Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Dungeon  (Read 8600 times)

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
Re: Dungeon
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2011, 11:14:03 am »

"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2011, 11:51:20 am »

Once there was an evil thing, that stalked the shadows and brought forth plight.
Once there was a valiant king, that stopped the shadows and brought forth light.
And in the city they did fight, set the building all alight.
And up the tower in the night, set fires there so bright.
There the evil thing battered the king, flung him down, and stole the crown.
Here the evil thing becamed the king, cast rules down, and wore the crown.
How he hold tears or our few heart strings.
Now we hold fear for our new dark king.

Why next.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 07:05:50 pm by rarborman »
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2011, 11:55:10 am »

Why next? What?
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2011, 12:54:57 pm »

Why next? What?
text that explains who the dark king is and why everyone is in his jail
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2011, 03:39:51 pm »

Name: Menkaura
Species: Undead, raised. (Specifically, mummy)

Long have I slept in peaceful rest. I had earned it, fighting for my king valiantly. I gave my life for him in battle, ensuring that he might live. But that was long ago. That king had died at a grand old age, leaving the throne to his son, and that son had died of old age, leaving it to his child. And so on throughout the years as I rested. But now, the banshees wail troubling news to my spirit, that disturbs my peaceful repose. The last king died well before his time, his light consumed by darkness of some unnamed evil. The living cowered in fear from this evil thing. I am needed again. The light had failed, it was time to vanquish darkness with darkness.

Ancient magics on my sarcophagus come to life, and awoke my spirit from it's rest. I flowed back to my tomb, back into the body I had left long ago. It isn't what I remembered having while alive, but now is a dried husk, wrapped in aged bandages from head to toe. But it will serve. I stretched, testing out limbs that had not been moved in centuries. They are stiff, but they respond well enough. I had not eyes, but I could still see the inside of my sarcophagus. I pushed it open.

I found myself not in my tomb, but within something resembling a dungeon cell. My sarcophagus was piled haphazardly with many others in the dank stone room. I recognized them, they once belonged to my comrades. But all the others were already open and empty. Had my comrades already awakened and set forth? If so, why did they not awaken me? No, I fear that this evil had recognized the magics laid on us, and had decided to act before we would awaken. It had gathered up all the loyal dead together in this cell, and had done something to the rest of them. Why it missed me, I do not know. Perhaps the evil thing simply had not gotten around to dealing with me yet. It doesn't matter though, I must tend to what is, not what may be or might have been. My comrades are gone or will not return, and I will need new allies. I rose from my sarcophagus and searched about the cell I found myself in, seeking others I can call upon to aid me.

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2011, 08:22:18 pm »

"By order of the king, justice is falling upon you, any thinking beasts are hereby demanded to appear before the kings court in the city or be dragged thus to receive judgement.
Any whom do not bow to his providence are subject to his wrath and are thus held as criminal and reward is held for their capture and live deliverment to the authorities of city."
(living)
Either by submission or defiance you have found yourself before the dark king, a monstrous abomination of shifting shadow and abhorrent cold under a brilliant crown of blood red gold, he sits upon a giant throne quiet as night and eyes that glow a sickening light. Through brutal force you are forced to knee, by the bloody knights with evils glee. From his mouth like a bludgeon, he did say only, "Dungeon."
Dragged away to the cells to curse your fate, you sit there now left to wait.
(undead + golems)
You awaken in a large cell, whither the first or only last of many.
(fairies)
You find yourself one day trapped in a bottle, it was dark, then you were set free when the bottle smashed in a cell.

Spoiler: player = race + gender (click to show/hide)

(living)
You are all in near identical cells three solid stone walls a ceiling made of patterned stone and light from above, and a open doorway to a darkened hallway of the dungeon.
(undead)
You are in a large cell there are empty coffins and sarcophagi of various materials and ages stacked piled and flayed about, it is dark and a doorway out of the cell is the only light.

You may begin now.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2011, 08:25:35 pm »

I pretend to be a log. My camouflage is perfect
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 08:35:21 pm by Monkeyfacedprickleback »

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2011, 08:28:17 pm »

I pretend to be a log. My camoflage is perfect
Your loglyness is never to be doubted, but there is no one here to fool.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2011, 08:32:36 pm »

Fine. I attempt to crush the bars with my mighty jaws.

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2011, 08:35:04 pm »

I call through the bars:

"I Do Not Understand What Has Occurred. I Request That I Am Told The Particulars Of Why I Have Been Placed Within This Cell."
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2011, 08:35:34 pm »

Attempt to melt the bars with the heat of my malice.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2011, 08:36:29 pm »

Attempt to fly through the bars. Maybe if I just.... squeeze through...

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2011, 08:38:41 pm »

What? There are no bars.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2011, 08:41:00 pm »

You are all in near identical cells three solid stone walls a ceiling made of patterned stone and light from above, and a open doorway to a darkened hallway of the dungeon.

Huh. what do ya' know. Well don't that just beat all. I guess we just kinda assumed there would be bars.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2011, 08:42:13 pm »

Me too.

Fly out into the hallway!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6