Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tangled teeth.  (Read 5953 times)

Kallin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tangled teeth.
« on: November 05, 2011, 01:43:07 am »

So, I started up an Adventurer just to test out how it works. For laughs, I made a Demigod level human, with all skill points put into biting. What I thought would happen would be that I would bite into various body parts and maybe rip off muscles or things. What I was not expecting was to find out how the description, "his teeth are tangled" makes sense.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

How does that even happen?
I'm on and off. I usually pop up for a few months then head out for a few.

You've got tentacle teeth or ribbon goblins.  Pick your poison.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Tangled teeth.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 02:01:50 am »

teeth are actually a form of tentacle, with a piercing tip like a syringe.  They don't reside in the mouth, the mouth is just a gash in the head from with a host of Zoidbergian tentacles spew forth, several feet long and able to "latch" onto opponent body parts.

Vindictus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 02:12:10 am »

Technically, the body parts of a given creature are assembled somewhat accurately, but as the modeling system has no actual models or physics, or even relative size/distance, a rat could theoretically hold every part of a dragon in it's mouth at the same time.

Anyway, it's a bug. Hopefully, it'll be fixed when a new combat system is added.
Well, I now have an urge to end sentient life.

I think I'll go meditate for a bit.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 02:39:20 am »

Actually, a rat can hold every part of a dragon upon every tooth at once.  The mouth isn't strictly needed.  Teeth could grow out of the chest and still function for biting.  The number of latch-able body parts is the number of teeth.  If you just have standard "teeth" you've got one.  If you've got "teeth" and "left eye tooth" and "right eye tooth" you've got 3.  Adding more individual teeth adds more limbs that can be bit at once!

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 02:40:40 am »

teeth are actually a form of tentacle, with a piercing tip like a syringe.  They don't reside in the mouth, the mouth is just a gash in the head from with a host of Zoidbergian tentacles spew forth, several feet long and able to "latch" onto opponent body parts.

Thanks a lot for that mental image.
Holy Christ.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 02:41:12 am »

Actually, a rat can hold every part of a dragon upon every tooth at once.  The mouth isn't strictly needed.  Teeth could grow out of the chest and still function for biting.  The number of latch-able body parts is the number of teeth.  If you just have standard "teeth" you've got one.  If you've got "teeth" and "left eye tooth" and "right eye tooth" you've got 3.  Adding more individual teeth adds more limbs that can be bit at once!

The Osmond family could BITE THE WORLD
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 02:43:15 am »

Holy Christ.

The alternative is that any creature's body is like a long noodle or ribbon.  To bite multiple parts, you simply fold the ribbon over until the two parts overlap, and then bite.

Andal

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning! Fourth wall breached!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 05:39:10 am »

Holy Christ.

The alternative is that any creature's body is like a long noodle or ribbon.  To bite multiple parts, you simply fold the ribbon over until the two parts overlap, and then bite.

Bay12 Forums, your one stop shop for nightmare fuel on the internet!
When I was reorganizing my inventory to fit all by books on life and death into various bags and things, I looked at my inventory and saw that I was multigrasping a necromancer slab.  It was pretty hilarious.
I think that would be an excellent way to impart the critical lessons of life and death to the ignorant masses.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 06:10:41 am »

Holy Christ.

Interesting fact: If g, e and U all look like bent noodles, then looks like a cracker biscuit.

"Elf McSimba: But dad, don't we eat the crackers?
Elf McMufasa: Yes, Simba, but let me explain. When we overbrew, our bodies become the mushrooms, and crackers eat the mushrooms. And so we're all connected in the great Circle of Soup."

OrionKale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2011, 06:43:39 am »

"Elf McSimba: But dad, don't we eat the crackers?
Elf McMufasa: Yes, Simba, but let me explain. When we overbrew, our bodies become the mushrooms, and crackers eat the mushrooms. And so we're all connected in the great Circle of Soup."
The Ciiiiiirrcleee of Soooooouuuuuup !

uncanny soul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2011, 06:45:15 am »

can i pick both?

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2011, 07:57:26 am »

BRAINBLEACH NOW!
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2011, 08:01:47 am »

Technically, the body parts of a given creature are assembled somewhat accurately, but as the modeling system has no actual models or physics, or even relative size/distance, a rat could theoretically hold every part of a dragon in it's mouth at the same time.

Anyway, it's a bug. Hopefully, it'll be fixed when a new combat system is added.

This is wrong.

Relative size of body parts is modeled. Distance really isn't, and the game doesn't really care how big you are when you try to latch onto something, but the size of individual body parts and their tissue layers are in fact modeled.

I'm not sure what that has to do with the "tangled teeth" descriptor anyway. What even determines which descriptors apply to those body parts, anyway? "Tangled" doesn't show up in the raws, for example.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2011, 08:28:45 am »

This is one bug I hope never gets fixed.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2011, 10:22:02 am »

Holy Christ.

Urist MacReady cancels getting drunk: Interrupted by Thing.

Actually, I'd always heard thst if someone's teeth are said to be tangled, they're very snaggle-toothed, with teeth so crooked they cross each other.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 10:24:49 am by Nyxalinth »
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.
Pages: [1] 2