Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 795774 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #1455 on: January 23, 2012, 10:28:53 pm »

The final solution of Hellcannon:

We colonise hell.
We live in hell.

Demons are wiped out. We have a sealed fort from the new demons that wander in on the map edge.

Then, something 'happens' (someone breaks a wall, or something goes horribly wrong) and the demons fly through Hellcannon Proper and obliterate everything within.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: January 23, 2012, 10:58:12 pm »

Hellcannon News: End of Spring

18th Felsite
It seems that ThatAussieDwarf left out two important layers of his blueprints. We are examining the site of the trap today to determine if the necessary changes can be made. If not, I will have him hanged.

Blupri- YOU'RE BUILDING A CHECKERBOARD!

Looks like you missed the text-only bit about me saying to leave two levels between the board surface and the storage tanks so the liquids can flow freely, huh?.

...shutup. For all the time I spent in that thread, you'd think I'd have the plans memorized by now.

The final solution of Hellcannon:

We colonise hell.
We live in hell.

Demons are wiped out. We have a sealed fort from the new demons that wander in on the map edge.

Then, something 'happens' (someone breaks a wall, or something goes horribly wrong) and the demons fly through Hellcannon Proper and obliterate everything within.

WHO TOLD YOU OF MY PLANS? Err, I mean, that would be bad!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: January 23, 2012, 11:03:11 pm »

According to the proposed plans, Hell must be sealed off from the fort in an area of identical proportion to that of our defensive perimeter around the surface. (ie: walling everything off up to the map edge.) As the Head Stoneworker and the one directly in charge of the workers, I am displeased by the so-far total lack of security measures and basic protection of our masons who will be responsible for the construction of these walls in these plans. After all, if they're dieing en-route to the construction zone, then they clearly aren't going to be constructing anything.

I propose that enclosed tunnels should be constructed over the floor of hell to at least get workers to the edges safely, and these tunnels be patrolled by highly trained and extremely well-equipped warriors. If it turns out the way that old legend of Swordthunders or whatever did, Hellcannon wouldn't have the staff or leadership to survive such a rate of attrition, and the project simply could not be completed.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: January 23, 2012, 11:07:07 pm »

To be fair, most of that attrition was from dwarfs getting locked outside during goblin sieges.

If you really are planning to wall off Hell, start from the highest level possible.  Otherwise you get demons spawning atop the walls

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: January 23, 2012, 11:10:37 pm »

Each mason MUST have a highly skilled and armoured dwarf accompanying him.
Masons must also be in an inactive squad with civilian uniform with armor on so that they may survive an attack.

There must remain a main force patrolling the centre of Hellcannon too.

Provided we have a population of 10 stone workers in a fort of 100 with 20-30 military, this could work.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: January 23, 2012, 11:13:36 pm »

Better idea; place the entire fort in at least a civilian, armor-only squad(s) and start mass-producing steal gear. Once they're all suited up, set them to practice, minimum of one per squad, in the danger room.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: January 23, 2012, 11:16:29 pm »

According to the proposed plans, Hell must be sealed off from the fort in an area of identical proportion to that of our defensive perimeter around the surface. (ie: walling everything off up to the map edge.) As the Head Stoneworker and the one directly in charge of the workers, I am displeased by the so-far total lack of security measures and basic protection of our masons who will be responsible for the construction of these walls in these plans. After all, if they're dieing en-route to the construction zone, then they clearly aren't going to be constructing anything.

I propose that enclosed tunnels should be constructed over the floor of hell to at least get workers to the edges safely, and these tunnels be patrolled by highly trained and extremely well-equipped warriors. If it turns out the way that old legend of Swordthunders or whatever did, Hellcannon wouldn't have the staff or leadership to survive such a rate of attrition, and the project simply could not be completed.

Eric Blank has been struck down!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: January 23, 2012, 11:18:58 pm »

If we pull this off, this will be fantastic.

I for one think that rather than destroying FBs/titans/megabeasts we should attempt to capture them using silk covered traps and release them in hell as a big F-U to the demons... or don't they attack demons?

A collection of prisoners released outside the Hell Fort's borders to thin the population of demons during the building could be useful.
It'd be dangerous though.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: January 23, 2012, 11:19:46 pm »

It'd be dangerous though.

You're hired.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: January 23, 2012, 11:24:36 pm »

...Why do I get the feeling everyone's re-reading through the Checkerboard thread as a blueprint to future Hellcannon madness... ???
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 11:27:20 pm by ThatAussieGuy »

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: January 23, 2012, 11:28:47 pm »

Hellcannon and Swordthunders are deeply linked. Expect Weird Time Shit to go down.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: January 24, 2012, 12:38:08 am »

The timey wimey stuff I think is fine, as long as it doesn't go belly up like Parasol Corp did for Syrupleaf. :P

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: January 24, 2012, 12:49:02 am »

Hellcannon and Swordthunders are deeply linked. Expect Weird Time Shit to go down.

Oh no, no no.  Keep your insanity here where I can see it.  Besides, anything that turned up in Swordthunders during its prime would've either been slaughtered or immediately drafted into building the HellWalls.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: January 24, 2012, 12:56:18 am »

Why don't we just say that Hellcannon is the ultimate culmination of all DF universes into one and so amalgamates all canon into Aluonra/Xemorid.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: January 24, 2012, 03:47:29 am »

^
You're all nuts. Clearly Swordthunders is nothing but a fairy tale invented by the damned elves to scare dwarves away from digging too deep and constructing a hell-associated siege weapon of some sort. Coincidentally exactly what is happening here.
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 208