Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 798151 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #1110 on: December 28, 2011, 02:26:11 pm »

For a minute I was staring at "Shashmebzuth" and trying to figure out if that was Hellcannon or Swordthunders. This is why we can't have nice things; someone goes and translates them into a language we can't be arsed to learn.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1111 on: December 28, 2011, 03:06:17 pm »

WHHHHYYYYYYYY. I have finished the picture, now I just need to scan it and upload it.
Still like to see it :P might be even better dwarf-ier then mine  :D

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: December 28, 2011, 04:15:54 pm »

For a minute I was staring at "Shashmebzuth" and trying to figure out if that was Hellcannon or Swordthunders. This is why we can't have nice things; someone goes and translates them into a language we can't be arsed to learn.

Nokzamungeg -> Ungegugath -> Shashmebzuth. Sword is Dastot; Nokzamungeg and Ungegugath's civ was called Dastot Cog, The Sword of Boots. Swordthunders would be Dastotamud. (I had to look up Thunder here, amazing little tool. I've got the other ones memorised from spending so much time reading the threads.)

edit: Please hold while repairs are being performed Thank you for your time
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 04:18:24 pm by Strategia »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: December 28, 2011, 04:34:27 pm »

My previous post should be enough to tell you what's going on.

Well, at least it can't get any worse!
Jynx'd! Muahahahaha!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: December 28, 2011, 05:18:59 pm »

Nokzamungeg -> Ungegugath -> Shashmebzuth. Sword is Dastot; Nokzamungeg and Ungegugath's civ was called Dastot Cog, The Sword of Boots. Swordthunders would be Dastotamud. (I had to look up Thunder here, amazing little tool. I've got the other ones memorised from spending so much time reading the threads.)

edit: Please hold while repairs are being performed Thank you for your time

I remember Dastotamud because it has permanently scarred me. My time in Shashmebzuth hasn't come up yet.

Also, it would be Ungegmebzuth for Failcannon. Oar was changed to cannon for the name. And so, Led Shakeoars became Led Shakecannons.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: December 28, 2011, 06:02:03 pm »

Well, in the original Aluonra save it was belch that became cannon, so it's probably something else.

On other news: I am putting down all updates from all three forts in a .txt file for no reason other than a complete lack of anything intresting to do. Already done with the Battlefailed ones.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 06:07:16 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: December 28, 2011, 06:07:32 pm »

Also, it would be Ungegmebzuth for Failcannon. Oar was changed to cannon for the name. And so, Led Shakeoars became Led Shakecannons.

That was the intention, yeah, but something went wrong and Failcannon became Ungegugath instead of Ungegmebzuth. "Ugath" means "belch". It took a while for the error to be found out, IIRC because some of the data got corrupted in one save and the name change didn't transfer. It was named Ungegugath from the start.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: December 28, 2011, 06:34:21 pm »

Well, in the original Aluonra save it was belch that became cannon, so it's probably something else.

On other news: I am putting down all updates from all three forts in a .txt file for no reason other than a complete lack of anything intresting to do. Already done with the Battlefailed ones.

I was thinking about doing this for archival purposes. Mind shooting me the Battlefailed updates?

Even better, add the in-between-update posts at the bottom of each update, SA-style.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: December 28, 2011, 06:39:24 pm »

I was thinking about doing this for archival purposes. Mind shooting me the Battlefailed updates?

Even better, add the in-between-update posts at the bottom of each update, SA-style.

I'm using MS Word, really, and I'm not particularly skilled with it's more advanced features; thus if it is possible to do such a thing, I have no idea how. So I'm just adding them between the overseer ones. Battlefailed didn't have that many and I am sure I missed a few, so with Failcannon I am going page-by-page instead of following the OP-links. As you know, Failcannon (the thread) has 189 pages. Lur help me.

Regarding sending you what I've already copied, you may want to suggest a way to accomplish that.

EDIT: Failfact: Battlefailed lasted exactly 3 months. May 10 - August 10. Nice timing there, Stuzang.

EDIT 2: This bloody thing is already more than 360 pages long, so are you sure you want it?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 06:44:37 pm by Deathsword »
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: December 28, 2011, 07:42:20 pm »

Oh derp. I forgot about a method to send it to me. I'll PM you my email. Just adding the posts between the overseer logs is what I meant. I'll deal with the formatting later.

3 months? mmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: December 28, 2011, 07:59:45 pm »

I'll send it to you after I finish my current archiving spree.

... I guess I should be the fort's bookkeeper or something.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: December 28, 2011, 08:30:05 pm »

...Do I want to know what have you been doing to an incarnation my fortress?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: December 28, 2011, 08:39:39 pm »

You're hired.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: December 28, 2011, 08:42:22 pm »

You're hired.
Into my sig with ya, little bragging rights.

EDIT: Report: Just finished 8th turn of Failcannon. That's 8 turns (and I don't know how many fucking intermissions) in about 2 hours, so it's all good. I think I'm going to finish it for today. Mego, I'll send it to you tomorrow.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 08:56:04 pm by Deathsword »

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: December 28, 2011, 10:05:42 pm »

SomethingAwful has a Let's Play Archive. So shall we. The two completed forts in the Battlefailed Trilogy, as well as the rest of the succession forts in the Hall of Legends, shall be interred into the archive eventually.

...does anyone happen to own a webserver that we could use for this? I could bug one of Zeranamu or Carnes into sharing their DFMP server if necessary.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 208