Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: Zombie Survival (and QWOP!)  (Read 25661 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Survival (and QWOP!)
« Reply #225 on: November 13, 2011, 03:51:40 pm »

Last person texted?  According to my phone's log, it was a colleague of mine at work, 11/4/2011 (that's seven months ago, not nine days ago, BTW), but I'm fairly sure I texted my Dad sometime last month...  The guy at work has brains although isn't fighting fit[1], but I'd take him over quite a lot of people as a companion at The End OF Days.  Dad's not in his prime (either), but I can't see a problem, on the whole.

Last (game) weapon used.  First-person-wise, stone pickaxe most recent, but if that doesn't count there's the iron sword.  If the pickaxe counts, a bare fist might actually be the most recent.  Last weapon to be caused to be used, in a third-party sense, was either a crossbow or a spear (can't remember which unit dealt with that pesky herd of zombie elk).  Or, if unarmed combat is allowed to take precedence, I had a Sim of mine play Punch You Punch Me with the Social Bunny, yesterday.

So, it looks like I'm with bright but not (all-round) physical companions, and may well have to resort to that knife that was mentioned, unless I want to play it hard-core.

Oh, wait...  Perhaps I'm entitled to use a power-fist (or something else actually ranged, if not orbital, from that particular genre), if not limiting to computer games.  It might even be a warhound... Can't remember which weapon I fired last from that, but most of them would normally deal with RL zombie menaces, and if I'm allowed to stomp around as well I'm laughing.  Me and whoever it is I've got along for the ride.

[1] So... maybe a useful decoy? ;)

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 13, 2011, 03:52:43 pm »

Lightning magic, or a steel mace, and my brother.

...I guess he can play guitar, at least.

My wife, and an elven longsword.

Yeah, we're in trouble. Remind me to try this again after playing as the Pyro in TF2.  Infinite flamethrower FTW.

I didn't know we could choose those kind of things!

In this case, I'll take Pope Ratzinger and a few dozens of turn undead scrolls.
We aren't choosing anything. It's the last weapon we used in a video game and the last person we texted.

Aaaaaaaand I just realized the last weapon I used in a game was a man-sized sword forged for the superhuman general of the army of a god of holiness and light. It'd probably be pretty useful if I could lift the dame thing.
くコ:彡

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #227 on: November 13, 2011, 03:54:31 pm »

The last weapon we used in a game?

Well, dwarves in dwarf fortress:P

UNLIMITED DWARVES YOU SAY??!!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #228 on: November 13, 2011, 04:12:31 pm »

Unreal series Redeemer anyone? MWUAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Zombies stand no chance against a pilotable mini-nuke with ridiculous range and high maneuverabilty. Especially an entire horde of them glassing the areas they walk with extreme precision (or extreme prejudice if I fire off a ton of them at the same time).

So glad I got back into Unreal Tournament again.

As for last person, that would have to be one of my siblings. We have talked about Zombie Apocalypses before, and how to handle them. I will rule over the land, and I shall call it... "This Land".

EDIT:
Hilariously relevant -- The Nyandeemer
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 04:28:21 pm by Itnetlolor »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 13, 2011, 04:15:39 pm »

That's it, I'm punching my way to Dave1004's house. At least I can help with ground support.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 13, 2011, 04:22:21 pm »

Frontier Justice or Mini Sentry if it counts as me using it (wasn't wrangled), and I deleted my text history before I read this :(
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 13, 2011, 04:23:15 pm »

Quick, text me!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 13, 2011, 04:31:37 pm »

Demoman's Granade Launcher...
My Girlfriend...

Yep I am safe...
But truth be told...

I think I would go all "Orks Must Die" trap style with the methodology of Dwarf Fortress Trapped Halls...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 13, 2011, 04:34:05 pm »

Why do you all want to wear shark suits, I mean its just so out of place and impractical.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 13, 2011, 04:43:46 pm »

They obviously want to wear the skin of a great predator to gain it's awesome powers.

That said I would much rather choose a bearskin or a raptorskin for obvious reasons.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 13, 2011, 04:46:45 pm »

Why do you all want to wear shark suits, I mean its just so out of place and impractical.

They all read the Zombie Survival Guide and believed it. What they don't know is that the author is in fact a zombie spreading counterintelligence. As it turns out, you actually kill zombies by destroying the liver.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 13, 2011, 04:50:55 pm »

They all read the Zombie Survival Guide and believed it. What they don't know is that the author is in fact a zombie spreading counterintelligence. As it turns out, you actually kill zombies by destroying the liver.
That explains what pubs are... Suicide Rooms for the Unsure Zombie...

"Are you a Zombie!?!? Don't Know!?!?! Come to the 'Pub on the Corner', and Drink your worries away. If it turns out your a Zombie, congratulations, you already half way to dieing!!!"
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 13, 2011, 05:16:21 pm »

Lightning magic, or a steel mace, and my brother.

...I guess he can play guitar, at least.

My wife, and an elven longsword.

Yeah, we're in trouble. Remind me to try this again after playing as the Pyro in TF2.  Infinite flamethrower FTW.

I didn't know we could choose those kind of things!

In this case, I'll take Pope Ratzinger and a few dozens of turn undead scrolls.
We aren't choosing anything. It's the last weapon we used in a video game and the last person we texted.

Aaaaaaaand I just realized the last weapon I used in a game was a man-sized sword forged for the superhuman general of the army of a god of holiness and light. It'd probably be pretty useful if I could lift the dame thing.

Oh.

I can't even recall the last person I texted.  I dont really use text messages very ,uch
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 13, 2011, 07:02:40 pm »

The last weapon I used in a game was a flintlock musket. And being that I don't have a phone I'm pretty sure I've never texte-
WAIT! Yes I have, my cousin told me to text his girlfriend (as him), and try to freak her out. So overall I'm pretty screwed/
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]