Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: Zombie Survival (and QWOP!)  (Read 26024 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Survival (and QWOP!)
« Reply #180 on: November 06, 2011, 06:02:57 pm »

C) Raid the local military base/air force armory. Attempt to get father to attach vulcan cannon from an A10 to my car. Get smacked upside head.

Yeah... You know the old urban legend about the barely recognisable remains of car that had had JATOL rockets attached to it, ending up half way up a cliff, or something...  Are you planning on doing the same thing, but backwards?  The gun gives more recoil than both the Warthog engines provide forward thrust, albeit for only brief moments of time.  Without the ammo-bin limits imposed by needing to intentionally take off, I suspect you could probably get overenthusiastic about the firing times you employ, and all the time the bins are getting emptier and emptier.  :)

(Actually, isn't the A10 weapon called the Avenger, or something?  And what kind of zombies are you expecting, needing uranium-cored armour-piercing rounds to be fired at them at a rate of 50-70 rounds every second?  I think you've got other problems if you're needing one of them!)

((edit: Just decided to look it up on Wiki.  And on the article for the GAU-8/A Avenger, there's a picture of the gun next to an old-style VW Beetle.  Yeah.  That makes me want to get back to my old model-making practice where I'd Scratch-Build-A-Mad-Max-Vehicle... :) ))
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 06:08:51 pm by Starver »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 06, 2011, 06:07:50 pm »

C) Raid the local military base/air force armory. Attempt to get father to attach vulcan cannon from an A10 to my car. Get smacked upside head.

Yeah... You know the old urban legend about the barely recognisable remains of car that had had JATOL rockets attached to it, ending up half way up a cliff, or something...  Are you planning on doing the same thing, but backwards?  The gun gives more recoil than both the Warthog engines provide forward thrust, albeit for only brief moments of time.  Without the ammo-bin limits imposed by needing to intentionally take off, I suspect you could probably get overenthusiastic about the firing times you employ, and all the time the bins are getting emptier and emptier.  :)

(Actually, isn't the A10 weapon called the Avenger, or something?  And what kind of zombies are you expecting, needing uranium-cored armour-piercing rounds to be fired at them at a rate of 50-70 rounds every second?  I think you've got other problems if you're needing one of them!)

Well obviously he needs it to deal with the giant, titanium coated zombies that are being produced by the U.S. government for the third Gulf War.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 06, 2011, 06:45:24 pm »

((edit: Just decided to look it up on Wiki.  And on the article for the GAU-8/A Avenger, there's a picture of the gun next to an old-style VW Beetle.  Yeah.  That makes me want to get back to my old model-making practice where I'd Scratch-Build-A-Mad-Max-Vehicle... :) ))

It would be glorious. Remember that I drive a car that weighs less than 2500 lbs.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 06, 2011, 07:00:53 pm »

It would be glorious. Remember that I drive a car that weighs less than 2500 lbs.

Well clearly the proper system would involve an Avenger on each end of the vehicle. Park on a narrow bridge, attract zombies, activate, profit. If thousands of corpses are profit. Because in the future, they will be. You'll walk into a convenience store, buy a coffee, and drop a severed leg on the counter. When you get out of a cab, you'll pass the cabbie a torso, and tell him to keep the organs. There will be videos online of would-be music stars fanning out a collection of severed hands. It will be glorious.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 06, 2011, 07:06:45 pm »

Considering zombies, that kind of currency would devalue quickly.
Nothing important here, move along.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #185 on: November 06, 2011, 07:12:06 pm »

Wut about resident evil zombies? Those things are freaking juggernauts.

WHAT ABOUT SILENT HILL ZOMBIES?!!

OH SHIT IT'S PYRAMID HEAD! AND HIS COUSIN CIRCLE FACE! AND HIS DOG TETRAHEDRON WOOF!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #186 on: November 06, 2011, 07:12:20 pm »

What kind of currency would be best for the post-apocalypse? I would imagine trade credit would still be used, based on either necessity or usefulness (food being the highest value).

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #187 on: November 06, 2011, 07:13:34 pm »

What kind of currency would be best for the post-apocalypse? I would imagine trade credit would still be used, based on either necessity or usefulness (food being the highest value).

Water would be the highest value, silly mortal.

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 06, 2011, 07:14:37 pm »

Sorry, this was from an earlier part of the conversation but, I just QWOPed my way to the end! It took me 20 minutes.
As for my zombie plan, gather family, board up windows, survive off of food (Under no circumstances will we eat the cats, they're family and skilled hunters, and will probably hiss at zombies.), forage surrounding neighborhood, with dad, grandpa, and two guns (grandpa because he went through bootcamp, and knows how to use guns. Plus they're his guns.), when food runs out in surrounding area, we must venture further out but keep our shelter. We will leave a gun at home with the others at all times, and we could hunt coyote, deer, and rabbits, however sad that will make me.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #189 on: November 06, 2011, 07:16:18 pm »

Sorry, this was from an earlier part of the conversation but, I just QWOPed my way to the end! It took me 20 minutes.
As for my zombie plan, gather family, board up windows, survive off of food (Under no circumstances will we eat the cats, they're family and skilled hunters, and will probably hiss at zombies.), forage surrounding neighborhood, with dad, grandpa, and two guns (grandpa because he went through bootcamp, and knows how to use guns. Plus they're his guns.), when food runs out in surrounding area, we must venture further out but keep our shelter. We will leave a gun at home with the others at all times, and we could hunt coyote, deer, and rabbits, however sad that will make me.

SILLY MORTAL! ONE GUN WITH YOUR FAMILY WILL NOT SAVE YOU!!!

Plus, having a gun, being able to use it, and using it well are three very separate things.
And food/water will run out very quickly, not to mention the mental problems that would arise from being confined for so long. Who's up for some cupcakes?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 06, 2011, 07:16:31 pm »

Bottlecaps, duh.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 06, 2011, 07:21:51 pm »

I could trade "Not punching your face" for goods, but I have a feeling that this would make me a bad person.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #192 on: November 06, 2011, 07:22:08 pm »

And zombie chow.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 06, 2011, 07:25:56 pm »

I could trade "Not punching your face" for goods, but I have a feeling that this would make me a bad person.
Grab an airhorn! HONK! Give me all your cheese! HONK!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 06, 2011, 07:26:57 pm »

Grab an airhorn! HONK! Give me all your cheese! HONK!
Honk? O_o???

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16