Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 798795 times)

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #1755 on: February 28, 2012, 09:40:31 pm »

Aww yeah, I'm dead.  Now I can do stuff again, and I won't have to be slowed down by my missing arm and womanly frame.  Have I been buried/slabbed?  If not, that's fine; I'll happily take ghostliness over redorfing.  If I have been properly memorialized, though, then it's on to Gizogin IV.  There's no rush, especially since migrants seem to be a scarcity (though not as badly as they were during my turn, when the gates weren't even opened once).
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: February 29, 2012, 12:03:53 am »

Actually about 3/4 of the fortress is unclaimed. I don't THINK you got buried since we didn't have any coffins, but you definitely wound up in the topside refuse pile :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: February 29, 2012, 01:29:23 pm »

Was the next player warned that Eric's turn ended?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: February 29, 2012, 01:53:13 pm »

Well, I didn't... I suppose I should.

Alright, I PM'd noodle.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 01:55:06 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: February 29, 2012, 02:19:44 pm »

Wait a minute...  Did you actually disable my traps?  I certainly hope you didn't, because that would be a bad idea.

Now I wish I'd thought to set up some sort of double-failsafe, where a certain combination of the levers has to be pulled every month to prevent a massive magma flood.  Then you'd be screwed no matter what!  But alas, I didn't think to do that, and I'm not sure I'd know how anyway.
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: February 29, 2012, 08:57:39 pm »

Wait a minute...  Did you actually disable my traps?  I certainly hope you didn't, because that would be a bad idea.

Now I wish I'd thought to set up some sort of double-failsafe, where a certain combination of the levers has to be pulled every month to prevent a massive magma flood.  Then you'd be screwed no matter what!  But alas, I didn't think to do that, and I'm not sure I'd know how anyway.

What you want is a sacrificial pit with a pressure trap at the bottom.  Hook it up to a slow-spreading magma clock that will activate something fatal to the fort if it's not drained regularly by the sacrificial pit.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: February 29, 2012, 08:59:45 pm »

What you want is a sacrificial pit with a pressure trap at the bottom.  Hook it up to a slow-spreading magma clock that will activate something fatal to the fort if it's not drained regularly by the sacrificial pit.

If that is not done until my turn rolls around (which means quite some time from now) I'll do it. If I even remember it by then, of course.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: February 29, 2012, 09:18:18 pm »

Yes I actually had to inhibit the traps in order to test the levers effectively and safely. I honestly never found the upright spear/spike traps, though, until I pulled the lever for them.

I fail to see how this could possibly have negative side effects. :P
I make Spellcrafts!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: March 02, 2012, 04:57:10 pm »

How much time should we give noodle to answer if he is going to take his turn or not?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: March 02, 2012, 05:08:27 pm »

2-3 days seems fair for most succession games...
I make Spellcrafts!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: March 02, 2012, 05:09:42 pm »

2-3 days seems fair for most succession games...

2 days have already passed, that is why I asked in the first place.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: March 02, 2012, 06:24:26 pm »

Yeah... Kinda depressing.
I make Spellcrafts!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: March 02, 2012, 08:17:36 pm »

Yeah... Kinda depressing.

The Battlefailed Curse isn't so funny when it's back in the Hellcannon thread where it belongs, is it?  :P

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: March 02, 2012, 09:37:46 pm »

The more it hits the faster I get my turn, so I'm happy. :P

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: March 03, 2012, 04:20:46 am »

I'm bored, it's late, and there's no Hellcannon to keep me occupied.  I may as well go to bed.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 208