Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 794860 times)

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25)
« Reply #2895 on: July 18, 2012, 01:43:12 pm »

That hole in the defenses you mentioned?  The one near the water reactor?  I'm pretty sure that was my fault.  Sorry about that.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: July 18, 2012, 05:38:41 pm »

New archive version uploaded. Now featuring EmeraldWind's cat-fueled apocalypse.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: July 18, 2012, 05:43:55 pm »

That hole in the defenses you mentioned?  The one near the water reactor?  I'm pretty sure that was my fault.  Sorry about that.

I told you to stop writing on the walls!

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: July 18, 2012, 05:44:36 pm »

The cats are having their revenge for years of mass kitten slaughter. This is clearly a sign of the end of the world.

::) Yeaaaahhh, about that... the cats weren't getting much revenge, unless you count leading the FB upstairs.

That FB was tossing them into nearby walls. I thought the whole flood was dead when the FB blew fire in their direction, but
that is when I realized the fire didn't seem to do much.

I've had worse FBs in my experience, but this is just weird bad luck.

I won't have anything tonight, but maybe tomorrow.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: July 18, 2012, 06:24:44 pm »

::) Yeaaaahhh, about that... the cats weren't getting much revenge, unless you count leading the FB upstairs.
This is exactly what I am talking about.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: July 18, 2012, 07:59:18 pm »

I told you to stop writing on the walls!

But it's so much fun! :P

But seriously, that hole definitely looks like it's in the same place as the floodgate I put in to allow water into my reactor.  I suppose I forgot about building destroyers when I put it in...
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: July 18, 2012, 11:57:31 pm »

I'm not sure the situation is salvageable.
Well, to paraphrase Lord of the Rings, if this is to be Hellcannon's end, then let it be such an end as to be worthy of remembrance.
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

RenegadeSparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here to watch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: July 20, 2012, 10:32:09 am »

Well, to paraphrase Lord of the Rings, if this is to be Hellcannon's end, then let it be such an end as to be worthy of remembrance.
at this point everyone in the fort could die of old age and it will be something to remember
Good news everyone, we have a caged zombie dwarf.

Knowing the Battlefailed saga, he's probably going to get elected mayor at some point.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: July 20, 2012, 05:40:24 pm »

at this point everyone in the fort could die of old age and it will be something to remember

It would certainly be different.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: July 20, 2012, 10:47:44 pm »

Just a heads up, I got a couple real life things taking my time up. I should be able to do another post Tuesday at the latest.

I just wanted to communicate that rather than just go dark for the rest of the week.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: July 21, 2012, 07:45:17 am »

Just a heads up, I got a couple real life things taking my time up. I should be able to do another post Tuesday at the latest.

I just wanted to communicate that rather than just go dark for the rest of the week.

"Join Hellcannon! Manage a fort! Get a life!"

I love how that happens to everyone that has a turn.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: July 21, 2012, 09:00:44 am »

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that we should do the next fort in .23a.

Heavily modded, if the consensus be. Though vanilla should be fine enough? I really should have spoken up before people went ahead with preparing mods for 0.34 and genning another Aluonra there.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: July 21, 2012, 11:29:18 am »

The only mods I have actually prepared right now are the descriptor shape file, the bone blocks reaction, a little language changes, and the adventure mode reactions, because everyone hates digging through every settlement and site in the entire world and never finding an extra waterskin/crutch/backpack. So instead you can just butcher a turkey and use the leather to make them. So, basically the mods I intended to include for Hellcannon's raws, just to keep things running smoothly.
If there are other mods that everyone can agree upon, they could be included. I actually think, though, that it's much better to continue without further modification.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: July 21, 2012, 10:42:08 pm »

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that we should do the next fort in .23a.

Heavily modded, if the consensus be. Though vanilla should be fine enough? I really should have spoken up before people went ahead with preparing mods for 0.34 and genning another Aluonra there.

I... admit this is an interesting idea.  I have been looking forward to bringing the Battlefailed Saga into .34, but on the other hand I suppose I never actually played .23a

So, that's my non-vote on the matter.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: July 22, 2012, 03:01:45 am »

.23a is... different. On the one hand, there's a lot of features missing, there's not as much depth to the construction aspects, and mining candy is literally a death sentence. On the other hand, there are a lot of reasonably-interesting mechanics that have since been dropped and a generally-more-structured game flow (which isn't really a good or bad thing, but worth noting). I think it's an interesting idea, though I'm not really sure how much my opinion counts here :V
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 208