would just get my family together, load up our guns, ammo, and MREs and keep heading north until its too cold for the undead. Alternatively, we could just take over Mackinac Island, I bet it would make a good stronghold.
My personality profile.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16