Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 798496 times)

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25)
« Reply #2805 on: July 11, 2012, 07:20:34 am »

Well, it seems I missed a fairly large discussion.  I'm still catching up, but I can offer my meager modding experience to whatever we decide to add to the next fort.  A civ of dark versions of ourselves?  I could help with that.  Especially since I'm likely partly responsible, what with all my reality-tampering.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: July 11, 2012, 07:47:18 am »

Queen Led would make a fitting deity for the dead. Making a civ out of the overseers from the first three forts that attacks the next fort? Awesome.

Perhaps we could say that, in order to make ourselves perfectly good, we completely banished the evil from ourselves. That evil became our shadow selves, formed a civ, and started wreaking havoc on life, the universe, and everything. Unfortunately, that would require us to actually plan a fort's design so that it looks like a citadel of righteousness instead of a massive, chaotic clusterfuck.

Dwarven righteousness is a massive, chaotic clusterfuck. Also, I think it's unfitting(in this fortress saga at least) to limit the players to a certain method of gameplay and fort design just for the sake of plot. These things are better when they evolve on their own and through the individual approach of each overseer.

As a possible suggestion to the next fort and potential new foes, why not have the enemy compose of all the species who have had members killed in the fort, through accident or hostile intention? Dwarves, human, elves and goblins. I think kobolds are extinct though. Can't remember. Rare caste members which are just resurrected megabeasts and/or titans killed in previous forts as well perhaps?

Then again, such a feature would just be nitpicking so I'm not going to lie and say it's something to add because it'd be a great idea. Since I'm a perfectionist at random intervals though, if it was up to me, I'd make a hostile civ that composed of all previously mentioned species just because it fit some reason along the lines of "Finally unleashed, Queen Led's undead horde marches forth" or something ridiculous like that. It might be unneeded complexity though.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: July 11, 2012, 08:45:17 am »

Kobolds actually appeared in Failcannon (and then helped kill it), but I guess Hellcannon is too cold for them.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: July 11, 2012, 09:59:35 am »

I'm still VERY enthused for the idea of an embark here:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=64258.msg2659472#msg2659472

Star-shaped island in a lake in a mountain range.  Home of the Gods of Aluonra?
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: July 11, 2012, 10:09:52 am »

I'm in favor.  Definitely a cool-looking place to build a fort.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: July 11, 2012, 01:47:40 pm »

That lake and the one to the north-west of it still exist, although the island in that one is no longer star-shaped and is now more with the secluded area to the south. It actually looks a bitlike Australia

Spoiler: massive ASCII map (click to show/hide)

The north-western mountain range is sufficiently evil, as is the lake to the north of that round one. It's also nearly split in two...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 01:49:20 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: July 11, 2012, 03:56:25 pm »

The two problems with making a fort in that secluded island are these: Not an evil region and no sieges. This means there'll be nearly no threats at all. That is undesirable when trying to build another fort-shaped abomination.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: July 11, 2012, 04:38:51 pm »

The two problems with making a fort in that secluded island are these: Not an evil region and no sieges. This means there'll be nearly no threats at all. That is undesirable when trying to build another fort-shaped abomination.

I haven't experimented much with cavern civs, but would those be an option?

Also, I suppose you could mod in some sort of ubiquitous vermin whose bite transmits a Husk syndrome.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: July 11, 2012, 04:46:40 pm »

Since people were talking about mods earlier... I tend to be a proponent of the fewer, the better in succession forts, so that you don't get weird things happening with inconsistencies in who does or doesn't have certain mods.
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: July 11, 2012, 05:10:17 pm »

Since people were talking about mods earlier... I tend to be a proponent of the fewer, the better in succession forts, so that you don't get weird things happening with inconsistencies in who does or doesn't have certain mods.

Um? Since 31.01, each save folder has had its own raws/ folder packed inside it, so unless I've misunderstood something horribly that shouldn't be a problem.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: July 11, 2012, 07:49:05 pm »

Kobolds actually appeared in Failcannon (and then helped kill it), but I guess Hellcannon is too cold for them.

Quick fade to goblin in the past saying, "They'll never be rid of us until Hell(cannon) freezes over!"
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: July 11, 2012, 09:49:28 pm »

That lake and the one to the north-west of it still exist, although the island in that one is no longer star-shaped and is now more with the secluded area to the south. It actually looks a bitlike Australia

Australia

That makes it even more fitting for the Land of the Gods. We might as well acknowledge that TAD is a deity.

Also if we embark there, we need kangaroos modded in.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: July 11, 2012, 10:52:11 pm »

It actually looks a bit like Australia

All According To Plan...

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: July 11, 2012, 11:25:05 pm »

I think kangaroos are actually modded in already, at least my fort in 0.34.11 has giant kangaroos around at times. What we need is all the else that Australia has to offer, in all of their glorious venomous glory!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: July 11, 2012, 11:37:51 pm »

That would not be too hard at all. I could come up with a list of creatures that could be easily just copied over from existing raws, if you like.
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 208