Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 798150 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #1995 on: March 24, 2012, 04:34:29 pm »

Yeah, I haven't got a single idea what caused the game to flip out like that. I did claim it's the 42th incarnation in summer's picdump. Guy disappeared from the unit list after all the deaths, so I just went with it, counted them up, and called it #42. Feel free to tone it down to #2 if you don't agree with my way of counting things.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: March 24, 2012, 04:38:19 pm »

Yeah, I haven't got a single idea what caused the game to flip out like that. I did claim it's the 42th incarnation in summer's picdump. Guy disappeared from the unit list after all the deaths, so I just went with it, counted them up, and called it #42. Feel free to tone it down to #2 if you don't agree with my way of counting things.

Actually, that makes it even more impressive.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: March 24, 2012, 10:20:11 pm »

Andreus ain't got shit on the immortal president.

Good read. Gizogin at least lived up to his name this time around. When he died at the end of Failcannon, he was hiding naked in his quarters from a swarm of bloodthirsty kobolds, and I only let him out to end the damn thing. Not exactly impressive or bad-ass. More like a scared child in a closet.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: March 24, 2012, 11:01:15 pm »

Good read. Gizogin at least lived up to his name this time around. When he died at the end of Failcannon, he was hiding naked in his quarters from a swarm of bloodthirsty kobolds, and I only let him out to end the damn thing. Not exactly impressive or bad-ass. More like a scared child in a closet.

He's not supposed to know that.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: March 25, 2012, 12:44:07 am »

Actually, that makes it even more impressive.

Unexplained weirdness ruining the life and afterlife of ill-fated dwarves?  This is Battlefailed, alright.

Xemorid's dispossessed spirits got stuck inside El Presidente, slowly suffering and slipping away from existence, spirit by spirit.  And El Presidente gets to experience every single demise as if it were somehow his own.  Poor sod.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: March 25, 2012, 12:49:58 am »

Maybe it's the Big Bad invisibly constricting their throats and torturing their minds causing them to die, and resurrecting them so he/she/it can do it all again.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: March 25, 2012, 01:14:36 am »

I got it, he died but his time in this world was not over, so he copied his body and rose again, but he forgot to make a head. Also he aint the quickest of learners so he tried again 40 more times.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: March 25, 2012, 01:43:36 am »

Wait; Lordslowpoke, you said the dwarven caravan attempted to bring wagons. Did you try to play this on the most recent version or something? I have NEVER heard of such a thing occuring in 31.25. Or the cycle of deaths and resurrections for that matter. Of course, I also understood that any version more recent than 31.25 simply cannot run a 31.25 save AT ALL. What the hell is going on here?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: March 25, 2012, 05:07:32 am »

I'm guessing the fucked up shit is due to playing on a newer version.
Also, my second turn is ever closer. Aw yeah. Here's to hoping it'll be after my exam week so I can actually focus and finish it on timely fashion, wouldn't want to hold this up by a few days so other people can have a turn too.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: March 25, 2012, 08:28:01 am »

Also, my second turn is ever closer. Aw yeah. Here's to hoping it'll be after my exam week so I can actually focus and finish it on timely fashion, wouldn't want to hold this up by a few days so other people can have a turn too.

Don't worry, at this rate your turn won't come up before Galena August.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: March 25, 2012, 08:49:38 am »

The wagons could be because someone used DF Hack to fix that glitch, but the revivals sound... ominous...
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: March 25, 2012, 11:02:39 am »

Clearly Hellcannon is a sentient and evil eldritch abomination and is bringing back the dead to prevent a follow-up to the cosmos-wrecking catastrophe that is Failcannon.

That's right kids. You scared the shit out of Yogg Sothoth.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: March 25, 2012, 11:25:10 am »

Clearly Hellcannon is a sentient and evil eldritch abomination and is bringing back the dead to prevent a follow-up to the cosmos-wrecking catastrophe that is Failcannon.

"Did You Just Scare The Shit Out of Cthulhu?"

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: March 25, 2012, 12:34:55 pm »

"Did You Just Scare The Shit Out of Cthulhu?"

Looks like we did...

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: March 25, 2012, 01:11:09 pm »

He's not supposed to know that.

But...
What?
 :'(
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 208