Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 797747 times)

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #1470 on: January 24, 2012, 04:31:14 am »

I hope there's not too much Weird Time Shit.
I've once again sort of lost track what the fuck is supposed to happen, with body sliders and hell colonization and so on.

This whole story is like a rotten fruit that I keep trying to grasp to sate myself, and it keeps slipping away through my bony fingers in a mushy mess that I can't make anything out of.

Epithemius

• Bay Watcher
  • [AFTERTHOUGHT:100]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: January 24, 2012, 05:33:10 am »

I've once again sort of lost track what the fuck is supposed to happen, with body sliders and hell colonization and so on.

This whole story is like a rotten fruit that I keep trying to grasp to sate myself, and it keeps slipping away through my bony fingers in a mushy mess that I can't make anything out of.
I agree. Also, I'm not sure if this has been said before, but updates should be mandatory. It's very confusing when we go 1-2 turns without any sort of news (excluding dwarfing) from a player.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: January 24, 2012, 05:41:07 am »

Well, come 2013/2014 when my turn finally comes up, I will write updates so long your response will be TL;DR!

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: January 24, 2012, 06:08:49 am »

Just for that I'll carefully analyze your post, criticize your use of words, how you describe everything and whether or not the interactions between yourself as the ruler and the dwarves is believable!

HA! This may or may not be related to the fact that I'm writing an essay about a 650 page book that I read in a day and half. Oh god am I stuffing this thing up too much? I should be writing that instead of this post I think I'll just stop no

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: January 24, 2012, 06:33:39 am »

Excuse me, but I did do a DIPLOMA in creative writing. :P

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: January 24, 2012, 07:54:05 am »

Then I expect you to dazzle me, all of us with your creative writing.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: January 24, 2012, 08:05:02 am »

Oh, Mego?  One other thing you should know about the Checkerboard;  The magma and water tanks each need to be HALF the size of the board, not the same size.  I forgot to account for the available space being halved due to the pattern.  (I originally worked around this mistake with a dwarf locked in the control chamber doing careful pouring)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: January 24, 2012, 09:16:31 am »

Oh gawd, Ieb, now I'm worried. :S

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: January 24, 2012, 10:30:49 am »

You should be more concerned about Mego building a complex engineering project involving both magma AND water that he got wrong once already.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: January 24, 2012, 12:04:14 pm »

Well, I now have no idea if Hellcannon will even survive until my turn, which is only two away.  I'm not sure if I should be disappointed that I might not get a chance to play with Hellcannon or excited at the possibility of being one of the first to play BFIV.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: January 24, 2012, 12:43:11 pm »

Provided we have a population of 10 stone workers in a fort of 100 with 20-30 military, this could work.

Welcome to Hellcannon, you must be new here. Please feel free to take a look around and curl up into a ball in the corner whimpering softly.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: January 24, 2012, 12:56:20 pm »

You should be more concerned about Mego building a complex engineering project involving both magma AND water that he got wrong once already.

That was Failcannon Prime right?

I'm still bummed that it turned out in the awesome reclaim thread that Failcannon Prime wouldn't have worked even if it had gotten finished.
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: January 24, 2012, 02:45:38 pm »

There were a lot of things in Failcannon that wouldn't have worked even if they had been continued. The STFO was one of them :P

However, I too wish to express how disapointed I am in the quality of updates, and also the insistance on meta-gaming and storytelling.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: January 24, 2012, 07:56:57 pm »

The story will make sense at the end. Trust me.

That was Failcannon Prime right?

I'm still bummed that it turned out in the awesome reclaim thread that Failcannon Prime wouldn't have worked even if it had gotten finished.

I had no part in Battlefailed or the FAILCANNON, nor did I participate in Failcannon (other than being active in the thread) and the STFO.

Also nothing can possibly go wrong. I'm using Aussie's blueprints.that I spilled coffee on

I think I have the whole pictures-not-working thing worked out. I should learn by now not to mess around with advanced settings in Linux.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: January 24, 2012, 08:09:02 pm »

Also nothing can possibly go wrong. I'm using Aussie's blueprints.  That I spilled coffee on.

It seems that ThatAussieDwarf left out two important layers of his blueprints. We are examining the site of the trap today to determine if the necessary changes can be made. If not, I will have him hanged.

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 208