Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: [MOD] LCS Gen [v 0.9] - armors conceal guns properly  (Read 59979 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
[MOD] LCS Gen [v 0.9] - armors conceal guns properly
« on: November 03, 2011, 05:01:44 pm »

LCS GEN

For now it's just some content addition while I explore the code.
It may become buggy later once I start digging into more imporatant game features.

The first version, to see if people are interested and if I am good enough for you :D:

Changes:

- New NPC: after 2015 year augmented / after 2030 year cyborgs (expensive suits, pistol/computer/science skill, great stats; conservative; think of Deus Ex).
- New NPC - detective/state investigator/private investigator/rogue detective (name and locations are based on privacy and corporate laws).
- At C+ Labor and Human Rights corporate servants (called slaves) wear bondage gear and are younger.
- Tweaks to mutant animals' names (no more pink elephants :().
- Guard dogs are K-9.

- Armor now properly conceals/does not conceal weapons (normal clothing conceals pistols; coats conceal SMG and sawn-off shotguns; trenchcoats conceal bigger guns).
- Donkey and elephant suits are now easier and cheaper to make (they were harder to make than deathsquad uniform...).
- New uniform - chameleon jumpsuit. It's the best for stealth but really hard to make.
- LCS uniform; inappropriate anywhere but with some stealth abilities, face coverage and armor value.
- Added coats (bums and gangsters sometimes wear those): they conceal sawn-off shotguns and UZI.
- Expensive suits/dresses are less profitable

- New activity: training at firing range ($120 a day to train a pistol, a shotgun, a rifle or a SMG skill).
- Any car theft nets a tiny amount of juice based on the difficulty to find the car.

- New weapon (brass knuckles), inspired by Funk's weapon expansion mod.
- Added P90 SMG (5.7 magazine, 50 bullets).
- Added P90 to SWAT teams (and cops with C+ gun laws).
- Renamed a knife to a switchlade, added throwing knives and a combat knife (Funk, LCS Crazy Ideas list).
- Added a sawn-off shotgun (Funk's idea).
- Removed generic semipistols.
- Added Glock 18 (burst shot), M9 Beretta, Colt M1911 (civilian) and USP pistols.
- Assigned proper pistols to appropriate groups (civilians, cops, gangsters, agents).
- Pistols and assault rifles use different magazines (9mm pistol mag, .45 pistol mag, 7.62 rifle mag, 5.56 rifle mag, 9mm SMG mag, 5.7 SMG mag).
- Changed SMG magazine size (32 bullets for 9mm SMG, 50 for 5.7 SMG).
- Tweaked clip sizes.
- New SMG type: UZI. Worse damage and AP than MP5, but 5 attacks and easier to hit multiple times (no MP5 acc. bonus though).
- Gang members and bouncers get UZI instead of MP5.

- Re-opened the Armsdealer (Ammunation on the outskirts of the town). Different location names and inventory for different gun laws.
- Gang members sell their inventory at any gun laws, but their gun prices are high and gun types are limited (but they sell any ammo you need).
- Pawnshop has less gun types to sell. Go to Ammunation/Black Market to get those.
- Pawnshop no longer sells ammo; but ammo from ammunation or gang members.
- You can buy switchblades, throwing knives and brass knuckles in pawnshops, you can also buy combat knives in Ammunation.

- Sharp weapons get a critical chance.

- Many new ads for newspapers.

- "Women's Rights" renamed to "Gender Equality".

Since Jonathan S. Fox is busy now I feel like this game should get updates and development. Sadly I am a newbie coder, but I will try to improve my abilities. So do not expect immediate bugfixes to some existing issues with complex parts of the game or drastic gameplay changes, but you can suggest and ask for things and minor features.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 01:47:36 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: LCSGen(small mod)
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 05:13:33 pm »

(Reserved in case I need the second post for something... Sorry :P)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 05:40:55 pm »

I see you've decided to extend your grasp elsewhere :P

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 05:44:03 pm »

Yeah, I need something to battle the TERRIBLE OMIGAWD tiredness caused  by 3 jobs :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

King of Croatia

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 05:49:32 pm »

Moar!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: LCSGen v 0.2
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 06:32:11 pm »

A necessary update to 0.2, guys.

- Donkey and elephant suits are now easier and cheaper to make (they were harder to make than deathsquad uniform...).
- New uniform - chameleon jumpsuit. It's the best for stealth but really hard to make.
- Navy Seal uniforms.

Since the source code which I've got from SVN had no Navy Seal uniforms, you would get crashes on the army base. It's fixed now, thanks to King of Croatia for finding it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Aerogen

• Bay Watcher
  • estou estupefato
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] LCS Gen [v 0.2]
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 11:59:05 pm »

Looking good so far. What else are you cooking up?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 02:19:36 am »

And this, fellow forumites, is one of the many reasons why Deon is awesome.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Kent Able

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 02:41:17 am »

In accordance with Prophecy, Deon has taken up the reins of LCS modding. Horrors C+ as well as L+ will be unleashed upon the unsuspecting locals, yea, even as Deon calls forth new sites to raid wherein LARPing gear is mandatory.

silverpower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 04:49:29 am »

One thing you could try would be selling stolen/'slightly used' armor of various sorts from the 'mobile' arms dealers (gang members and mercs). I have this implemented already in my personal mod - the only real improvement I can see is adding heat ratings to all items to drive up the expense or get you discounts on armor and weapons.

(For example, in the real-life black market, a weapon with no bodies on it and no paperwork is worth a hell of a lot more than a stolen one that's already been used to commit several murders. We're talking anywhere from double to triple the fair market value down to a small fraction of that - which itself may be an undercover cop trying to bust you for buying Liberal Weapons at Elite Liberal Prices. :P)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 08:32:50 am »

Good ideas, Silverpower :). I will work to implement them.

Looking good so far. What else are you cooking up?
At first, I will call cyborgs "augmented" before 2015 or 2021. Then, there're different types of rifles with the same caliber which is stupid, while there are different pistols with different calibers but no real names... So I will add a few real pistol types (Colt Anaconda for .38 revolver etc.) and make assault rifles to take different clips. I will probably add some lighter SMG (like Steyr TMP) and rifles as well as lighter assault rifles (like Steyr Aug). Also I will add some fun guns, like flare guns.

Another thing I plan to change: I hate how when a "future" year arrives, all SMGs and pistols become energy weapons at once (which is a simple renaming of them). I'd better keep them the same, but I will add new energy weapon types and with time will replace shop inventories and NPC weapons to simulate the progress.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2011, 09:16:53 am »

oddy the main cost of blackmarket arms over here in the u.k. is not the weapon but the ammo.
if you put a gun in to storage any where dry it will last for ever, ammo goes off over time.
can the level of Street Sense set the range and number of guns for sale.

item heat levels, changes weapon cost great idea, the Ammunition availability or lack of will change the price, no ammo low cost.

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2011, 12:04:12 pm »

Okay, a new short update will be out soon.
I've fixed the masks in oubliette so they will appear there as they should.
Also I've added a new creature type.
It's "state investigator" at -2 privacy laws, "detective" at "-1"-"0" and "private investigator" at 1 privacy laws.

They normally rarely appear in apartments, but with 0-2 corporate laws they start to appear in outskirts.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] LCS Gen [v 0.3]
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2011, 12:30:31 pm »

0.3 is out.

- I've fixed Oubliette how it should be (with masks now).
- New NPC - detective/state investigator/private investigator/rogue detective (name and locations are based on privacy and corporate laws).
- Before 2015 "cyborgs" are called "augmented", for the sanity sake.

Now with < L+ privacy laws you will encounter investigators/detectives in apartments, and with moderate+ corporate laws you will find them snooping in various corporate buildings. They can always be found in courthouse/police station.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 12:32:55 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] LCS Gen [v 0.3]
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2011, 02:35:48 pm »

can you up the ammo that MP5s and UZIS get to 30?

i will dig up my old mod for you, it had some more weapons and stuff that you can use.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18