Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 798238 times)

Epithemius

• Bay Watcher
  • [AFTERTHOUGHT:100]
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #870 on: December 11, 2011, 12:04:10 pm »

Sadly, no. The Master forgot to save due to being amazed by zero-population.
**beats The Master with raw fish**

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: December 11, 2011, 01:56:32 pm »

The fort had failed and everyone with ties to destiny had died, eventually migrants arrived and the fort was brought back.  The fort would prosper, but never realise the immpending doom of the Foul One.

In round two, the Foul One would be not compelled, it wouldn't even be challenged. As one who shares the Foul One's sources of power, my projection must give him the unambiguous advantage. But even so while I continue to not be one to wager, I'm reasonably sure that if I was, I wouldn't pass up the chance to lay down my cash.

Moving on. Let's pull back from this ever darkening pocket of a world. All this uncertainty is wearing thinner than the only pair of XXpigtail fiber pantsXX in a noble's wardrobe. I've never much enjoyed navigating the vortices of alternative possibility. The path which alone has my absolute mastery is the alpha timeline, a continuum I define as that which boasts exclusive rights both to my birth and to my cyclical rise and fall in power.

The Master would have given you a more reliable account, perhaps. But then, he would do many things I wouldn't. The Master would not direct the fray as a conductor with a fancy *fungiwood stick* but charge into it headlong like a madman with a goofy -featherwood stick-. He would have the sight to eschew the obvious path to victory, and find the path to destruction disguised cleverly as triumph, or even imminent success. And he would know failure doesn't matter in a reality where all else is already doomed to fail anyway. What sort of story would this be, with ThatAussieDwarf, Gizogin, and Mego made to stay cadavers? Certainly not one the alpha timeline would allow.

And not one The Master would allow either.

I improved it slightly and gave it a post of its own.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: December 11, 2011, 02:20:35 pm »

Epithemius, your handception avatar is creeping me out.

Mego has been taken by a fey mood!

Journal of Mego, Chaos Crafter

I have seen the end. Hellcannon's last dwarf died, but the fortress did not crumble. Hellcannon itself has gained sentience, making it the only survivor of The Master's rule. The rips in the sky grew wider, as the demons that Queen Led summoned to destroy Failcannon came pouring through. We had no hope of surviving. So, I did the only thing I could do. I focused all of my energy on one rip, and opened it wide enough that all of the souls who died in Hellcannon could escape through it. Using what I learned from the Library, I made the rift lead to the beginning of this last spring, when The Master took control.

I felt incredibly weak as I watched the last few go through, back to a safer time. I knew I could either go through the rift, leaving it open for the demons to follow, or stay here and close it, and make one last stand for this timeline of Hellcannon. There really was no choice.

I focused all my remaining energy to slam the rift shut, after ensuring that all of my comrades made it safely through. Completely drained, I began to fade out of this world. But, then, I felt a hand, a force pulling me back in.

It was Hellcannon, bringing me into itself. I became part of the fortress, renewed with the energy to fight. I echoed my battle cry throughout the lands, as demons continued to pour in by the thousands:

COME AT ME, BROS!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: December 11, 2011, 02:23:29 pm »

It was Hellcannon, bringing me into itself. I became part of the fortress, renewed with the energy to fight. I echoed my battle cry throughout the lands, as demons continued to pour in by the thousands:

COME AT ME, BROS!
That's OP-quote stuff right there.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: December 11, 2011, 02:53:58 pm »

I think we may have proved Lovecraft right.

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons, even Death may die.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: December 11, 2011, 03:24:46 pm »

That is some fucked up shit man.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Epithemius

• Bay Watcher
  • [AFTERTHOUGHT:100]
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: December 11, 2011, 04:59:23 pm »

This fortress has transcended logic. This fortress has transcended common sense.
It is madness. Glorious, beautiful madness.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: December 11, 2011, 05:22:21 pm »

THIS.
IS.
HELLCANNON!
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: December 11, 2011, 06:42:18 pm »

Common sense is for losers.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: December 11, 2011, 06:52:21 pm »

Looks like the Master was a good guy after all...

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: December 11, 2011, 06:56:08 pm »

Nope. Just insane.

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: December 11, 2011, 07:01:05 pm »

What's insanity without sanity? What's love without hate? What's life without death?
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: December 11, 2011, 07:02:31 pm »

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: December 11, 2011, 07:22:12 pm »

Well, we could have The Master do what he did the first time (or even better, just kill them), and see if the glitch reoccurs.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: December 11, 2011, 07:42:31 pm »

Did you forget "life is wasted on the living?"
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 208