Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 797139 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #165 on: November 14, 2011, 07:11:51 am »

Ah, the Prince of the Rus.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #166 on: November 14, 2011, 11:44:31 am »

Following dwarves have now been dorfed:

Mego II
NotThatAussieDwarf
Andreus XIV
Gizogin
Remalle
Strategia
rridgway
Gizogin
Baldash
Eric Blank
Mekboy
Anderz
LordSlowpoke
Grath
Rentorian
Lord Reudh
Seraphin III
Karakzon
Ogrin
MagmaMcFry
Conchobar II
Zeratul
Epithemius
MomuzC  (CatalystParadox)
Scaraban
arcangelsd
Grov
Urist McJoeBloggs
EmeraldWind
Bates
Vursa
Gamemaster

The following were not dorfed because of special demands for their dwarves, They will be dorfed when the conditions can be met:

Ledi V - Any - Crazy Cat Lady - is an elf likes cats No cat ladies, sadly.
Ghills - Stonecrafting or farming - N/A - Female, likes cats No cat ladies around.
Dariush - Any Legendary - The Great - N/A No legendaries around

EDIT: The following were dorfed in the next wave!!!
The following were not dorfed because of complete lack of dorfs:
Darvi
Anzos
Thor
Creiydrek
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 02:03:16 pm by Johuotar »
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 14, 2011, 11:54:04 am »

That was a large migration wave for this early, what caused that?

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #168 on: November 14, 2011, 12:08:15 pm »

That was a large migration wave for this early, what caused that?

I don't know but its not over yet, few more just came in. Darvi, Anzos, Thor and Creiydrek are now dorfed.

This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 14, 2011, 12:41:24 pm »

Oh, I've been meaning to do some in-character stuff.  Something about being in Failcannon right at the very end, then waking up here in Hellcannon.  Y'know, stuff like that.

Journal of Gizogin, Rawmancer First Class
What a strange few days.  I swear I was just in Failcannon, fighting off a swarm of kobolds, but now I'm somehow here, in this place they call "Hellcannon."  I'm still trying to piece together what's going on here, so I'm just going to put down what I can remember, starting just after Failday.

Failcannon was falling apart.  The catastrophic disaster that was Failday had taken out some pretty vital support structures, and knocked open a hole into the ocean.  Water mixed with the blood of the many hundreds of dead, and some other goo, vomit, and dust from various other sources.  I don't know if it was because of the water and air moving around, but I'm pretty sure I heard some eerie moans and wails coming out as well.  I heard some of the higher-ups talking about "unleashing the hordes of undead" and "waging war on the gods," or something like that, but I had nothing to do with that stuff.  I was just a simple ranger, content so long as I had my trusty crossbow and something to point it at.

Anyway, life went on pretty much as usual after Failday, at least as much as anything could be called normal in Failcannon.  Forgotten Beasts, ancient horrors that should never have seen the light of the sun, showed up in greater numbers than ever before, but we managed to hold them off, for a time.  Our numbers continued to dwindle, until only ThatAussieDwarf and I stood before everything that wanted us dead.  Naturally, ThatAussieDwarf was content to let me handle the fighting, muttering something about his "nefarious scheme."  I didn't mind, being a warrior and all.  I fought off a few kobold thieves, and went down to check on TAD, and maybe get some sleep before I had to fight again.  As soon as I said that I had defeated all the kobolds, he ran straight outside, probably to make his escape or something.

Well, as it happened, I hadn't quite killed them all.  One of the kobolds was still alive, albeit just barely.  He managed to stab ThatAussieDwarf and bring him down by the time I made it back to the surface.  When I arrived, they were... I'm not sure I would call it fighting, more like flopping around each other between bouts of unconsciousness.  It was kind of pathetic, to tell the truth.  Anyway, ThatAussieDwarf didn't make it.  He expired from his wounds, leaving me that last survivor in Failcannon.  I must admit I didn't take it well.  I half-remember some stuff, like throwing down all of my armor and my trusty crossbow, then rushing out to make my final stand.  Anyway, I definitely remember being surrounded by the corpses of many kobolds, and then there was something rushing toward my head...

Then, the next thing I knew, I was here.  Not only that, but I was a girl, too!  Now, I don't have anything against the fairer sex, but it's a little disconcerting waking up in a new body, with no beard.  How can I be a great hero and warrior without my beard?  Anyway, I'm here now, and I may as well make the most of it.  Oh, and strangely enough, all the dwarves here have the same names and personalities as those I knew from Failcannon.  It's pretty odd, now that I think on it.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 14, 2011, 01:25:25 pm »

Absurd! Ogrin the Caster is in the others list! I demand that my dwarven incarnation keep living through the body of migrants until HellCannon fades!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 01:30:33 pm by peskyninja »
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 14, 2011, 01:39:44 pm »

The following were dorfed in the next wave.
The following were not dorfed because of complete lack of dorfs:
What.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 14, 2011, 01:56:38 pm »

I think it's like "These guys weren't dorfed because there weren't enough dwarves left Oh hey, more dwarves."
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 14, 2011, 02:29:17 pm »

Did you change my stats?

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #174 on: November 14, 2011, 02:32:42 pm »

I think it's like "These guys weren't dorfed because there weren't enough dwarves left Oh hey, more dwarves."
Yes, that's what I meant. I edited it after the second migrant wave. So, about what's actually going on...

I finally got around to play the save and as soon as I loaded it skelks appeared and I had to wall of the front entrance off. Then I checked the caverns for any threats and I noticed a skeletal troll climbing the staircase up to the fortress. The troll charged at The Master but he kicked it in the head and ran to the upper levels. Right before the troll destroyed one of the floor hatches the dwarves managed to wall the caverns off. Sadly, wounded "arrow catcher" Garth was stuck in the caverns with the troll. Our stone supply was inaccessible because of the troll attack, so I ordered the burial chamber walls to be torn down and turned into chairs, tables and doors.

Rridgdway died of melancholy because of failed mood. Mekboy ran outside when I opened the way for merchants and was killed by a skelk. The skelk got name "Dippepstyles", Bekaturnur. I sent militia to avenge Mekboy. Even if it has fancy name it's still just a lone skelk, what could possibly happen? I mean, even in the worst case scenario the squad would be obliterated and I would just wall the fort off.

So what does happen?

Of all the worst things that could happen, THE. WORST. POSSIBLE. THING!

Remalla doesn't wait for the rest of the squad to gather and attacks Bekaturnut alone. Hoof in the head and Bam! Remalla is dead. Bekaturnur escapes the area before the rest of the squad gets out.

Skeletal giant bat flies over the wall I built to protect the cavern area and attacks and kills Anzos. Then a horde of skeletal muskoxs attacks the militia squad which had just now gotten itself outside the fortress to deal with the now long gone Bekaturnur. Scaraban falls in the muskox attack. Militia squad runs to the caverns to kill the skeletal giant bat but is again too late and the bat escapes. Deaths of Rridgway, Mekboy, Remalla, Anzos and Scaraban are a great and sudden shock to the residents of Hellcannon. The Fortress is plunged into chaos.

The Master tantrums and punches Gizogin, killing him instantly.

Ogrin goes berserk and is killed by Zeratul.

Militia Commander Gamemaster kills unimportant dwarf.

MomuzC kills MagmaMcFry.

Epithemius goes melancholy.

Choncobar II is bit by a tantruming child.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 02:36:13 pm by Johuotar »

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 14, 2011, 02:41:40 pm »

The Master tantrums and punches Gizogin, killing him instantly.

Journal of Gizogin, Rawmancer First Class:
So there I was, minding my own business, when I hear all of this commotion outside my room.  I rush out to see what's going on, and I see my old buddy The Master (no idea why he calls himself that, he's nothing like a Time Lord).  I ask him what's going on, but he just punches me in the face!  Unfortunately, I had no beard to cushion the blow, and as such, I died instantly.  Don't ask how I'm writing this journal, it's kind of a headache (ha!).
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 14, 2011, 02:50:25 pm »

But... my tomb... NO!

I did warn you about the skoxes.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #177 on: November 14, 2011, 02:56:09 pm »

Creiydrek is in the middle of meeting hall, armed with wooden training axe and keeps tantruming and calming down. Everytime he tantrums he attacks someone with his axe. He hasn't killed anyone yet but I think he's the most dangerous of all the tantrumers right now.

EDIT:
Did you change my stats?

How can I change stats? That requires dfhack right?

EDIT2: The tantrum spiral seems to be over. Most dwarves are atleast content and many are estatic. Lordslowpoke and Mego II started to party in the battered meeting hall.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 03:13:00 pm by Johuotar »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 14, 2011, 03:30:23 pm »

Runesmith suffices.

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 14, 2011, 03:48:51 pm »

I find it hilarious that this is the second time my dwarf has died quickly. Out of curiosity, what skill did I fail?

Also, we survived our first tantrum spiral only about a week from starting it, good sign?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 208