Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 797052 times)

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #525 on: November 25, 2011, 11:29:05 pm »

I like that name, although I also liked the idea of having Fail in there for #4, like #2.

Wait this is too early to begin coming up with names for the next fortress. It's only the third year!
Hellspent the Failed Cannon of Battles would work. Why is it most succession fortresses go with simple names? Is Auraaunt the Bald Awe-Inspiring Abbey of Ale to much to say in a single breath?
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 25, 2011, 11:37:51 pm »

I like that name, although I also liked the idea of having Fail in there for #4, like #2.

Wait this is too early to begin coming up with names for the next fortress. It's only the third year!
Hellspent the Failed Cannon of Battles would work. Why is it most succession fortresses go with simple names? Is Auraaunt the Bald Awe-Inspiring Abbey of Ale to much to say in a single breath?
Randomnames the Alliterative Collection of The First Cool-Sounding Words You See When Scrolling Down The List Of Words To Use When Naming Your Fortress?
That would make a good band name.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 26, 2011, 12:06:34 am »

It wasn't intentionally alliterative. It was the name of my first fort, so I just picked names at random without scrolling down a whole lot. I didn't understand a whole lot at that point. Heck, I was just procrastinating figuring out the embark set-up screen stuff impressed with the way you could name the fort. Now, I usually just mash the random button until I see something worth my time.

Though I also was pointing out that the names don't have to be the basic two word deal we usually see. All that is required is that the two word name portion be catchy.  :P
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 26, 2011, 12:26:51 am »

Elfbutcher the Dark Death-Ooze of Fail?

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 26, 2011, 01:34:36 am »

Zeratul goes berserk. I send Urist in to kill him. Zeratul murders Grov and Darvi in their sleep. Then he punches a sleeping Dariush, who promptly starts taking Zeratul apart with her pickaxe.
Well, it was probably too much to hope for that I'd survive all the way until my turn. At least I took some people out with me, though. No rush redwarfing me, though, since I'll only get killed again. So long as I'm in there when my turn comes up, I'll be happy.
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 26, 2011, 02:02:05 am »

Dwarfbutcher the Fail of Fortresses, or maybe Battledwarf the Failfortress of Triumph. In which we finally manage to whup some skelk ass and establish a secure fortress on a frozen, savage, terrifying coast, right next door to a goblin fortress.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 26, 2011, 03:19:11 am »

As for TV Tropes, re:above; I thought I was immune to it by now, but I just spent six straight hours staring at the bloody thing.
Immunity to TvTropes is a rare and highly sought-after quality that can only be obtained by years of obsessive tab-abuse.

Also, those last two suggestions are good, but they lack the cannons.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 26, 2011, 03:23:17 am »

Dwarfbutcher the Fail of Fortresses, or maybe Battledwarf the Failfortress of Triumph. In which we finally manage to whup some skelk ass and establish a secure fortress on a frozen, savage, terrifying coast, right next door to a goblin fortress.
That would likely demand 100% of the dwarves' embark skills go into military skills, and that we bring shields and extra picks. Then assign labors after embark. But if something so insane succeeds, then it is truly blessed by the RNG.

Also, while I don't have total immunity to TVtropes, I still qualify as highly resistant. Never spend much time on it, and usually ignore links.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 26, 2011, 03:25:20 am »

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...
Ok i'm done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtArMXUNmfY 1:40-1:52

You're funny.

Sniped:

That would likely demand 100% of the dwarves' embark skills go into military skills, and that we bring shields and extra picks. Then assign labors after embark. But if something so insane succeeds, then it is truly blessed by the RNG.

Also, while I don't have total immunity to TVtropes, I still qualify as highly resistant. Never spend much time on it, and usually ignore links.

Would you say you had Insanity Immunity?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 03:29:44 am by Mego »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 26, 2011, 03:37:04 am »

Not literally, but applied to TvTropes... sure.

Also, roughly how many hostiles are on the map right now?

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 26, 2011, 06:56:12 am »

Also, roughly how many hostiles are on the map right now?

One Skeletal Blind Cave Ogre, at the bottom of the magma sea.
Sixteen skeletal crundles, apparently coming in through the second cavern layer.
One skeletal polar bear.
Seven skeletal reindeer.
One skeletal giant olm.
One skeletal giant toad.
Thirty-three dwarves.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 26, 2011, 07:33:46 am »

I see what you did there.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 26, 2011, 07:41:24 am »

I am unsure what happened.

I float through the void
                            in blissful, carefree limbo

while my mind is fragmenting.

I try to pick up the pieces. I remember a childhood in the Mountain
              home, I remember a skeletal ogre closing his jaws on my head like a vise
I remember a working fortress, loyal minions toiling in my name, I rem
        ember
     ember
                  ember
         I remember learning the art of cheesemaking.

I remember me.

I was me.

I am me.

Strategia.

A name, yes.
An
            anchor.
I am Strategia.

I observe through nonexistent, polyscient eyes, no - I brush against quanta, I feel the charge and the speed and the dreams and the colour and the wavelength and the existence of every photon.
I watch with detached disinterest as skeletal elks, each and every one unique, animal not-souls still thinly tethered to their bleached white frames, fight the militia, each a strong and powerful soul, still attached to corporeal existence, the leptons who are the messengers of gods who do not exist, who control all that happens, cultural inventions and fundamental forces at the same time, passing through the shackled souls not seeing not hearing not feeling not tasting the brief, infinitely long instructions, at the same time made up of other leptons who claim to work together yet collide in their limited space unseeing unhearing unfeeling unaware of their own existence

I shake my head to clear my thoughts, a nonexistent act that shakes the very fabric of reality. I must focus. I must remain.
I watch as the militia gets slaughtered. Some loyal to me, that I can sense, some mistrustful or resentful, that I can also sense, all get killed by these creatures, no longer possessing the not-souls of the animal yet moving about with malicious purpose, dragging their hapless selves along, not realising they are dead.
I watch the skeletal ogres in the womb of the great mother, I watch my own body, I remember I can see I can feel again I remember.

I go down the last stairs, fighting with every boson of my being to go back up and return to life yet I am also deliberately seeking out the creature that I know will kill me because I do not know yet that it will kill me.
I panic and feel calm, I run and I rest, this is as it should be, this is as it happened. I die as do many others. I remain behind, ambition holding me back from moving on
the pettiness of my existence
pointless abuses
a purposeless hold on power, all for myself, that I cannot possess.
I die and the shock shatters my mind
I try to
                                skip this
                    part
                             my anchor
my name
Strategia.

I watch as the madness lashes out and corrupts the minds and very souls of dwarves and pits corporeal against corporeal
I see the tendrils ensnaring the souls
I see the tendrils sucking them dry
I see them go through soil and stone and land and mountain and rolling hill and river valley
I see them stretch all over the world from end to end I see them
I see them reach back to
I avert my ethereal eyes

I have willed eyes into being

I have power I have control

I am dead yet still alive

I am Strategia
I am Overseer of Hellcannon
I am not bound to body
I am not reaching into supple mind to stretch the spirit I am not assuming direct control
I am me
I will endure
I will prevail

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 26, 2011, 07:47:30 am »

Could use some weirder formatting.

optimumtact

• Bay Watcher
  • I even have sheep
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 26, 2011, 08:42:53 am »

Seeing as I had my head smashed in by the first skeletal creature I met, I suppose I had better try again
opti - Milita - SkeletalAvenger - N/A

I shall avenge my death by declaring a crusade against all skeletal creatures.
alternately, I could just take some LSD or something...
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 208