Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 797170 times)

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #360 on: November 22, 2011, 07:10:15 pm »

NEVER! I SHALL NEVER FALL VICTIM TO THE LOWER BOARDS! THEY SAY THAT THERE'S A TOPIC BLOCK TEXT THERE!!!
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 22, 2011, 07:46:33 pm »

rose, john, feferi? WHO?!

Well, that went fast.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 22, 2011, 09:42:04 pm »

Journal of Gizogin, Chief Rawmancer of the Wizengamot (deceased)

I've given up on trying to talk to the residents of Hellcannon, at least for the present.  I have chosen a nice, secluded corner of one of the food stockpiles as my haunt.  Mostly, I just like nibbling at the food (being a ghost, I cannot manipulate physical objects at nearly the same level as I could while alive, nor do I actually require sustenance, but the attempt and the slightest taste are enough for me).
Oh, and I have discovered some new and fun things about being a ghost.  Obviously, there are the abilities to walk through walls, disappear, and fly, but I can also make a pretty deathly wail.  How this works without vocal cords, I have no idea, but it scares the HFS out of cats (a bit odd, that.  Cats can, I believe, see and hear me; however, since they are cats, they act completely indifferent to my presence).
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 22, 2011, 09:49:14 pm »

Journal of Mego II, Chaos Crafter

Strategia's militant rule is becoming bothersome. I barely have any time to work on my grand design, with his constant ordering around of us all. Plus, he's very nosy, and I would prefer to keep this project under the radar. For now, let's just say that, in a few years, dwarves will be having much fun with the Fun.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 22, 2011, 10:01:52 pm »

Journal of Lord Reudh, ME!

I like this Strategia fellow. I like this entire place! At the moment I don't have a room, but so what! I AM A HUNTER. ANIMALS WILL FEAR ME AND MY BONES... I mean my BONE BOLTS! Those blasted wildlife keep me inside- what to do but laze around? I swear, living as a hunter in somewhere too dangerous to hunt is luxury! Ahahahahahaha! Yes, I did just write laughter, what of it? WHAT OF IT?
Cheese seems to be the order of the day. Cheese is good, it keeps us healthy! But alcohol makes the world go round, hmwhat?
Diary, DIARY ARE YOU LISTENING? I lost a friend today. Pain is good. It's the spice of life, but too much spice makes you need the latrines, am I right?
I think this fort will go far! Guys, let's have a party!

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 22, 2011, 10:39:38 pm »

Journal of Gizogin, True Mancer of all things Raw, Patron Saint of Crabcakes, Champion of That Place where I Helped some Old Man with his Chickens (deceased)

All the dwarves in this fortress are crazy!

Oh, and because I know I've been wondering how it is that I can write in my journal despite the lack of any ability to manipulate physical objects, I decided to observe myself making this record (ah, the many quirks of being dead).  As it happens, I don't carry around the ghosts of the quill and notebook I was holding as I died, as I previously thought.  Ghosts of inanimate objects?  That's just silly!  Why, I had been wringing my ghost-hat trying to figure out how such a thing could even exist.  The truth is much simpler.  I actually just summon up the energy of the Rift that occupies the location in space-time that was once Failcannon (or will be; technically, Hellcannon takes place earlier in time than Failcannon, but it happened (happens?) in my past), and scribe my thoughts on the Firmament itself.  I don't know how I didn't think of that before.
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 22, 2011, 11:10:22 pm »

Gizogin is scribbling on the thin fabric of space-time that separates Hellcannon from Failcannon again. I swear he's trying to give me a stroke. I am the one who makes sure those rips don't happen again, after all. If it rips open, we will all be sucked through into that dying universe. Perhaps I should teach him the ways of temporary possession so that we will be safe. The others do not know how close we are to another universe, one that is about to reach its end. They think Battlefailed and Failcannon are just legends. But I know the truth now. I know that-

ARMOKDAMNIT STRATEGIA I AM BUSY GO FIND SOMEONE ELSE TO SEARCH FOR MINERALS!

PhantomXD

• Bay Watcher
  • Digging designation cancelled: warm stone located
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 22, 2011, 11:19:40 pm »

That depends. Do you want topside patrol duty or cavern exploration duty? =P

Meat shield by name Meat shield by nature. Dont mind as long as I die a glorious (horrific) death. Magma and FB's at the same time preferably maby with a pinch of Anti-noble sentiment for good measure.
Ironhand's Graphics Set

Bottom line is, the wiki is your friend, and error is your teacher.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 22, 2011, 11:26:22 pm »

Journal of Gizogin, Rawmancer, Order of Gizogin (First Class), Three-time Winner of the coveted Golden Spleen Award, Official Bestower of Silly Titles (deceased)

Written on the very foundations of the multiple universes

I was just going on my regular daily phase-through-walls, when a happy bit of chance brought me into contact with a certain journal.  It seems that Mego not only knows of my presence, but also of a way to return to a state similar to life, if only temporarily.  Why was I not contacted?  Does no dwarf in this fortress care for me?  This is truly a sad day for me.  I think I'll go moan softly at that cat over there.
Oh, there was something about my continued tampering with the stability of the multiverse in the journal, too.  I wasn't really paying attention, through the combination of dejection and seething rage.  I'll assume it was praise and admiration of the way I'd effortlessly skirted the problem of not having a body anymore, without myself even knowing.  I'm still mad and sad, though.  You hear me Mego?  Your praise does nothing to ease the pain!  I'll never forget the way you ignored me for all this time (what's it been now, a year?  Two?  I forget)!
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 23, 2011, 01:22:48 am »

To Gizogin:

This is why we can't have nice things: somebody will end up graffitiing the fabric of the universe with their journal entries.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 03:13:31 pm by Mego »

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 23, 2011, 04:56:41 am »

Slate 10th 205. Dariush is rapidly becoming one of my more favoured underlings. The woman mines like a reverse cave-in, and her exploratory shafts have uncovered several veins of galena. I have told her to excavate them ASAP, so we can build up a stockpile of the ore. I'm also planning to exploit the second cavern layer, walling off a perimeter to safely chop down the fungus-trees and mine the tetrahedrite. We may lack the iron ore and flux stone required for the good stuff, but we'll at least be able to smelt our own metals, so I can begin building my military. Also, a child was born. Good to see my minions are working hard to produce the next generation of recruits. I find that beginning indoctrination early cements their loyalty like nothing else.

Slate 14th 205. Praise the miner! Dariush dug down to a
third layer of caverns, and her shaft opens up right next to the top of a magma pipe. Her keen senses further reveal that this vein of Armok leads to a giant underground magma sea; and that there is a deposit of adamantine in the wall. While we may not yet be able to reach the blessed godmetal, surely this is a sign that Armok himself has blessed my reign. I have ordered the area immediately surrounding the entry shaft walled off, so we may reap the benefits of this magma pipe without worrying about intrusions.

OOC - Anyone want to claim one of the nameless dorfs I listed in the last post? The only new dorf is a newborn infant, no immigrants yet. Then again, it's Slate, "spring" on a tundra.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 23, 2011, 05:25:58 am »

You could just dwarf those on the dwarving list and assign them to the militia or something.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 23, 2011, 05:28:54 am »

About ten seconds after I unpaused, a huge migrant wave arrived, complete with a great heaping fuckload of animals. I'm tracking them as they're coming in, they should be enough to dorf pretty much everyone by my estimate. I'll make this a proper update when they're done arriving.

I'm currently dorfing everyone except Ghills, there was only one crazy cat lady and Ledi's claim is older. Otherwise, everyone on the dorfing list is getting a dorf. I didn't redorf anyone who died who isn't on the perpetual redorf list, but since we now have 63 people (as opposed to the 39 I started with), that shouldn't be a problem if so desired. Otherwise, I'll leave the anonymous population for future dorfing requests.

Slate 17th 205. It appears that some half-frozen idiots have been sighted on the horizon, trudging through the snowstorm. It appears that there are more and more people who are throwing off Queen Led's yoke in favour of mine - excellent. This pleases me greatly. I have had a temporary entry carved into the topside wall, so my fresh minions could enter before they froze to death. I've also ordered the militia to go topside, in case any of the local skeindeer get uppity and need a smackdown.

Slate 18th 205. My lookouts report that the migrants stretched themselves out over several miles. Great, this means it will take days for them to arrive. Oh well. At least the workers in the third cavern layer sensed another vein of godmetal, nowhere near the first one in the magma sea, and much more easily accessible. My right-hand dorf assures me that everything is going to plan.....

Slate 23rd 205. The migrants are finally, FINALLY inside. I have had the wall repaired, and the militia was sent down to the first cavern outpost again. The preliminary defences in the third cavern layer are complete, and the first magma smelters are complete, if not yet operational. Not Aussie reports that there were some more "volunteers" among the migrants, and has assembled a vestigial second squad. Even better, one of the migrants turns out to have been a dorf whose reputation precedes him - our new Chief Medical Dwarf is Dr. Zuntîr Mengelbel. I have heard many things about Dr. Mengelbel's work, and I believe he will make a fine addition to my leadership corps.

OOC - Yes, Dr. Mengelbel is the best doctor currently in the fortress. The migrant wave also contained several other useful characters, including a High Master Metalcrafter, and some less useful ones, like two more herbalists. On another note, I think one aspect of the original Aluonra was overlooked in genning this world - namely, the low threshold for titans, megabeasts, FBs and such. Battlefailed and Failcannon got these when they had a population of ~30 I think, Hellcannon currently has over 60 inhabitants and the greatest threats are the skanimals that lurk in the caverns.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 06:28:22 am by Strategia »

Ledi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 23, 2011, 06:22:47 am »

About ten seconds after I unpaused, a huge migrant wave arrived, complete with a great heaping fuckload of animals. I'm tracking them as they're coming in, they should be enough to dorf pretty much everyone by my estimate. I'll make this a proper update when they're done arriving.

I'm currently dorfing everyone except Ghills, there was only one crazy cat lady and Ledi's claim is older. Otherwise, everyone on the dorfing list is getting a dorf. I didn't redorf anyone who died who isn't on the perpetual redorf list, but since we now have 63 people (as opposed to the 39 I started with), that shouldn't be a problem if so desired. Otherwise, I'll leave the anonymous population for future dorfing requests.

Huzzah!

...Come here, my pretty kitties, Ledi will keep you safe. >^.^<
So Ledi's been training the cats into an army of disposable warbeasts?  Why did no-one think of this sooner?!
Hellcannon seemed to be constantly on the verge of death and Levergedon before my turn helped, but ultimately what killed it was Ledi's cat army.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 23, 2011, 06:31:15 am »

When/if Lord Reudh hits legendary in marksdwarf, could you make her into a marksdwarf militia captain? If you have it for that long. :D
Should make for interesting stories from the slightly-off dwarf that is me.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 208