Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 798200 times)

MantisMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Say what you mean, mean what you say.
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #2010 on: March 25, 2012, 10:28:25 pm »

Requesting dorfing.

MantisMan - Axedwarf or Swordsdwarf - N/A - Clothing/Armour dyed green, if possible
How I usually build my fort.
We're all secretly mantises. Except that one guy. We're trolling the shit out of him.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: March 25, 2012, 11:45:08 pm »

Andreus ain't got shit on the immortal president.

Good read. Gizogin at least lived up to his name this time around. When he died at the end of Failcannon, he was hiding naked in his quarters from a swarm of bloodthirsty kobolds, and I only let him out to end the damn thing. Not exactly impressive or bad-ass. More like a scared child in a closet.

He's not supposed to know that.

But...
What?
 :'(

Unfortunately it's true. Your dorf decided to strip naked out of sheer dwarven stupidity and go hide in his room. I don't remember if I ordered him to hide in his room or if he was on break or what, but he didn't stand a chance after throwing off all his nice shiny adamantine armor.

Oh, and I'd also like another turn if you'd please. :D
If I'm lucky I'll inherit a screaming hell-hole with no chance to recover from it's miserable existance, then make it better somehow!

Also, mego, I think it may be appreciated by readers if you add links to the overseers' posts like Urist did for Failcannon. I can make it up so you can copy it over the turn list you have now, if you'd like. Reading through the entire thread just looking for an update must be miserable for casual readers...
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 03:12:34 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: March 26, 2012, 03:50:16 am »

At long last, it's my turn. I'll grab the save at work tomorrow; pretty sure I still have this version of DF there.
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: March 26, 2012, 04:21:25 am »

It's nice thing to know that our players have their priorities set straight.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: March 26, 2012, 10:12:28 am »

Here's a suggestion related to Eric's: remove the skipped players from the turn list, to save space.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: March 26, 2012, 02:09:36 pm »

Eric, if you would do that, I would love you forever in the least homosexual/homoerotic way possible.

Deathsword, that's something I considered in the past but just never did.

I have the next three days off from school due to a water pipe breaking and flooding 75% of my school, so I plan to get stuff done, like moving the dorfing lists to a pastebin and composing some music.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: March 26, 2012, 02:19:23 pm »

Well, alright.

Should your turn be included anyway, despite it being smothered in red ink? I know a whole lot of nothing interesting happened...

Wait; Dariush contributed as well. Damnit, Mego! Stop redding-out contributing overseers!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 02:53:57 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: March 26, 2012, 03:09:13 pm »

I made anyone who did not complete their turn red. Perhaps orange for partial completion instead?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: March 26, 2012, 03:19:28 pm »

No, It's all getting replaced anyway. I suppose I'll have to go back and enter your updates as well... I didn't notice anyone else missing besides you and Dariush.
I make Spellcrafts!

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: March 26, 2012, 03:42:30 pm »

LordSlowpoke's turn is complete; it is now mine.
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: March 26, 2012, 03:57:51 pm »

Alright, Here's the new turn list with links included. Took about 4 hours since my post last night, and excluding many, many distractions. Note that I didn't actually read all of it and so might have missed some tiny yet critical update, or gotten a link wrong somewhere. :-\

Just quote my post and copy-paste the list over the first 18 in the current list, and update Dark_T_Zeratul's to green.

1. Deathsword - 234567
2. Johuotar - 234
4. Strategia - 2345678910111213 - Joke quote - The Battle of Hellcannon, a la House of Leaves - 1516171819
7. The Master - 2 - Next page - 345 - Wait what? - And then everything else died - Game savescummed and turn ended without further update, because The Master was embarassed by the lack of interesting events.
9. Darvi - 2345
10. Ieb - 23456
11. Mego - 23456789
13. Gizogin - 23456789
14. Eric Blank - 23456 - Most productive period any succession game has ever witnessed, ever. And consequently the most boring...
17. Dariush - 2345678 - Most destructive period Hellcannon has ever witnessed. Crippled the newly-founded militia before they even got their feet off the ground and then wondered why they all died. Makes us all proud.
18. LordSlowpoke - 234
I make Spellcrafts!

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: March 26, 2012, 04:26:13 pm »

*snip*

Hellcannon now has a new historian.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: March 27, 2012, 12:28:16 am »

Out of curiosity, do I have an incarnation running around?
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: March 27, 2012, 05:10:44 pm »

These are the current dwarves:
Eric II, Head Stonecrafter
Mego V, Chaos Crafter
I, Stoneworker
Kar Puwuncobi XLII, El Presidente
Tasrak, Priest of Armok
Ahrimahn, Stoneworker
Kaamanen II, Mystic Architect
Epithemius II, The Doctor
CatalystParadox, Slightly Odd
Andreus XVII, The Immortal
Halbezbin Smoegret, Weaponsmith
Rom Thimeth, Chief Medical Dwarf
Strategia II, Prophet of Cheese
Tryrar, Goremaster
Ghills, Soldier
Rridgway II, First Victim of the Failday
Caquat Shibbi, Militia Officer
Stormtemplar the 2nd, Spinner
Slime, Fleshsmith

Deathsword, Mechanic
ThatAussieDwarf, Scheming Engineer

Terrahex, Soldier
Urist Imiknorris III, Axecutioner
The Master, Eternal Magnificent Bastard

Remale IV, Dwarven Child
Ledi VI, Crazy Cat Lady

These are the newly dwarfed dwarves and their gender/profession prior to being dwarfed:
Zeratul, Dark Templar (M Soldier)
Gizogin IV, Resident Badass (M Axedwarf)

Kitkun II, Quietly Watching (F Dwarven Child)
DevilEd II, Cultist of Croctopus (M Dwarven Child)

There is a surplus of:
Three Dwarven Children
One Dwarven Baby

Which, I believe, leaves the following dwarves to be dwarfed when there are appropriate dwarves for dwarfing:
Ogrin II - Spear Dwarf - Eye Poker - Something badass/lone wolf style
Eric II, male only - Highest available agility, other good attributes nice - title: Head Stoneworker - Only mining, masonry, engraving, and architecture enabled
Conchobar III - Axedwarf/Siege Engineer - Revengineer - N/A
arcangelsd II - (I would prefer to be a mechanic) - !!Nuclear!! engineer - N/A
The Counselor - no gender preference - Doctor - N/A
Tasrak - Mason/Stonecrafter - Priest of Armok - N/A
Axen - Any adult dwarf, preferably to become a stoneworker mason like Reudh II - Long Lost - N/A

If you are not in the above list and have asked to be dwarfed, please ask again; I'm not going back through the thread to try and figure out who was dwarfed and died and who was just skipped.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 04:26:59 am by Dark_T_Zeratul »

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: March 27, 2012, 05:35:11 pm »

Just started taking a serious look around the fortress, trying to figure out what's happening and what's going on and what needs to be done... And I found a room with - and this isn't an exaggeration - A HUNDRED LEVERS. Most are off. Several are on. Only three are labeled.

There's also six Forgotten Beasts and a cave ogre several levels deep into the magma who's on fire and missing most of his body parts yet somehow has not yet died.

Armok help us.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 05:39:00 pm by Dark_T_Zeratul »
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 208