Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 798085 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #1170 on: January 05, 2012, 06:09:37 pm »

I think the mayor position is actually replaceable. At least I can, and don't remember ever editing the mayor's raw entry. Try it. Or lock my dorf away and make sure someone else has no labors enabled and spends all his/her life partying and making friends until I'm voted out!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: January 05, 2012, 06:54:52 pm »

-Told the dwarves to make crutches, splints and buckets, but rather than managing work orders Mego made himself dinner.

Damnit I'm hungry.

I think the mayor position is actually replaceable. At least I can, and don't remember ever editing the mayor's raw entry. Try it. Or lock my dorf away and make sure someone else has no labors enabled and spends all his/her life partying and making friends until I'm voted out!

And so the GOP was born.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: January 05, 2012, 06:55:49 pm »

Mayor is replaceable. Show those dwarves how useful democracy is...
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: January 05, 2012, 08:01:09 pm »

Nah. Why would I want to? One mayor or another, doesn't really make a diff.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: January 05, 2012, 08:25:48 pm »

IT doesnt matter if you have a mayor or a duke, the fort will still descend into chaos and will still end with a screaming dwarf holding up the head of the last sane dwarf on a pile of dead babies in the middle of a magma chamber while FBs rage outside.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: January 05, 2012, 08:28:19 pm »

IT doesnt matter if you have a mayor or a duke, the fort will still descend into chaos and will still end with a screaming dwarf holding up the head of the last sane dwarf on a pile of dead babies in the middle of a magma chamber while FBs rage outside.

Oh dear god, no-one listen to him! HE'S AN ELF-COLLABORATOR!  If we do anything he says, the fortress will end up a peaceful, pleasant place with dwarves living in harmony and happiness. On the Armok-forsaken surface!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: January 05, 2012, 08:29:53 pm »

It could also end with a mayor that repeatedly mandates things to remind you about our shortage of X, where X is something that overseers routinely forget to make which are still pretty nice, like dining tables. My mayor mandates shields. I always forget to manufacture more masterwork copper shields to clobber goblins with! What are my dorf's preferences anyway?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: January 05, 2012, 08:30:42 pm »

Fun fact: most of the dorfs spend their time on the surface anyway. I guess that elven caravan had quite a few socks with them.

It could also end with a mayor that repeatedly mandates things to remind you about our shortage of X, where X is something that overseers routinely forget to make which are still pretty nice, like dining tables. My mayor mandates shields. I always forget to manufacture more masterwork copper shields to clobber goblins with! What are my dorf's preferences anyway?
He likes native copper, bismuth, onyx, highwood wood, crystal glass, giant eagle leather, crossbows, hatch covers, scepters, catapult parts and deer for their grace.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 08:33:48 pm by Darvi »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: January 05, 2012, 08:35:40 pm »

-silences ThatAussieGuy-

Anyone else want to doubt my experience?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: January 05, 2012, 08:35:50 pm »

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: January 05, 2012, 08:36:19 pm »

Fun fact: most of the dorfs spend their time on the surface anyway. I guess that elven caravan had quite a few socks with them.

He likes native copper, bismuth, onyx, highwood wood, crystal glass, giant eagle leather, crossbows, hatch covers, scepters, catapult parts and deer for their grace.

For some reason I'm picturing a dwarf with a crossbow in hand, sitting at the controls to a loaded catapult and thinking how lovely the nearby frolicking deer look.... Right before he fires both crossbow and catapult at the nearest one.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: January 05, 2012, 08:36:59 pm »

He's an elf? KILLL!!!

Darn you ninjas.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: January 05, 2012, 08:40:27 pm »

I forgot to mention that he also likes magma and levers.

But that's kind of a given. Noble and all that.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: January 05, 2012, 08:42:03 pm »

He's an elf? KILLL!!!

Darn you ninjas.

See?  He's giving them fair warning that the dwarves are after them!  A real dwarf would have released the magma already and be done with it!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: January 05, 2012, 08:43:34 pm »

Ah but I am neither a dwarf nor an elf.

I am a horrible monstrosity, given form by Armok to destroy both kindreds if they insult the Blood God.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 208