Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 785364 times)

reteip9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #285 on: November 19, 2011, 11:33:41 pm »

I'd like to request a turn and to be dorfed.
Name: reteip9
Labours: siege engineering and mechanics
Proffession: Crazy Scientist

rghaskjdhasdjfgkasdfgsdhyujkfhwuiyefjefrghjsd

Reading posts is great.

FOR THE SAKE OF WHAT IS LEFT OF MY SANITY AFTER ATTEMPTING SUPER KAIZO WORLD:

If you wish to be dorfed (or moved to the perpetual list if you're already on there), please put your request in the form that you see in the third post.

Fuck it, I'll worry about updating that post tomorrow.

Now my sanity is gone from playing Super Metroid Impossible.

Fucking bomb jumps.

Oops sorry for that.
Attempt No.2
reteip9 - mechanic/siege engineer - Crazy Scientist - a turn please
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 11:36:32 pm by reteip9 »
If it were Failcannon, a siege butchering the population would constitute an event of minor interest that would barely be mentioned in comparison to the overseer's latest obsessive construction.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 20, 2011, 06:19:09 am »

For some reason my game keeps crashing and corrupting the save. I'm afraid I'll have to pass. I'd appreciate it if you put me down 8 or so places on the list.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 20, 2011, 06:40:58 am »

Wow.  Mego, I pray you never discover I Wanna Be The Guy; The Movie, The Game...

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 20, 2011, 08:27:27 am »

Armok preserve us. Overseer Johuotar just called an assembly in the main hall - he was stepping down. Now I know this is just par for the course, dear journal, and he appointed Mormota as his successor before melting away into the crowd and becoming anonymous, but not half an hour later, while drafting his acceptance speech, Mormota had an utter breakdown. He ran off, leaving us without a leader. And then, would you believe it, Strategia stepped forward to take control! That mad old coot with his cheese fixation? We're doomed, doomed I tell you! Oh dear journal, may Ovus Frothysuckers preserve these words, for they are truly to be the last sane writings produced in this fortress.
- anonymous graffiti, Clay Loam Wall near the main staircase

Smooth over that clay NOW. When you find whoever did that, have them tossed over the topside wall, there are some skeletal reindeer outside who would love to meet a new friend.
- Strategia, Prophet of Cheese, Overseer of Hellcannon, first and second order given

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 20, 2011, 08:36:05 am »

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 20, 2011, 08:43:06 am »

Ovus Frothysuckers

Best. God. Ever.

He is a deity of The Rack of Amusing, our civ. Ovus most often takes the form of a male dwarf and is associated with deformity.

Also, two three notes;
- Note the first: It appears that about a quarter of our finished goods stockpile is occupied by -diorite mug-s. We're in the middle of a terrifying tundra, and topside access is walled off. Yet we still have an ungodsly heap of otherwise useless trade goods, that we ourselves most likely made (given the fact that diorite accounts for about 80%+ of the stone mined so far, by my estimate).
- Note the second: A small farm plot right in the middle of the main hall, in between the stockpiles. Um. Okay. What is..... I don't even.
- Note the third: I am friends with Remalle's ghost.

On a more serious note, we have 8 drinks left and the still was sitting idle. I've enabled brewing. I knew you guys were mad and sadistic, but come on people.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 08:45:19 am by Strategia »

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #291 on: November 20, 2011, 08:51:35 am »

On a more serious note, we have 8 drinks left and the still was sitting idle. I've enabled brewing. I knew you guys were mad and sadistic, but come on people.

Oops.

I don't know if it has already been done, but if not then dorf me as "Kaamanen".

[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 20, 2011, 08:53:47 am »

There was a... barrel shortage during my turn, I'm afraid. There is, however, a well.

And we now have the god of succession games.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 20, 2011, 08:58:04 am »

There was a... barrel shortage during my turn, I'm afraid. There is, however, a well.

And we now have the god of succession games.

That's what Rock Pots are for. 

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 20, 2011, 09:03:38 am »

Granite 18th 205. Aside from some..... minor issues..... with dissidents, my accession has proceeded smoothly. I don't expect any more trouble, my threats were sufficient to quell any further sign of resistance. I'm even writing this journal over that insubordinate clod's smoothed-over graffiti, that'll teach him! I think it might have been The Master, to tell you the truth - when he saw my people at work at his site of rebellion, he started crying and wailing and fell down on the floor in a crumpled heap, muttering something about skelks between sobs. He's gone completely melancholy. I've decided against the skelk-tossing, though - it wouldn't be fair to the poor soul. Besides, this is punishment enough, and I can now brandish the threat of locking disrespectful peons in a room with him. Hah.

Granite 21st 205. My underlings bring me reports of one of the random urchins scurrying about acting strange, they say he's become "withdrawn from society". To tell you the truth, if this elfhole passes for "society", I'd like to withdraw from it too. Anyway, I was going to tell you about the exploratory- Hey, keep it down with the shou Honestly, I almost wrote that before I caught myself. Turns out a troll bashed its way through one of the cavern walls. Time to see if this place has any kind of military worth its rock salt. We've got enough weapons, that's for sure.
So the secretive child was gathering rocks in the cavern, apparently, and is completely - and I mean completely - oblivious to the troll following him around, up and down the staircase. When it crashed into the main hall, it spooked all my minions. For that, it will die. I swear it. Nobody messes with my minions but me.
The troll caught up with the child and pinched it to death.

OOC - No seriously, almost every entry in the combat log is "The Troll grabs The Dwarven Child by the (x) with her (y)!" "The Troll releases the grip of The Troll's (y) on The Dwarven Child's (x).", although it looks like the killing blow was goring the child in the head with her left tusk. There goes another artifact.....

One of the hastily-recruited militiamen managed to open an artery, so now the troll lies at the end of a line of bright blue tildes. Also Remalle's ghost followed the squad down, I guess he was bored. I'm taking screenshots, will put them up later.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 09:32:21 am by Strategia »

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 20, 2011, 10:18:05 am »

I have been re-dorfed?
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 20, 2011, 10:27:25 am »

Aussie Log

Strategia has been made mayor.  All goes as planned... I think...

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 20, 2011, 11:00:23 am »

Granite 23rd 205. Turns out we didn't actually have a military ready, so I conscripted a group of "volunteers" composed of anyone who had any kind of weapon skill, and any potential threats to my rule just to be on the safe side. I actually got a real volunteer for the position of militia commander, which seemed very suspicious until she convinced me that she really was Not That Aussie Dwarf, which seemed very specific, but something in the way she said it convinced me she was being honest. She gathered her troops and sallied forth, down the stairway into the caverns where the troll, appropriately dubbed Acheclench, had just brutally murdered a poor child. No hair off my back if you ask me, but this particular child was apparently about to make a legendary artifact, so punishment had to be exacted.

Kaamanen, who bears a striking resemblance to our former Overseer, was entirely coincidentally the first militadorf on the scene, charging at the murderous beast with axe in hand. After baiting the troll for a short while, she got down to business and severed the troll's femoral artery with her axe. By that time, the rest of the squad, dubbed The Craterous Quakes for the deep pits they leave in their enemies' skulls (or so they tell me, given that they were formed two days ago), came barrelling down the stairs and jumped Acheclench like a pack of badgers. Eventually, the fight was over.

Acheclench had tried to run away, but found herself backed against a wall, so she doubled back and fled right into the militia squad. Her mutilated corpse now lies broken and mangled on the ground, a testament to what happens to people who hurt my minions without my permission! Meanwhile, Remalle's ghost had also drifted down the stairs, and was present at the site of the execution. Such dedication, even in death.

OOC - Seriously, a troll who pinched its victim for 7 pages straight gets the name Acheclench? Sometimes, the random naming algorithm is weirdly appropriate.

rridgway

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 20, 2011, 03:51:32 pm »

So, apart from those visible, who else got roped into the squad?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 20, 2011, 04:43:23 pm »

Oh fine, I'll write my request in the "proper format"

For redorfing
Eric/Erica - Miner, Mason, Engraver, Architect - Head Stoneworker.

Damn bureaucratsnobles.

Wonderfully exciting year thus far. Already losing kids to random wildlife. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 208