Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 797390 times)

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25)
« Reply #2610 on: June 08, 2012, 01:34:08 pm »

That pillar is connected to a lever in the Hall of Spite. AKA bigass room of levers everyone is rightfully scared of.

Just a tip.
Pull all levers! All of them!
Time to pull all of them. It can only get funnier anyways, why not speeding the proccess?
Hell, now I'm in the mood of pulling some schrödinger's levers. I'll post the results tonight. (FYI, where I live is 18:39)

Maybe the correct combination of lever pulls will pour magma over the clowns and obsidianize them :-).

(incidently, did I ever get dorf'ed?)
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: June 08, 2012, 02:14:49 pm »

Yes, they now "control" the third and second cavern floors, the magma forges , the panic room and nearly everything in between.
I have a plan to trap some of them, if somebody wants to have some demon pets. Actually I think two of them ARE isolated, but in a rather large area.

Strange, I had no such problems short of being incapable of flooring over the magma forges in time. Did you make sure to cancel dwarves' jobs and disable all other labors judiciously when designating walls?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: June 08, 2012, 02:26:46 pm »

Yes, they now "control" the third and second cavern floors, the magma forges , the panic room and nearly everything in between.
I have a plan to trap some of them, if somebody wants to have some demon pets. Actually I think two of them ARE isolated, but in a rather large area.

Strange, I had no such problems short of being incapable of flooring over the magma forges in time. Did you make sure to cancel dwarves' jobs and disable all other labors judiciously when designating walls?
Yes, I did. And the magma forges are connected to the third cavern level, and then are connected to the second cavern level via an empty volcano chimney. I didn't even attempt to floor over the forges : /
And for some reason, when trying to desginate a wall to seal the panic room, dwarves just refused to do any work. Everyone was "idle", so I walled a closer path and everything worked fine.
Also "everything in between" is only a z-level, nothing important.

Maybe the correct combination of lever pulls will pour magma over the clowns and obsidianize them :-).
(incidently, did I ever get dorf'ed?)
No. That honour goes to Ineverrememberhisname, formerly known as seanhl.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 02:28:27 pm by arcangelsd »
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: June 08, 2012, 04:54:58 pm »

I forgot to mention, I uploaded a new version of the archive (still not finished editing it).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: June 08, 2012, 05:59:50 pm »

EDIT: Mego, that is going into the archive. Might even make it the epilogue once this ends.

That pillar is connected to a lever in the Hall of Spite. AKA bigass room of levers everyone is rightfully scared of.

Just a tip.
Time to pull all of them. It can only get funnier anyways, why not speeding the proccess?
Hell, now I'm in the mood of pulling some schrödinger's levers. I'll post the results tonight. (FYI, where I live is 18:39)

Looks like it won't be long now.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: June 08, 2012, 07:03:37 pm »

EDIT: Mego, that is going into the archive. Might even make it the epilogue once this ends.

Just a tip.

I had a better (bastard-er) idea. I will wait until the end of my turn, then pull ALL the levers and leave to the next poor bastard the task of sorting it out.
It will be my testament to this fortress.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: June 08, 2012, 08:16:14 pm »

Just a tip.

I had a better (bastard-er) idea. I will wait until the end of my turn, then pull ALL the levers and leave to the next poor bastard the task of sorting it out.
It will be my testament to this fortress.

That will be great! It will totally suck for whoever is next.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: June 08, 2012, 08:51:38 pm »

<snip>

That will be great! It will totally suck for whoever is next.

I see what you did there.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: June 08, 2012, 09:59:48 pm »

I'm fairly certain pulling all the levers would do nothing to the fortress that hasn't already happened.  Sure, you might get some lava spillage, maybe a few collapsed ceilings and spikes shooting out of the floor, but I doubt it'll be any worse than the demons and general insanity already running rampant.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: June 09, 2012, 04:20:26 am »

I'm fairly certain pulling all the levers would do nothing to the fortress that hasn't already happened.  Sure, you might get some lava spillage, maybe a few collapsed ceilings and spikes shooting out of the floor, but I doubt it'll be any worse than the demons and general insanity already running rampant.
You may be right; given the actual state of the fortress, a little more chaos may go unnoticed. Change of plan: I'll add some levers of my own, THEN pull all of them.
And use the clowns as target practice. I don't know but I find it somewhat hilarious xD

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: June 09, 2012, 02:16:51 pm »

Due to how things are turning out in this turn, it'll be a... "special edition" in the archive.

It's uploading now, I'll edit this when it's done, have Fun. Just scroll down to the (current) last parts of Hellcannon.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 02:21:03 pm by Deathsword »
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: June 09, 2012, 03:59:06 pm »

Consider this my first update in the index, please.

Metaphysical Log of Dead Engineer arcangelsd

It was totally not worth it. I knew that going back from a happy afterlife to have a look at HellCannon wasn’t going to pay off. But I did. Curiosity won at the end.

So well, I came back to this aptly named hellhole, what I did found? That it had become a LITERAL hellhole, that is. So after I composed myself, I found that the one responsible for all this, CatalystParadox, had just died. Hoo boy he did get scot-free off this situation.

I hijacked someone’s mind and started yelling people and urging them to build walls blocking several passageways. Unfortunately, those numbskulled bastards were too busy carrying shit for one place to another, so I told them to cancel every other labor they were allowed to do, and start building walls for all that’s worth it. Worried, I looked for the demons. Surprisingly, upon finding them, I didn’t feel any fear. I suppose it’s related to the fact that the parts of me that made me feel fear rotted away a long time ago. Whatever. Back to the demons, they were busy killing an ogre down in the middle of the magma sea. Wait, what. What the hell is doing a skogre there? Screw it, it’s buying us some precious time.

I went back to the walls, in order to check the progress. Everything was done, save a glaring hole that went down to the panic room. I possessed Catalyst’s mind again, and asked for the reason why those walls weren’t being built.  Someone that I haven’t met before said “Lad, you told us to build walls quick,  and the nearest building material to ‘dis place is bronze, but you told us to build them with stone, so we can’t build those walls because they ain’t  planned for being made from stone”. What. Frustrated, I ordered those walls to be built from stone, and then left to check for more possible ways inside our fortress. While I was on it, I saw TAD running around with a pile of clothes and thread, but for some reason, when I saluted him, he ran away like I was the devil. Funny bloke, this TAD. Must be plannin’ one of his obscure antics, or something like that.

Again, I came back to the forges, to oversee the progress, only to find that the works had progressed in the incredibly amount of… nothing. “Weird noises down the magma chute are scaring the workers off” they said. HOLY ARMOK MAGMA IS A HIGH DENSITY LIQUID HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN. I ordered them to get away, because I could feel the demons getting close. Advantages of being a supernatural entity, I guess. I drove my vessel up the stairs. He was feeling increasingly agitated. Maybe I should leave him alone, before he goes nuts. Speaking of going nuts, Deathsword is running up&down the stairs, half-naked, with a pick in his hands, and a miserable look on his face. I should look after him soon, before some calamity happens.

I sailed from my vessel, and went to the magma forges. Well, the ex-magma forges, now “demon party hall”. Did I mention that it’s completely in fire? I had no idea that lead could catch fire. Oh, now they are on the third cavern level, and just killed all the FBs down there. I’ll give them a medal later. They also set fire to the ENTIRE cavern, but hey, no more FBs. Then, I got the feeling of some living entity in heavy pain. I rushed there, only to find some fire demons ripping apart a cat. A cat that is currently near a staircase that leads to the insides of the fortress. WHY MR. PUSSYWHISKHERS, WHY? WHAT HAVE WE DONE TO YOUhey, where are those demons going? Another cat? Why those parts of the fortress are seemingly flooded with cats? Well, fortunately those brickheads managed to seal that last passage in time.

To sum it up: we opened Hell, we lost our forges, the third cavern level, a panic room and two cats. Fair trade.

A few days later, I noticed the presence of an exceptional individual: Kar Puwuncobi, The Glorious President, of which were being told rumors of being completely immortal. I decided to test them. I’ll give him the best armor and weapons that HellCannon has ever made, and train him in the secret dwarven way of the “danger room”.

On other unrelated news, I found a isolated bridge over an hospital that is full of cats standing on it. That would explain why La Loca de los Gatos keeps saying that she had new friends, despite being a baby.

Well, that’s what I have done in this place for now. Maybe I’ll be around there a little more. That hilariously big room of levers is surprisingly attractive. I may do something with it. For science, of course.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: June 11, 2012, 09:12:48 pm »

I sailed from my vessel, and went to the magma forges. Well, the ex-magma forges, now “demon party hall”. Did I mention that it’s completely in fire? I had no idea that lead could catch fire.

So, we have a room full of flaming lead, magma, and demons?

... Now all that remains is to kill elves with it.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: June 11, 2012, 09:41:19 pm »

I sailed from my vessel, and went to the magma forges. Well, the ex-magma forges, now “demon party hall”. Did I mention that it’s completely in fire? I had no idea that lead could catch fire.

So, we have a room full of flaming lead, magma, and demons?

... Now all that remains is to kill elves with it.

Damn. That may end up being the death trap for the elves in the post-fortress time.

Also Aussie get to work on designs for a counter for elf caravan deaths.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: June 11, 2012, 10:15:37 pm »

We'd just need a counter that would increase every spring. A clock tuned to turn once per year?
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 208