Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: [MOD] LCS Gen [v 0.9] - armors conceal guns properly  (Read 60254 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] LCS Gen [v 0.4]
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2011, 01:54:37 am »

Well that's a nice list, Johnathan!

Right now I am looking at:
- Banks to rob that do absolutely no good to the LCS reputation but do rake in cash
- Add some more clubs, add bouncers
- Ability to make lcs official uniform and symbol
- Wearing lcs associated attire could be illegal, and it doesn't just have to be your official uniform but stuff that's been used repeatedly in lcs operations, make wearing police uniform a crime
- Legalization of human testing and then have human test subjects appear in the labs (criminals at first, etc.)
- Effects of being caught with bloody/damaged clothes
- A blindness effect, for when someone gets old, or 1 or more eyes shot out. Specifically, combat messages about "shooting blindly" and totally random targets. Also, prohibit computer-based activities, like hacking.
- Animals that get arrested are put down if animal rights isn't L+ (they can still go to court in L+)
- Add combat knife, throwing knife, current knife is switchblade
- Martial artists disarming enemies
- Televangelists, as Religion-based debaters (require low heart and wisdom to work)
- Priests, as Religion-based debaters
- Musicians start with guitars
- Let you broadcast pirate radio
- Allow moving hostages
- Your guys who drop their gear drop it on the floor

I will do them in no particular order and make some of my own ideas, but it definitely helps, thank you :).

I just need to figure out the opinion/LCS impact stuff caused by your actions (how to actually make the pirate radio to affect something for example). Right now I think about requiring a special addition (like printing press) and being able to choose the main theme of the broadcast (affecting different polls). So I just need to find where in the code the different public opinion issues are handled.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 02:02:28 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2011, 01:57:48 am »

The selection of semiautomatic shotguns, heavy machineguns and heavy caliber SMGs in vanilla is scarce inexistant so maybe you could add some more variety to it? Anyway, if you want, you could add some of those weapons I made (I would be honored to help):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ammo:

and armor:

Maybe you could make a counter terrorist squad that uses this new equipement, they could take the place of the national guard when military spending goes C/C+ at raiding your safehouses.
P90 is already in for the next update (Again, thanks Funk for his ideas; I also take his throwing knives).
Counter-terrorists to replace a national guard with better equipment? Sounds good. I will need some help from USA-living people to make some comments on my additions like that though (how real are they) since I kinda live on a different hemisphere :D.

By the way, I've added most of Counter-Strike weapons, so it should be Fun :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

gamefreak1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2011, 02:33:11 am »

Do your best I'll be watching this. :D
Is my avatar sexy?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2011, 02:38:39 am »

Regarding counter-terrorist squads... Isn't it what SWAT are for?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Aerogen

• Bay Watcher
  • estou estupefato
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2011, 04:54:46 am »

Regarding counter-terrorist squads... Isn't it what SWAT are for?

SWAT is a police force, counter terrorism squads are military.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2011, 05:52:04 am »

Thanks for clarification. I thought SWAT are like Spetsnaz.

The update will be out soon. I also want you to help me to brainstorm little things like ads.

See those?

Please suggest your ads to fill the unnecessary part of the game with more eyecandy :P.
Right now they are too few (as you see, two similar car ads on the same page).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] LCS Gen [v 0.5]
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2011, 05:56:59 am »

0.5 is out.

- Added P90 SMG (5.7 magazine, 50 bullets).
- Added P90 to SWAT teams (and cops with C+ gun laws).
- Renamed a knife to a switchlade, added throwing knives and a combat knife (Funk, LCS Crazy Ideas list).
- Added a sawn-off shotgun (Funk's idea).
- Added coats (bums and gangsters sometimes wear those): they conceal sawn-off shotguns and UZI.
- Removed generic semipistols.
- Added Glock 18 (single/burst shot), M9 Beretta, M1911 and USP pistols.
- Assigned proper pistols to appropriate groups (civillians, cops, gangsters, agents).
- Pistols and assault rifles use different magazines (9mm pistol mag, 9mm glock mag, .45 pistol mag, .45 M1911 mag, 7.62 rifle mag, 5.56 rifle mag, 9mm SMG mag, 5.7 SMG mag).
- Changed SMG magazine size (32 bullets for 9mm SMG, 50 for 5.7 SMG).
- Different clips for different SMGs/Assault rifles.
- Tweaked clip sizes.
- Pawnshop has less gun types to sell. Go to Ammunation/Black Market to get those.
- You can buy switchblades, throwing knives and brass knuckles in pawnshops, you can also buy combat knives in Ammunation.
- Added two more ads to the newspapers.
- Sharp weapons get a critical chance.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 06:41:46 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2011, 06:05:00 am »

In the long run I want to add another game element to cars.

The car will be a CAR tile on the enter/exit tile and you should be able either to leave the location on feet or in car by 'U'sing it. Also you should be able to bring additional inventory with your car (additional guns, outfits etc.), but it requires quite a lot of work so it's just a plan for a future.

And I still think that there should be a way to bring something along on a raid (looking at how you haul away so many stuff).
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 06:13:19 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2011, 06:25:49 am »

SWAT teams are police, but they're still loaded for bear, and they're the primary counter-terrorism units inside the US. They have armored vehicles, automatic weapons, shotguns, flashbang grenades, helicopters for insertion, snipers, whatever they need for the task at hand. SWAT teams are equipped and trained to deal with hostage crises, domestic terrorism, urban guerrillas, gang warfare, mafia, bank robberies, clocktower snipers, shooting sprees, anything with a small number of very dangerous people. They're what enables the police to never request military support unless there's a complete breakdown in law and order. SWAT teams also have access to police-grade chemical weapons that the military don't due to international treaties.

The military has counter-terrorism units that aren't called SWAT teams, but they aren't used domestically because the Posse Comitatus Act prohibits the army from being deployed for domestic law enforcement unless authorized by an act of Congress, and the Department of Defense voluntarily extends that prohibition to all branches of the military. The exception is the National Guard, which can be called up by State governments, but that's still reserved for cases where sheer manpower is an issue, such as rioting or restoring order after a natural disaster. The National Guard are part-time citizen-soldiers that have day jobs they have to be pulled away from, and they actually modify their guns to disable automatic fire when acting as a police force. Their purpose is to be a show of force, to communicate that the army is here to restore order, to bolster police manpower, and to provide tanks and planes if needed.

It is possible for the government to send in an elite military team like the Navy Seals or another special forces unit, it just would need to be authorized by Congress. It would be interesting to have an actual event in LCS where Congress votes to authorize deploying elite military forces against the LCS.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2011, 06:28:29 am »

The game has "national guard" notifications but I didn't find such unit. Is it just a flavor text?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2011, 06:41:13 am »

I think it just spawns Soldier units, so yes.

Aerogen

• Bay Watcher
  • estou estupefato
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2011, 07:35:52 am »

SWAT teams are police, but they're still loaded for bear, and they're the primary counter-terrorism units inside the US. They have armored vehicles, automatic weapons, shotguns, flashbang grenades, helicopters for insertion, snipers, whatever they need for the task at hand. SWAT teams are equipped and trained to deal with hostage crises, domestic terrorism, urban guerrillas, gang warfare, mafia, bank robberies, clocktower snipers, shooting sprees, anything with a small number of very dangerous people. They're what enables the police to never request military support unless there's a complete breakdown in law and order. SWAT teams also have access to police-grade chemical weapons that the military don't due to international treaties.

Yet, they can't handle vengeful mechanics crushing the city with bulldozers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZbG9i1oGPA
"Killdozers", would that make a efficient countermeasure for the LCS to use agaisnt tanks? I mean, imagine the situation:

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2011, 08:38:12 am »

Wow, that killdozer event is new for me, thanks for sharing.

That was a real artifact and a real tantrum.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 08:40:00 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2011, 10:23:10 am »

I forgot to mention, in 0.5 guns no longer magically change their names with a "future" arrival.

I will make a smooth weapon/armor/clothes transition with time later.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2011, 10:26:50 am »

Brainstorm safehouse installations :P.

Right now I think:
- Firing range (attracts some heat but is much cheaper than the town firing range, also opened at all laws).
- Mint (makes money out of air, attracts a lot of heat).
- Pirate radio station (works like liberal guardian).
- Infirmary (liberals resting here heal faster).
- Workshop (allows to make various stuff like makeshift guns and tools).
High level clothing should require a proper installation too.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18