Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 785387 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #2025 on: March 27, 2012, 05:37:31 pm »

Just started taking a serious look around the fortress, trying to figure out what's happening and what's going on and what needs to be done... And I found a room with - and this isn't an exaggeration - A HUNDRED LEVERS. Most are off. Several are on. Only three are labeled.

Armok help us.

Armok help us indeed, for we have sinned mightily. All the levers should be on.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: March 27, 2012, 05:46:45 pm »

Journal of Zeratul, Dark Templar, 1st Granite, 214

I woke up today, and my memories were gone.

That's not entirely true. I remember bits and pieces... Fragments, as though the highlights of my life were being told by another. And not just my life, but the lives of everyone who lived in Hellcannon. I am not sure what has transpired, but I have this feeling that I should be dead, and yet... Here I am, alive and with a body that I do not think was previously my own. I had no time to fully comprehend the magnitude of these events, however, as Kar Puwuncobi XLII came into my room and told me it was "my turn." When I asked what he meant, he laughed, then shook his head, placed a scroll on top of my dresser, and left. As I read through it, a flood of horrible memories rushed back to me as I realized what he meant. The lottery had been drawn, and my name came up.

This year, I would run Hellcannon.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 05:48:21 pm by Dark_T_Zeratul »
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: March 27, 2012, 05:57:57 pm »

Journal of Eric, Head Stoneworker of Hellcannon and Master of Ethereal Associations.

It's the dawn of a new year. Time for those who've survived another year in this hellhole to party themselves into a stupor while the new overseer gets his bearings, including myself! The party will have plenty of floorspace this year, though, seeing as how there are so few of us left that survived the last two years of disaster. I suppose I only survived because my job keeps me in new cosntruction and excavation zones, away from trouble. That old book has kept me company quite well through the chaos, and has been very enlightening. I think it's time to really get the paranormal wagon rolling, and figure out how I'm going to avoid going insane or slipping away into the afterlife if I die again. It's all in the book...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: March 27, 2012, 06:48:55 pm »

Deathsword's Log

So, I woke up on this new body. Again. I think I lost count of how many bodies I've ended up in this way. Either way, people seem to have taken the sudden change in behaviour of this body as a sign that I am a goblin spy. Which, truth be told, is ridiculous. I am certainly not a goblin spy. Nor will I ever be one. Nor have I ever been one. No, indeed I have never had any association with goblins at all. Any claim to the opposite is clearly a lie created by someone that would like to see me out of their way. Whatever that way may be. In fact, said way has nothing to do with goblins. At all. Despite great evindence pointing otherwise.

So. In short. Not a goblin spy.

End of Log.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: March 27, 2012, 07:45:36 pm »

Diary of DevilEd
Today I saw a funny looking thing in the caves, daddy said to just ignore it. I found a rock on the floor today too, it has the initials D.E. on it, those are my initials too. I kept the rock.

(woo being a little kid)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: March 27, 2012, 07:52:29 pm »

Dark_T_Zeratul, could you please change my profession to "Not a goblin spy"? It wasn't changed during the dorfing wave.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: March 27, 2012, 07:53:10 pm »

Dark_T_Zeratul, could you please change my profession to "Not a goblin spy"? It wasn't changed during the dorfing wave.
Got it, and updated my previous post.

4th of Granite, 214

I've spent the last four days getting acquainted with the fortress. What I've found is... Well, rather disturbing.

*There are no less than six forgotten beasts prowling around in the caverns.
*The ghosts of eleven of our former citizens are still haunting the fortress.
*There is an undead cave ogre on fire in the magma that is somehow not dead-dead.
*One room contains over a hundred levers. Three are labeled. I'm scared to touch the others.
*Stormtemplar the 2nd is sitting in the dining room, loudly complaining that he can't pick anything up because both of his hands are missing.

Also, the skeletal wildlife are still a problem. Kaamanen II wandered outside to do... Something... And got gored by a pack of skeletal reindeer bulls. Some of the others have given the big one a name, which means it's probably time to send the military to do something about it.

You know what? If I'm the one who has to be managing this madness for the next year, then dammit I'm going to make it worth my while. I'm having the miners carve out a nice big tomb for me at the end of the new catacomb wing. I know I can never survive this place (no one does), but at least I can die in style.
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: March 27, 2012, 07:55:15 pm »

Please read Dariush's updates before deciding to send the miltia out.

Or better, don't.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: March 27, 2012, 08:02:36 pm »

*There is an undead cave ogre on fire in the magma that is somehow not dead-dead.

He dropped in while the First Battle of Hellcannon was winding down, during my turn. He's just been down there, on fire, ever since. He's like our good-luck charm, so long as that Skeletal Blind Cave Ogre is happily sitting at the bottom of the magma sea Hellcannon cannot fall :P

.....that actually kinda works, can somebody get that into the lore?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: March 27, 2012, 08:03:35 pm »

He dropped in while the First Battle of Hellcannon was winding down, during my turn. He's just been down there, on fire, ever since. He's like our good-luck charm, so long as that Skeletal Blind Cave Ogre is happily sitting at the bottom of the magma sea Hellcannon cannot fall :P

Talk to the historian. And TAD. He kinda runs things around here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: March 27, 2012, 08:05:31 pm »

Speaking about history...

The one reason I haven't yet uploaded the Battlefailed Archive (does not include Hellcannon. I'll wait for it to end before doing adding it.) is because I feel it is still quite messy. And could use an index of sorts. And I am somewhat intimidated by the task of indexing that monster.

So it's more like three reasons.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: March 27, 2012, 08:05:54 pm »

Of course! It's in the magma sea, that makes it the only denizen of the fortress TAD can't bribe, convert, corrupt, or otherwise reach!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: March 27, 2012, 08:07:25 pm »

Of course! It's in the magma sea, that makes it the only denizen of the fortress TAD can't bribe, convert, corrupt, or otherwise reach!
I bet someone is going to drop a cave-in on top of that ogre just because of that.

And if it is still pseudo-alive when my turn rolls around, I'll do it myself.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: March 27, 2012, 08:16:04 pm »

Aww... I was thinking about doing that.

Have my dorf engineer a floor suspended above it's head by nothing but a support, and licked to a lever more than 7 tiles and one wall away. Just for sport.

Also, I intend to continue work on that Epic of Aluonra at some point. Spring break is the most wonderful time of the year...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: March 27, 2012, 08:43:59 pm »

Speaking about history...

The one reason I haven't yet uploaded the Battlefailed Archive (does not include Hellcannon. I'll wait for it to end before doing adding it.) is because I feel it is still quite messy. And could use an index of sorts. And I am somewhat intimidated by the task of indexing that monster.

So it's more like three reasons.

Do like the Australians do: Upload it, and have someone else do it for you.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 208