Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Friend recently got out of jail/rehab, says that he will get back at me.  (Read 1758 times)

ObisidanOutpost

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Me and a good friend have been in a rather heated discussion that has ended with multiple things: Us no longer being friends, and him saying that he shall get back at me for what happened.

A week ago, my friend told me that he was chugging tequila daily (he's 16) and many other horrible things(such as his suicide attempts) after I got a new phone and told him about it.  I tried to help him with the situation, by telling him that I'm always his friend and that he should get off of it and that he could come to my home to let off steam. It didn't really work and I decided to go to sleep. When I woke up around the afternoon, I got news that he was recently dumped by his girlfriend.  This caused him to be homicidal.  He told me that he had a gun and that he was going to murder people he had scores to settle with, and that he doesn't about whatever happens to him. I tried convincing him not to, but after him saying that he must multiple times I decided to call the police.  After a bunch of things happen, I call the police a third time with more information and was given information that they already had deputies at his apartment. 

A few weeks later, he learned that I called the police and told people about his problem and what was happening, and now he's pissed at me.
Very, infact. He says that it has ruined his life since he has been sent to rehab or jail(Not sure to be honest) which has cut him off from everybody he loves.  He's called me a horrible friend for doing that and, in his exact wording: "I will get u for this, for everything uv put me through".  I was pissed at him also during this conversation, and since he normally calls me a spineless pussy, I told him that I did not care for him anymore, did not want to hear from him anymore, and that he could go suck on a chode and suffocate for all I cared.

I can't fix this since he has blocked my number and I'm changing my phone number in case he's serious. So, my question is: What in the fuck do I do? He doesn't know where I live since I've recently moved, but he could track something like my phone number. 

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Friend recently got out of jail/rehab, says that he will get back at me.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 12:41:33 pm »

Get in touch with your local police, for a start. They can advise you as to what to do.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 01:31:12 pm »

Yes, get in touch with the police, death threats and threats of violence need to be taken seriously. Not much more to say than that.

Danaru

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% Manly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 03:17:39 am »

This is the exact reason that the Police exist. Even if it's an empty threat, you need to contact the authorities immediately. ESPECIALLY if he says he has a gun and plans on murdering people
Odd how "Experiment" in DF is often synonymous with "Raging inferno of death and dispair"

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 05:47:45 am »

Contact the police. Threats are not to be taken lightly.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 10:02:51 am »

It is very easy to track people if you want to.

Phone Books, internet searches, calling your family and friends and asking where you are (or asking through a proxy. I had a people try to track others through me).

Lets just say if he really wants to find you. He will.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 10:04:27 am by Neonivek »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 11:25:24 am »

I can't fix this since he has blocked my number

I don't get it, how would you be fixing it if he hadn't blocked your number?

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 09:58:14 pm »

Going to the police is a good idea - if for no other reason than to get this on record. If he acts on his threats then you want a solid legal backing for a verdict of self-defense for whatever happens.

Also, make sure that your friend and family know you don't want him knowing where you are.  Really emphasize this. I've had other friends who got hurt because friends/family ratted them out.

EDIT: And good luck.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 11:59:46 pm »

Do what everyone said: Contact the police. Then, tell your friends/relatives/people you hold dear to stay away from this person. Even if it might be a threat, it is still a threat, and you should ask the authorities for help.

Also, tell your friends not to give him your new phone number if in case he asks for it. A safer way to do it is to change numbers, and tell your friends that you abandoned the old one because he might ask your friends and they'd tell him. Then explicitly tell them not to give anyone your phone number.

It might sound paranoid, but you have to take extra measures to defend yourself, especially if you value your life.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Zack

• Escaped Lunatic
  • OMG Another escaped lunatic?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 02:16:41 am »

On top of everyone's suggestions, you might want to consider changing some of your daily routines and avoid your regular hangout areas, for time being. By avoiding the places that you frequent often like a cafe, arcade, mall, skate park etc, you'll reduce the chance of him finding you or bumping into him. Especially if he knows where your regular hangouts or places you might be at certain times of the day. Ask your friends to be on the look out for him at the places you hang out, just to find out if he is actively looking for you. Avoid the places where you know he goes to, like a mini-mart where he get his cigs, the street he lives on or his entire neighborhood if possible.

Never be on your own when going out or even when staying at home. Always get a friend or relative to be with you all times.

PS: A buddy with a 12 gauge shot-gun who stayed at my place for a similar problem, worked very well for me.

Best of luck.
Delicious Magical Shroooooms!

Zack

• Escaped Lunatic
  • OMG Another escaped lunatic?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 12:13:36 am »

One more thing I forgot to mention. If you have access to pepper spray or mace, I suggest you keep one handy on you at all times. Just incase.

PS: A buddy with a 12 gauge shot-gun who stayed at my place for a similar problem, worked very well for me.

Best of luck.
*eye twitches*
where does he live? I want his gun.
no, I'm not insane *eye twitches*

Everyone wants his Bekas-12M shotgun. And I'm not telling you where he lives...I want that shotgun myself....hehehehe...
Delicious Magical Shroooooms!