Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mineral Count  (Read 1430 times)

Hurgal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mineral Count
« on: December 30, 2012, 06:04:42 am »

I haven't played in a while, and my searches on the forums so far have been fruitless, so I'm resorting to asking.

What is the utility that allows you to see the number of minerals in an embark site.  I'm tired of having to import flux at every site.

htabdoolb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mineral Count
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 07:27:26 am »

DFHack has the "prospect" utility, which shows stone layers, mineral veins, water and magma amounts, and gem and plant counts.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 10:37:16 am »

I haven't played in a while, and my searches on the forums so far have been fruitless, so I'm resorting to asking.

What is the utility that allows you to see the number of minerals in an embark site.  I'm tired of having to import flux at every site.
As far as I know there is no utility? Anyhow, if it's flux you're looking for it will say FLUX at embark.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 11:02:06 am »

DFHack has the "prospect" utility, which shows stone layers, mineral veins, water and magma amounts, and gem and plant counts.
Note that this can also be used on the embark screen prior to actually embarking with the "prospect all" command.

And yeah, flux is shown in the game by default, though sometimes large amounts of minerals can cause the flux option to freak out and say you don't have any flux when really you do.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.