Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 796277 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25)
« Reply #2760 on: July 10, 2012, 02:56:01 am »

The next guy will get 80% of the population killed through negligence, regardless of and detrimental to the massive improvements you achieved in your time, if my turn is an example. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: July 10, 2012, 06:48:57 am »

And then it's my turn.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: July 10, 2012, 11:07:25 am »

The next guy will get 80% of the population killed through negligence, regardless of and detrimental to the massive improvements you achieved in your time, if my turn is an example. :P

Does that take into account the average of 45% casualties expected through my worksite negligence and accidents?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: July 10, 2012, 11:22:36 am »

Maybe not...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

armeggedonCounselor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: July 10, 2012, 12:36:24 pm »

Well, obviously, any turn that something goes right, the next turn the overseer pulls all the levers in the big room marked "DO NOT TOUCH, FOR THE LOVE OF ARMOK!" And thus, Fun happens. Maybe the lever releases all the cats from their cages, maybe they release the Happy Fun Stuff, maybe they just randomly raise or lower all the bridges in the fortress at just the right time to crush Urist McIncrediblyPopular, Urist McManicDeppressive's 14 cats, and the baby of Urist McIncrediblyPowerfulChampion.

That's why succession fortresses are the most fun to play or read.
Quote from: Stargrasper
It's an incredibly useful technique that will crash the computer if you aren't careful with it.
That really describes any programming.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: July 10, 2012, 03:59:45 pm »

Well, obviously, any turn that something goes right, the next turn the overseer pulls all the levers in the big room marked "DO NOT TOUCH, FOR THE LOVE OF ARMOK!" And thus, Fun happens. Maybe the lever releases all the cats from their cages, maybe they release the Happy Fun Stuff, maybe they just randomly raise or lower all the bridges in the fortress at just the right time to crush Urist McIncrediblyPopular, Urist McManicDeppressive's 14 cats, and the baby of Urist McIncrediblyPowerfulChampion.
Or the next player will turn the project of their predecessor into a doomsday device.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: July 10, 2012, 04:05:23 pm »

Or throwaway the control levers/notes for using some important part of the fortress. Or fill a whole room with levers, none of which are labelled and thus crippling the fortress because all the controls to the gates and such are in there.

At that point it's plenty of ‼FUN‼.
I make Spellcrafts!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: July 10, 2012, 04:08:37 pm »

Or throwaway the control levers/notes for using some important part of the fortress. Or fill a whole room with levers, none of which are labelled and thus crippling the fortress because all the controls to the gates and such are in there.
I actually did that for the gate lever in Failcannon. Then added a trap lever with a note saying it was the gate one. Then Failday happened and my sabotage was turned useless.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: July 10, 2012, 05:02:03 pm »

I turned the fortress into several pointless doomsday devices, well, with some help. Does that count?
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: July 10, 2012, 05:18:19 pm »

You've done all this stuff, and you haven't said anything about how you've done it...
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: July 10, 2012, 05:25:09 pm »

You've done all this stuff, and you haven't said anything about how you've done it...
I wanted to keep some secrecy, and there wasn't anything interesting happening apart from my constructs. But long story short, I jury-rigged several deathtraps (more) to the Hall of Spite, and I'm planning of setting them off tonight. Sorry, EmeralWind, you'll hate me, once you get some way of getting rid of the water that may or may not be laced with FB secretions.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: July 10, 2012, 05:26:07 pm »

We don't shoot ourselves in the foot!  That implies that we have the presence of mind to carry a loaded weapon, which clearly isn't the case.  The Battlefailed saga is so dangerous that a weapon would make logical sense, so we obviously must not have one. 

No, what we do is much more akin to dipping our collective foot into magma, realizing that it burns horribly, then sticking it back in repeatedly out of spite.

I imagine it more like this.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: July 10, 2012, 06:33:34 pm »

Ok. It's late winter. I'm pulling the levers (all of them) and proceeding to save the game. Sadly, my last update and the save will be posted on thursday, because that day it's my last exam and I want to totally ace that thing.
It's everybody alright with this?
Sorry for being a drag, and for hoarding the save for that long, I'll do my best job on the update this thursday! ; )
(You're also alright with exploding children, are you not?)

Aaand it's done. It took me more than 5 minutes to flag all the levers to be pulled. I had an idea. I will take the save-before-levergeddon too, so you can enjoy the destruction too :D
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:40:04 pm by arcangelsd »

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: July 10, 2012, 06:43:38 pm »

That's actually disappointing. We expect more from you.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: July 10, 2012, 06:48:05 pm »

That's actually disappointing. We expect more from you.
Actually, I'm not sure about what is going to happen. Hilarity for sure.
The children are just collateral damage.

But a thing is for sure. If everything of what I installed works(and everything of what was installed works), Failday is going to look like firecrackers in comparison with this.
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 208