Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: Zombie Survival (and QWOP!)  (Read 25427 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Survival
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2011, 08:25:03 pm »

Don't count on them not being able to. If they're coordinated to do more than just QWOP around, they can probably also swim.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2011, 08:25:25 pm »

Don't count on them not being able to. If they're coordinated to do more than just QWOP around, they can probably also swim.

Zombie pirates? AARRrgh

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2011, 08:26:17 pm »

Pikes. Makes a mean zombie kabob that's ready to be cooked.

Stuff like this assumes sufficient opportunity to prepare, after shit has already hit the fan.  Not just directing this at you, either.  People tend to offer solutions that involve a lot of set-up.

Take and sharpen a long piece of wood. I'd assume this is possible by the time you have barricaded shelters and contact with other survivor groups.

I assume most people would be barricaded in their homes, being the location they would have to compete for the least.  I don't have many long, sturdy pieces of wood in my home, or the proper tools to sharpen them.  You'd also need time to dig holes to prop them up in, as I assume they're for setting up as a barrier for the zombies to impale themselves on. 

If you're going to set up obstacles for zombies to trip up and hurt themselves on, I think a field of tires would do the trick easily enough.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2011, 08:26:59 pm »

Fucking love that QWOP has become a verb.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2011, 08:28:32 pm »

If my house can fend off determined thugs armed with crowbars, it can fend off determined zombies smashing their brains out ;P

Plus, in the UK houses are designed to be able to combat crime as easily as possible, houses overlooking each other, street lights everywhere... Come to think of it, defending London from zombies would be easy :D

Unless the zombies floated down the Thames in a super zombie highway.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2011, 08:31:39 pm »

Fucking love that QWOP has become a verb.
I do believe something on the actual site said something about "Learn to QWOP" for what you need to do.

Also, one does not merely QWOP into Mordor.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2011, 08:55:51 pm »

Fine, you UK guys can have your own map.

But what about us guys in Australia? Run off to the bush?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2011, 08:57:10 pm »

Fine, you UK guys can have your own map.

But what about us guys in Australia? Run off to the bush?
Ugh fine, EVERYONE GETS THEIR OWN MAP.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2011, 08:57:19 pm »

Australian's don't need to worry about a zombie invasion. The wildlife is so deadly that without the higher thought process to avoid it, the zombie invasion would be wiped out very quickly.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2011, 08:58:12 pm »

Australian's don't need to worry about a zombie invasion. The wildlife is so deadly that without the higher thought process to avoid it, the zombie invasion would be wiped out very quickly.

This wouldn't happen in madagascar.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2011, 09:12:27 pm »

Aussies also have cans.

AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT THEY CAN DO WITH CANS.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2011, 09:16:31 pm »

The zombies would never get TO Madagascar - Madagascar would lock everything down long before that could happen.

Anyways, my plan in a zombie survival situation has a slim to none chance of survival overall. But I still think its a good plan. I will assume that if an epidemic has gotten this bad, I am already infected and my time is likely limited anyways. Either because everyone is being raised when they die, or its a water-born virus, or something to that effect. And since the roads would all probably be blocked and the trains wouldn't be running, I'm not getting out anyways.

I DO have enough wood on hand to fortify my house - the windows and all the doors, barring one room. This is step one.

Step two is getting my ham radio working in the basement, and moving most of the food and rainwater I keep for the plants down there. The water is the most dangerous, since this is in the room with the large windows. Painful though it may be, I might have to skip that - the rest of the windows are far enough off the ground I should be fine until they can be barricaded.

I have an upstairs, with an overhang over the outside. I have a lot of rope. Step three involves dressing up in my motorcycle gear, catching a zombie and dragging it up onto the roof, then handcuffing it and binding it up. Obviously the most dangerous part so far.

The zombie is chained in the basement, the entrances to the basement are sealed, and the experiments begin. Regular reports are made to anyone who cares to listen about what I discover. If the opportunity presents itself, I may capture an additional zombie. I will test just how much they can survive, what sets them off, how they adapt to different stimuli, whether they starve, whether they retain any sense of humanity. In essence, I will attempt to find out what, exactly, we are dealing with.

The rest of the plan depends on what I learn, assuming I live through this, which is unlikely. The least I can do is hope that my information get out and gets spread and helps others, really.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2011, 09:23:41 pm »

You know what would be more interesting then trying to survive a zombie outbreak?

Trying to infect all other survivors as a zombie :P

Imagine infecting ezio from assassins creed....

Badass assassin hunter zombie D:

I'd think I'd build a safe house with a large neon glowing sign saying

>PILLS HERE<, and when the door opens it sets off a spring which launches zombie me into the survivor... Om nom nom nom.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2011, 09:30:27 pm »

The zombies would never get TO Madagascar - Madagascar would lock everything down long before that could happen.

Anyways, my plan in a zombie survival situation has a slim to none chance of survival overall. But I still think its a good plan. I will assume that if an epidemic has gotten this bad, I am already infected and my time is likely limited anyways. Either because everyone is being raised when they die, or its a water-born virus, or something to that effect. And since the roads would all probably be blocked and the trains wouldn't be running, I'm not getting out anyways.

I DO have enough wood on hand to fortify my house - the windows and all the doors, barring one room. This is step one.

Step two is getting my ham radio working in the basement, and moving most of the food and rainwater I keep for the plants down there. The water is the most dangerous, since this is in the room with the large windows. Painful though it may be, I might have to skip that - the rest of the windows are far enough off the ground I should be fine until they can be barricaded.

I have an upstairs, with an overhang over the outside. I have a lot of rope. Step three involves dressing up in my motorcycle gear, catching a zombie and dragging it up onto the roof, then handcuffing it and binding it up. Obviously the most dangerous part so far.

The zombie is chained in the basement, the entrances to the basement are sealed, and the experiments begin. Regular reports are made to anyone who cares to listen about what I discover. If the opportunity presents itself, I may capture an additional zombie. I will test just how much they can survive, what sets them off, how they adapt to different stimuli, whether they starve, whether they retain any sense of humanity. In essence, I will attempt to find out what, exactly, we are dealing with.

The rest of the plan depends on what I learn, assuming I live through this, which is unlikely. The least I can do is hope that my information get out and gets spread and helps others, really.
I probably would end up snapping, going insane, and making cupcakes.

Or I would retain my sanity, blowing up half the town, and leaving the entire west coast of the US as a nuclear waste. Either way...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 02, 2011, 09:38:36 pm »

I was going to answer as seriously as I could for a thread about zombie survival, but all I could come up with was Cataclysm jokes.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16