Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 796121 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25)
« Reply #2550 on: June 04, 2012, 10:40:54 pm »

So send El Glorioso Presidente to clear the surface.  You set up a road with walls protecting it all the way to the map edge and call it a day forevermore.
Then he becomes very unhappy due to extended time in the military, goes berserk and kills everyone. And everyone lived happily ever after.

So we train him.  We take our immortal and put him through hell till he's utterly amoral and night-indestructable.  Then we turn him loose on the world at large.

This sounds familiar...

seanhl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: June 04, 2012, 10:54:06 pm »

well, it has been a while since anyone referenced that thread... why do I get the horrible feeling reading ANYTHING on Bay12 is going completely against my hypothesis on video games not affecting peoples mentalities significantly I wrote my senior paper on?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: June 04, 2012, 11:59:22 pm »

You've got it backwards. We play the game because we are twisted and psychopathic, not the other way around.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: June 05, 2012, 01:16:34 am »

You've got it backwards. We play the game because we are twisted and psychopathic, not the other way around.

Quiet you.  You made me laugh while I was sewing puppies into slippers.  Those little buggers fidget enough as-is.

We should set up a one-dwarf training gym just for our glorious president.  Make him pump, dodge and be emotionally crippled until he doesn't even care that he can single-handedly kill anything he lays eyes on.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 09:54:58 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: June 05, 2012, 07:14:46 am »

Quite you.  You made me laugh while I was sewing puppies into slippers.  Those little buggers fidget enough as-is.

We should set up a one-dwarf training gym just for our glorious president.  Make him pump, dodge and be emotionally crippled until he doesn't even care that he can single-handedly kill anything he lays eyes on.

Again, that sounds like Dwarven Child Care, minus the child part.

Quick question, does El Presidente have any relationships (family or otherwise) with other living dwarves? A tantrum spiral after opening the HFS because we sent an immortal to Hell would not be ideal.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: June 05, 2012, 09:20:29 am »

Yea, I got the save. But I don't have a lot of spare time lately, so I'm still in the "What the hell I'm looking at" phase. I mean, I'm still overseeing the maze that is hellcannon in order to see how much I can salvage of it.
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: June 05, 2012, 11:16:03 am »

Yea, I got the save. But I don't have a lot of spare time lately, so I'm still in the "What the hell I'm looking at" phase. I mean, I'm still overseeing the maze that is hellcannon in order to see how much I can salvage of it.

This sounds... interesting. Did Hellcannon ever reach the level of insanity of the previous two forts in layout? Granted I was surprised when Failcannon became as convoluted as it did. I mean Battlefailed had the excuse of forming an upper fort and then later retreating further underground. Failcannon had no excuse for being as crazy as it was... except for "plain and simple" madness.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: June 05, 2012, 11:25:06 am »

This sounds... interesting. Did Hellcannon ever reach the level of insanity of the previous two forts in layout? Granted I was surprised when Failcannon became as convoluted as it did. I mean Battlefailed had the excuse of forming an upper fort and then later retreating further underground. Failcannon had no excuse for being as crazy as it was... except for "plain and simple" madness.

Yeah, on my turn I didn't even try to make sense of the tunnels, I'd just follow dorfs around to find where stuff was.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

seanhl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: June 05, 2012, 07:51:00 pm »

but wait I'm confused, did I get redorfed and immediately killed afterwards, or was that the story of my first dwarf getting killed again?

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: June 06, 2012, 04:35:56 am »

but wait I'm confused, did I get redorfed and immediately killed afterwards, or was that the story of my first dwarf getting killed again?

You got re-killed.  Apparently being named "seanhl" is tantamount to a death sentence.  Or... maybe that was just the fate of everyone in a military profession on my turn...

If anything I found Hellcannon more convoluted than Failcannon.  Lots of large areas that had been blocked off so you had to ignore them in tracing navigation... lots of stairs going up then down then up then down again just to get from one place to another.  And overall just more spread out across levels.  Failcannon was crazy, but it was a brand of crazy that eventually made a kind of sense to me.  Hellcannon, not so much.

Though that may be a saving grace with the clowns.  They seem to hesitate a lot before deciding where they are going.

Quick question, does El Presidente have any relationships (family or otherwise) with other living dwarves? A tantrum spiral after opening the HFS because we sent an immortal to Hell would not be ideal.

... yes it would, what are you talking about!?
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: June 06, 2012, 05:56:23 am »

What if we locked our glorious president in a private waterfall-filled bedroom made of gold and his favourite metals while systematically killing off his friends and loved ones in a series of 'accidents'?  It should render him uncaring about anything while remaining utterly ecstatic.

...This may be one of the most terrible ideas I've ever suggested for a community fortress... :-\

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: June 06, 2012, 06:54:55 am »

Now we just have to figure out your true motives behind this idea.

Unless that's what you want us to think.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: June 06, 2012, 07:08:25 am »

...This may be one of the most terrible best ideas I've ever suggested for a community fortress...
FTFY
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: June 06, 2012, 01:45:25 pm »

If anything I found Hellcannon more convoluted than Failcannon.  Lots of large areas that had been blocked off so you had to ignore them in tracing navigation... lots of stairs going up then down then up then down again just to get from one place to another.  And overall just more spread out across levels.  Failcannon was crazy, but it was a brand of crazy that eventually made a kind of sense to me.  Hellcannon, not so much.
Failcannon doesn't make sense, it drives long-time viewers insane to such a degree that they understand it. It's a memetic effect and all three forts could probably qualify as SCPs.

Also that quote needs to be in the OP.

Though that may be a saving grace with the clowns.  They seem to hesitate a lot before deciding where they are going.
I seem to remember a bunch of Forgotten Beasts had pathing trouble in Failcannon too.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: June 06, 2012, 07:47:48 pm »

Actually, the basic 'clown car' program is an inordinately simple "go up by the simplest path possible" command.  Hellcannon and Failcannon's tunnels are just so inordinately complex that they're too difficult to work out the cheapest route to the surface.
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 208