Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: [MOD] LCS Gen [v 0.9] - armors conceal guns properly  (Read 60224 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] LCS Gen [v 0.3]
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2011, 02:52:35 pm »

Sure :). There's so many stuff I want to change/add, and not enough time to do it all day long :P. Any help would be appreciated.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2011, 03:52:22 pm »

ok here it is hope it helps lcs weapon expansion
use it as you like just dump my name in the readme.

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

King of Croatia

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2011, 05:46:04 pm »

i see you were busy after i went to bed bro

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2011, 06:03:06 pm »

A bit :).

Also I've got the firing range working. Right now it's like university if gun laws are <L+. However I plan to add an option to build your own firing range in your safehouses where training will be cheaper (it's 120$/day now, so pretty expensive).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2011, 06:04:10 pm »

A bit :).

Also I've got the firing range working. Right now it's like university if gun laws are <L+. However I plan to add an option to build your own firing range in your safehouses where training will be cheaper (it's 120$/day now, so pretty expensive).
But the targets are pictures of evil conservatives doing un-liberal acts.

Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

King of Croatia

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2011, 06:18:35 pm »

When you have 10 people making expensive suits 120/per day aint that bad :)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] LCS Gen [v 0.4]
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2011, 06:27:21 pm »

0.4 is out

- New activity: training at firing range ($120 a day to train a pistol, a shotgun, a rifle or a SMG skill).
- New weapon (brass knuckles), inspired by Funk's weapon expansion mod.

Funk, I've checked your XML files, thank you for them. I will definitely add nunchacks and your throwing knives after I playtest their damage a bit, and of course I will mention you in the feature list :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2011, 06:51:19 pm »

Deon, yet again I have to extend my utmost thanks and respect. I've been playing a fair bit of LCS lately, and am glad to see this.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2011, 07:32:00 pm »

Modding DF and LCS? I have to say it: Deon, you kick ass. :3 (Also posting to watch this thread. :D)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2011, 07:39:07 pm »

Deon, note that you've gotten about 500% farther in LCS modification than everyone other than Toady and Jonathan have.

Would you like someone to go through the Curses archive and pull out old suggestions for review? Because I could do that.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Grimith

• Bay Watcher
  • Terminator Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2011, 08:25:16 pm »

MetalSlimeHunt brought my attention to this topic. While I'm certainly unopposed to more people taking an interest in Liberal Crime Squad, I admit I don't care at all for the modifications made thus far; I see them as just adding more content to the game rather than actually improving the game. Still, it's obvious some folks will be interested in what's being done here, Deon, and I'll definitely be on the lookout for something I like.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2011, 09:09:13 pm »

Think of it this way Grimith: Deon has to start with adding content to learn LCS's code.  He'll get to more substantial mods when he's mastered adding content.

Your Liberal Hackers don't start out by hacking the CIA's supercomputer.  They start by flaming Arch-Conservative message boards.

Suggestion: The Firemen (the Arch-Conservative ones that burn down your printing press) should use K-9 units.  Before the far future, the dogs should be real.  Afterwards, they should be the mechanical monstrosities featured in the book Fahrenheit 451.

Off-topic: Fahrenheit 451 was a wonderful book, but a lousy movie.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2011, 11:39:17 pm »

Would you like someone to go through the Curses archive and pull out old suggestions for review? Because I could do that.

Maybe I could help with something like that.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2011, 01:42:19 am »

MetalSlimeHunt brought my attention to this topic. While I'm certainly unopposed to more people taking an interest in Liberal Crime Squad, I admit I don't care at all for the modifications made thus far; I see them as just adding more content to the game rather than actually improving the game. Still, it's obvious some folks will be interested in what's being done here, Deon, and I'll definitely be on the lookout for something I like.
As Euchrejack said, I am just starting to learn LCS code. I see what you mean (that brass knuckles or a firing range alone do not make a better game), but I just want to place that stuff in. I am mostly doing it for myself since I play LCS quite a lot when I have time, but I always love to share with others :P.

And yeah, with time I will work on more substantial features. Armored cars alone sound like a nice improvement. New activities and game elements should be not too hard to make and will help us to enjoy the game better :).

Maybe I could help with something like that.
Thank you! :)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Aerogen

• Bay Watcher
  • estou estupefato
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2011, 01:48:59 am »

The selection of semiautomatic shotguns, heavy machineguns and heavy caliber SMGs in vanilla is scarce inexistant so maybe you could add some more variety to it? Anyway, if you want, you could add some of those weapons I made (I would be honored to help):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ammo:

and armor:

Maybe you could make a counter terrorist squad that uses this new equipement, they could take the place of the national guard when military spending goes C/C+ at raiding your safehouses.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18