Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [33g] Freezing water/thawing ice removes downward slopes  (Read 326 times)

Havlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[33g] Freezing water/thawing ice removes downward slopes
« on: January 06, 2008, 01:59:00 am »

While building a draining system for a lake next to my fortress, I discovered that after the first winter's freeze/thaw of the lake all the downward slopes that led up all the levels of the lake had been destroyed. This left nothing but the upward slopes of the ramps with no matching downward slopes, meaning my dwarfs could go up but not down the sides of the lake once I drained it. While it might not be a hiderance to most players, I found it most annoying as some of my dwarfs and livestock managed to get themselfs trapped on small outcroppings next to my fortress walls by going up the upward slopes. And as far as I can tell, the freeze/thaw doesn't effect stairways, so as long as I use those for my water-exposed constructions I'll be fine. Here's hoping it's something simple to fix.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: [33g] Freezing water/thawing ice removes downward slopes
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 07:08:00 pm »

Yeah, there are still a few things like this.  I'm going to handle them all at some point by changing how downward slopes are stored.

[ January 06, 2008: Message edited by: Toady One ]

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Havlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [33g] Freezing water/thawing ice removes downward slopes
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 08:53:00 pm »

OK, it's good to know it's known and in the queue. Thanks.