Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Siege of Gorerape(Pt. 2 posted)  (Read 11902 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The Siege of Gorerape(Pt. 2 posted)
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 05:45:29 pm »

Naww, more like Romans occupying a Celtic Hill fort!

Yeah, I think I'll leave now...

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Gorerape(Pt. 2 posted)
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 12:36:54 am »

And now, some tidbits of information to finish things up:

-Due to one of the pack animals dying somehow(probably bowgoblins), and my mayor/baron/bookkeeper/broker being pissy, I never actually managed to trade with that all important caravan.

-After the the death of Sibrek Rungakalath, Sarvesh Kilrudurrith eventually rose to take his place as militia captain.

-I never actually saw Kel Roldethadil make it to the top of the wall, yet his kill list clearly states that he ended the life of a single goblin during the siege. I can only assume that one must have fallen from the wall while they were being slaughtered, and Kel seized the opportunity.

-As a reward for her heroic actions during the siege, and now having the highest kill count in the fortress, Ezum Dolilmorul is now the owner of a royal mausoleum, complete with a nickel silver sarcophagus(one of her favorite metals).

-Each of the merchant guards who died during the siege of Gorerape now rest peacefully in the fortress burial chambers.

There, this story finally feels complete. One less bothersome thought in the back of my mind.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Gorerape
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 01:05:38 am »

A wonderful story, King DZA. I hope we hear more about your forts in the future. Perhaps one with badgers?

Mostly just posting to follow the story, but I am proud that I understand both ASCII and Graphics packs
Thats a skill. When I'm trying to look at a community story post and they've got screenshots in all the various graphic packs it tends to confuse me. I'm just so used to the "ASCII" graphics.
It's a little like trying to catch public transport in another state ... one with trams.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Gorerape
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 12:43:25 am »

A wonderful story, King DZA. I hope we hear more about your forts in the future. Perhaps one with badgers?

The only badgers that I've seen thus far have been little more than minor nuisances that end up getting kicked to death after stepping on enough of my nerves. But should I have any interesting encounters involving them, I'll be sure to write down a little something about it.

Oh, quick update:
Gorerape was hit by another siege recently, roughly the same size(probably more trolls, though). Unfortunately, it occurred while an above ground logging operation was underway, meaning I had a path of ramps leading over all of the walls and directly into the center. While the siege was defeated in the end, I lost a lot of good dwarves out there, including Ezum Dolilmorul. She was fighting solo and doing great, taking down close to ten enemy soldiers, but those lashers, they swarmed her before backup could arrive...

Victory is ours yet again, but it is a sad day in Gorereape nonetheless...

Spoiler: Aftermath (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 04:40:44 am by King DZA »
Pages: 1 [2]