Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 797782 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #240 on: November 16, 2011, 07:48:08 pm »

Obsidian machine gun: Awesome
Magma cannon: Good
Obsidian machine gun that can fire magma and water: Mind=Blown

Oh, and thanks Emerald for reminding me just who is conducting this fortress. I'm sorry if my post sounded a tad insulting, but it was like 3 in the morning when I typed that.

We've all had those times when we type up something late at night that sounds good, and then look at it in the morning and realize it didn't come out right. Like those times people have argued that elves and kittens are good.

Regardless, I like the idea of sticking with the cannon theme. Battlefailed had FAILCANNON. Failcannon was a cannon that fired pissed-off ghosts and mentally-shattered FB's. I have a storyline idea that could involve the cannon. Make sure Catalyst and I are the ones building it.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 17, 2011, 08:37:50 am »

Oh, and thanks Emerald for reminding me just who is conducting this fortress. I'm sorry if my post sounded a tad insulting, but it was like 3 in the morning when I typed that.

Eh, at first I was a little surprised at the tone, but then after checking Battlefailed and Failcannon I noticed they do descend pretty quickly. So you did have a point.

I also think this going slower will be better in the long run. Gemclod (the recent SomethingAwful Let's Play Fortress) stays pretty sane for the first two years, but that period of normalcy ends up contrasting the later events. Failcannon is the same way, it never quite got as insane as Battlefailed, but the periods of nothing happening vs. the periods of crazy happening made it seem more or less equal to Battlefailed. Our problem is we do need to get to new levels and that won't be easy. Which is why I point out the need to push the envelope a bit, though I doubt that was necessary. I have confidence that before the twelfth (wow, is that how you spell that) thirteenth turn this fortress will have reached the throes of madness we have come to love.

As for 3am posting, yeah I typed some strange stuff that early in the morning too. In fact, you can see traces of that in my post. This is partly why I'm debating playing my turn through the night or a least doing the write-ups early in the morning.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 17, 2011, 09:04:32 am »

Could i possibly see Lord Reudh's stats/personality?

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 17, 2011, 09:36:44 am »

I'll be at a bridge tournament today so I won't be able to play, but I should finish on Saturday. Expect an update tomorrow.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #244 on: November 17, 2011, 12:05:18 pm »

Well, of course HellCannon has started so slowly. With me being the second player it's no wonder the fort has seen only small scale tantrum spirals. My forts are always so boring..  ::)
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 17, 2011, 01:18:24 pm »

Don't worry, it'll get far more interesting when the flying tigerwomen show up to taunt the metalworkers. :P

Mego, you did download the vanilla version of the file, right? No mysteriously flying tigermen or uber trolls for us to worry about? :o
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 17, 2011, 06:41:00 pm »

Don't worry, it'll get far more interesting when the flying tigerwomen show up to taunt the metalworkers. :P

Mego, you did download the vanilla version of the file, right? No mysteriously flying tigermen or uber trolls for us to worry about? :o

Yes, I downloaded vanilla. No need to worry about flying tigermen. Just the magma-eating FB-syndrome-shitting vampire/werewolf hybrids

Other than that, we should only have to deal with the typical stuff. Tantrum spirals, loyalty cascades, and rips in the space-time continuum.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 17, 2011, 08:48:59 pm »

Regardless, I like the idea of sticking with the cannon theme. Battlefailed had FAILCANNON. Failcannon was a cannon that fired pissed-off ghosts and mentally-shattered FB's. I have a storyline idea that could involve the cannon. Make sure Catalyst and I are the ones building it.

Wait what?  I'm building what?!

Help!  I've been press-ganged!
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 17, 2011, 09:47:15 pm »

Why don't we just split the difference and drop filled coffins down a hole to land on the front doorstep of the fortress?  Enemies get crushed by the dead, angry ghosts are released, and a good time is had by all!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 17, 2011, 10:24:28 pm »

a) Coffins are emptied when deconstructed.
b) Falling objects don't injure creatures (except for stonefall traps).
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 17, 2011, 11:57:49 pm »

So it would do little more than give us mild amusement and utterly fail to kill anything hostile to the fortress?  Sounds like par for the course with our insane constructions.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 17, 2011, 11:59:29 pm »

Also you'd have to drop a cave-in on the coffin to drop it.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 18, 2011, 12:00:25 am »

Do they react to it in any way? If they dodge, we have our opportunity!

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 18, 2011, 12:05:05 am »

I have an idea for a megaproject that involves a cannon and will make implementing the coffin-drop thing more !!FUN!!.

I am envisioning a cannon extending out from the fortress. Under normal operation, the magma is unpressurized, and drips out to fill up a moat, which drains back into the reservoir, like a garden fountain. But, when a lever is pulled (preferably when the elves show up), the magma becomes pressurized, shoots out, and fucks the world.

If creatures do dodge when a coffin is dropped on them, we could rig it so they would dodge into the magma moat and burn to death. If they don't, having a magma moat is still cool.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 18, 2011, 12:15:50 am »

Just make sure to make the fountain look like a dragon's head.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 208