Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 785522 times)

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25)
« Reply #2835 on: July 12, 2012, 08:19:43 am »

Anyway, it's Thursday, so arcangelsd should be telling us all about the exploding kids in a few hours. That might be the weirdest sentence I have ever typed.

I have noticed that every day I read on the Bay 12 forums at least one or two sentences that I feel confident had never been uttered before.
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: July 12, 2012, 09:12:54 am »

I'd think adding new creatures ought to be kept to a minimum, but large herds of man-sized funnelweb spiders plagueing the world would be a nice touch.

Anybody got a reaction that successfully outputs bone blocks? That one form Battlefailed does not, in fact, work.

here is the state of the descriptor shapes file as of present:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Maybe include Thoth. He was rather prevalent in some of the back-story here and there. And I used him in my mini-story of the reset to explain how the souls from Failday ended up in the reset world. Maybe we can make him into a sort of Zeus being the father of all the gods in the Third World. (I view Armok as being a god above and beyond the smaller world gods.)

The three previous forts can be included too. With phrases like legendary, mythical, forgotten, fantastical.

Also include the Foul One itself. I think the Windy World should be breaking down enough that the people are at least subconsciously aware of it. Give it descriptions like nameless, formless, and mind-breaking.

Finally, add a touch of the Foul One to the game in the form of corrupt megabeasts. IE: A Foul Dragon; Approximately the same size and same shape of a dragon but with stone chitin instead of scales. It could even start out at full size and be immortal to give it a better chance of surviving world gen. Give it weird colors, not dark colors but weird ones to emphasize that it is some sort of unnatural corruption. 

Another Foul Beast could be a Dread Avatar. Basically Stuzang turned into a megabeast. Which could be a replacement for the Roc.

This way the game isn't crawling with critters but every once in a while something big creeps in and shakes things up.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: July 12, 2012, 04:08:21 pm »

You also forgot Ura.

I also await exploding dwarfs with great anticipation.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: July 12, 2012, 05:30:18 pm »

I vote that the corruption be symbolized by a iridescent, light blue.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: July 12, 2012, 05:37:06 pm »

I vote that the enemy in battlefailed 4 is a civ composedof the husks of all the overseers. That would fit with the canon-merging story I'm writing, in order to get the plot going, if nobody minds.
Yes, I just got home, and I'm writing like a bastard.
Also, I got the pre-levergeddon save : ), I'll upload it now.
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: July 12, 2012, 05:42:22 pm »

Ooh, plot development! Long time, no see!

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: July 12, 2012, 05:51:42 pm »

THE LEVERGEDDON IS GLORIOUS
Is the best idea I could ever had.
Sorry for the teasing, xD
My turn has oficially ended, before the levergeddon could be completed. EmeralWind, would you do the honors?
Uploading the pre-levergeddon save right now!
Done!
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6651
ATCHUNG! SAVE IS FROM THE INSTANTS BEFORE THE EVENT! IT'S NOT THE ACTUAL END-OF-TURN SAVE!!!

« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 06:26:42 pm by arcangelsd »

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: July 12, 2012, 06:25:19 pm »

What about the exploding children? You're letting us down, man!

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: July 12, 2012, 06:28:27 pm »

Sadly, the children did not explode enough. But I'll get to it. Eventually.

First part:

Personal log of ghostly engineer Arcangelsd
   Too quiet, too quiet, TOO QUIET.
   This is no fun. Tranquil management duties makes arcangelsd a dull boy. Dull, dull, ooo, boy. The Hall of Mechanisms. It keeps bringing my focus to it. It’s so… damned beautiful. I have all the blueprints in my head. They came to me. I just need. To make them real. Yes, (long, curvy line from here, rest of the page is untouched)
   (Scribblings)
   We’re working. Yeah we’re working. All of those platforms. Must fall. Nice, void spaces are nice. Those graves are really depressing. They must go now. And those ones over there must be cleaned. So dusty. Water. Closest water source… is just up there! Well, gravity will do the rest. Also. Speaking of muck.. THE QUARTERS. SO FILTHY. MUST BE CLEANSED WITH MAGMA. But, how I will extinguish it? Oh, yeah, this aquifer there. Why are there cats on a platform next to the common living rooms? THEY MUST FALL TOO! Well, some children were were left up there. Nah, a good sacrifice collateral damage. What I’m even saying? Ah, of course. I was saying…
PULL THE LEVERS

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: July 12, 2012, 06:31:48 pm »

I nominate arcangelsd for Most Sane Overseer.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: July 12, 2012, 06:37:52 pm »

SO
DAMNED
BEAUTIFUL
THE MOST
EGREGIOUSLY
FANTASTIC
OVERADJECTIVISED
PLAN
EVER COME TO DWARV

Dwarven?

I’m no dwarf.

I’m a human.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: July 12, 2012, 07:12:58 pm »

I like the idea of the husked overseers AND the corrupted megabeasts.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: July 12, 2012, 07:17:56 pm »

My name’s Arcangelsd, and..
What’s going on down there with those little guys?
OH MY GODS THAT PLATFORM JUST FELL DOWN WITH THOSE CHILDREN STANDING ON IT
Welp, they are mostly all right. They broke a few bones, and are currently lying in a messy pile of flesh that formerly were felines, on the bottom of the first cavern level. I was kinda hoping that they would explode or something. So sad.  Wait, what the hell did I just say?
Must help, must seek help…
No, wait. I’m the one who did it. Designed it, or most of it, and put it into motion. It’s coming to my mind now. I remember… everything. I remember the twelfth bay. And why we started those stupid projects, in order to slowly break this fantastic reality.
Of course. Stuzang.

That persistent mother****er keeps trying to hijack those realms. He nearly got it in Battlefailed, but we managed to control him that time. In FailCannon, he got defictionalized.
And in HellCannon, he got real. Dangerously real. I learned it the first time I went, huh, KIA, lacking a better word to express myself.

He was recruiting.  US.

I'll keep posting tomorrow. I'm really tired, and there's still a lot to say. I hope that those update will be well received.
And I'm leaving most of the post-event description to EmeralWind. I'm sure he'll appreciate all the content to write about.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 07:21:06 pm by arcangelsd »

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: July 12, 2012, 07:43:56 pm »

My name’s Arcangelsd, and..
What’s going on down there with those little guys?
OH MY GODS THAT PLATFORM JUST FELL DOWN WITH THOSE CHILDREN STANDING ON IT
Welp, they are mostly all right. They broke a few bones, and are currently lying in a messy pile of flesh that formerly were felines, on the bottom of the first cavern level. I was kinda hoping that they would explode or something. So sad.  Wait, what the hell did I just say?
Must help, must seek help…
No, wait. I’m the one who did it. Designed it, or most of it, and put it into motion. It’s coming to my mind now. I remember… everything. I remember the twelfth bay. And why we started those stupid projects, in order to slowly break this fantastic reality.
Of course. Stuzang.

That persistent mother****er keeps trying to hijack those realms. He nearly got it in Battlefailed, but we managed to control him that time. In FailCannon, he got defictionalized.
And in HellCannon, he got real. Dangerously real. I learned it the first time I went, huh, KIA, lacking a better word to express myself.

He was recruiting.  US.

I'll keep posting tomorrow. I'm really tired, and there's still a lot to say. I hope that those update will be well received.
And I'm leaving most of the post-event description to EmeralWind. I'm sure he'll appreciate all the content to write about.

MADNESS, THIS IS!

WE WERE BATSHIT INSANE BEFORE BATTLEFAILED!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: July 12, 2012, 07:49:53 pm »

Looks like we just went meta. Good job.

EDIT: I missed it at first, but... we now have more pages (this is #190) than Failcannon (189).
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 07:52:04 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 208