Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stone Coins...Uh...  (Read 1613 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Stone Coins...Uh...
« on: November 06, 2011, 08:32:07 am »

I tried to make a reaction to make obsidian coins. Apparently, this doesn't work. Although the coins showed up as obsidian coins, apparently the stack of 50 coins in an of itself was only worth 1 Urist of wealth before material and quality modifiers. Oh, and the coins had quality. EDIT: Bone coins have this same problem too, not that I'm surprised.

WTF? Are non-metal coins horribly bugged?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 08:35:51 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Stone Coins...Uh...
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 08:35:43 am »

Hm, I don't think stone is meant to be made into coins.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 09:19:27 am »

No, really? I was mostly warning people and wondering if anyone had any idea why stone caused that bugginess.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

commondragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 12:29:18 pm »

What happens if you let the entity have a value for the obsidian coins?

Also, its probably set to an absolute minimum of worth if you haven't done that already.
WheEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 12:42:40 pm »

No, I meant through modding. Hm..trying obsidian coins. LEt's see if stupid Cactuar are willing to take stone coins..

commondragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 12:51:45 pm »

No, I meant through modding. Hm..trying obsidian coins. LEt's see if stupid Cactuar are willing to take stone coins..

I know through modding.  I'm saying have you modded your entity file to accept obsidian coins as a form of currency?  Also trading coins doesn't work like that, it just uses material value instead of actual worth in coins (unless this has been changed recently).
WheEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 01:03:25 pm »

Coins aren't actually worth anything by themselves - civilizations can assign value to coins made from specific metals (e.g. copper = 1, silver = 5, gold = 15) and use that value when the Economy activates (which it doesn't) or in Adventurer mode, but all other coins are valued at 1/50th the coin's material value, so a stack of 500 coins will have the same value as a no-quality craft.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.