Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 785376 times)

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #375 on: November 23, 2011, 06:44:49 am »

When/if Lord Reudh hits legendary in marksdwarf, could you make her into a marksdwarf militia captain? If you have it for that long. :D
Should make for interesting stories from the slightly-off dwarf that is me.

One of the migrants was a Competent Marksdwarf, I could put it in a third squad with Lord Reudh as the captain. So long as you swear fealty to me :P Sound good?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 23, 2011, 06:59:25 am »

Oh, Lord Reudh'll be fine. She likes cheese too.
But only when she hits legendary!

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 23, 2011, 07:39:48 am »

I'm not sure we even have a spare crossbow, and setting up an archery range is low on my list of priorities. I could have a crossbow made for you, and place you in charge of the squad, but I don't think you'll hit Legendary during my tenure.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 23, 2011, 07:54:38 am »

In that case, I'll be fine with just being a hunter with no crossbow until someone makes one. :D
I think it can be a 'REQUEST' to all overseers that should Lord Reudh hit legendary, she is to be placed as a militia captain in an archer squad. :P
If she doesn't, then she doesn't. No problems. :P

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 23, 2011, 08:05:07 am »

I'd like to be added to the constant redorf list as:
Conchobar - Mechanic/Axedwarf - Revengineer - N/A

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #380 on: November 23, 2011, 08:31:26 am »

Can I see personality of my dorf, thank you in advance!
Also, have you liked the fort? What do you think of the layout? I removed walls to make moving around fast.

Edit: I almost forgot, my original dorfin request went unnoticed so here's one thing about it:
next overseer please Dorf somedorf as "Kaamanen" with custom profession "claustrofobic architect"

You probably dorfed me after I asked again but I forgot to request custom profession when I did. Could you change the profession to what I originally meant?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 08:46:37 am by Johuotar »
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 23, 2011, 08:53:38 am »

Can I see Ogrin II?
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 23, 2011, 09:15:48 am »

Journal of Gizogin, Seventh Level Rawmancer (no longer deceased)

Mego finally gave in to my constant hauntings and promised to help me return to life as soon as I found a suitable host.  At this point, I'd be happy with just about anything, but as luck would have it, an entire wave of dwarves showed up.  I found a dwarf whose body met my requirements, and here I am.  It's going to take me a while to get used to being physical again, but I'm sure I can rise to the challenge.
My return to the physical world has brought another matter to my attention.  Namely, my image.  Up to this point, I have failed to establish myself as the truly powerful reality-bender that I am.  I am a Rawmancer of the highest level, after all.  It's time I acted like one.
As a fortunate side effect of my unnatural return to life, I have retained many of my otherworldly senses and abilities, which, when combined with my already potent powers, should make me a force to be reckoned with.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 23, 2011, 09:57:52 am »

Felsite 15th 205. All quiet on the dwarven front. In light of the ballooning population, I have appointed my loyal henchman, Urist Imiknorris, to the position of Captain of the Guard, in addition to his position as Sheriff. I overheard a minion, Lord Reudh, boasting in the dining room about how she was going to become a world-renowned marksdwarf, the best that ever lived. When I pulled her aside and offered her a position as captain of a marksdwarf squad, however, she declined. Highly suspicious. I'm beginning to suspect she's the one behind the slanderous - nay, blasphemous - graffiti that marred my accession. I've had Not Aussie put her under increased surveillance. After all, anyone who would decline such an honour must be a traitorous rebel. Also, the lookouts spotted some frostbitten elves coming from the north. After some consideration, I ordered the peons to put up a trade depot in the topside perimeter, I'll open a gateway when it's done. Even though they're elves, they might have goods we need, and we could always use the trade depot as a decoy and seize the goods by force.

OOC - I fixed Kaamanen's title. I didn't catch your initial dorfing request, so I dorfed her as a peasant just for laughs (and, as it turns out, she likes cats too. Oops). Conchobar is still alive and well. Here's the readouts on the various dorfs;

Spoiler: "Kaamanen" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Ogrin II" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Gizogin II" (click to show/hide)

As for the fortress, I'm a bit mystified as to the purpose of those long corridors off the main hall, but I'm using them for my housing project (which I'll probably start before the end of my turn, given that there's not a whole lot else left to mine right now and like I said before Dariush mines like a reverse cave-in). I take it the large rectangular room in the first cavern layer was going to be the start of stone-layer habitation, but I've repurposed it as a stone stockpile. There..... wasn't really a whole lot to the fortress besides that, there's the main hall and the cavern outpost. I've built walls around the magma pipe to keep the people safe from random herds of skeletal crundles (although I didn't seal it off hermetically - that wouldn't be Fun) and I've started smelting metal. We have a rag-tag bunch of misfits for a militia, but that's one rag-tag bunch of misfits more than I had coming in.

In all honesty, despite my roleplaying as an evil overlord, I'm really just making the fortress a better place to live - anything else would basically amount to self-destruction right now. I do believe I'll leave the fort a better place than it was, overall. The only thing that worries me is the food supply. We have decent stockpiles, and I'm not noticing anything depleting rapidly enough for the stocks screen to notice (apart from plants, which are being brewed), but we have no farms (aside from the one weird plot in the middle of the main hall) and only so many butcherable animals. I could try securing a bigger part of the first cavern layer and irrigating farms there (the migrant wave brought two pump operators and a high master mechanic, so that should be doable), but that's about all I can think of that would secure a permanent food supply, and given my complete inexperience with irrigation I'd rather leave a project like that to the next overseer.

Also, I would like to request to be added to the turn list again. I don't know if Hellcannon will survive that far (I could see it happening, since it won't have as many FB troubles as Failcannon did, and barring sieges destroying the topside wall, building destroyers smashing through the cavern walls, HFS release and tantrum spirals, the fort seems pretty solid), but I'd like to take the reins of a mature fortress if it does. Or roll over to Battlefailed 4, if this place falls before then.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #384 on: November 23, 2011, 10:14:57 am »

Please add me to the turn list too.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 23, 2011, 10:31:11 am »

Hm.  Would dorfing me as a guy help?  Gender isn't as important as the cats, honestly.  Crazy cat lord would work just as well.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 23, 2011, 10:37:05 am »

I checked all the nameless dorfs, the only one that liked cats went to Ledi. Sorry.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 23, 2011, 11:32:53 am »

That side corridor was intended as a side entrance for migrants during my turn, but the wildlife got to them first...

I want a new turn. Also change my title from "Former Glorious Leader" to "Mysterious Stranger", please

From the logs of Deathsword, former overseer:

I am ruined! Ruined, I say! When I arrived and discovered that my cousin had died and that I was the new overseer, I swore not to repeat the same mistakes he did. After all, he may be my uncle, but what kind of overseer doesn't create some sort of defense against animals? My brother must've gone insane when faced with leading this place, considering they were supposed to go to the Plains of Ooze and not to... this place. This fortress was supposed to be founded by another group and be called something else, not Failhell Hellcannon. In his journal, my nephew kept blaming Mego for all his problems. And then they took the power from me, those ungrateful bastards. They'll see. They will ALL see. I will avenge my sister and all shall fear the name Deathsword! ... after I finish eating this wonderful plump helmet.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 23, 2011, 11:51:24 am »

Journal of Gizogin, Rawmancer

Disaster!  As I wrote earlier, I came up with several revolutionary theorems and one delicious recipe, but when I went to retrieve them to share with the world, they were nowhere to be found!  In their place, there was just this giant gash in the Firmament.  I'm worried about the implications this will have.  I mean, if someone stole my information, there's no telling how that strawberry tart recipe could be used for evil!
Why yes, I am insane.  Thank you for noticing!
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 23, 2011, 12:37:01 pm »

Stormtemplar - Hammerdwarf - Smasher of goblins (Goblin smasher if it doesn't fit) - Turn please!
It's needlessly complicated and a hazard to cats.

I'll take twenty!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 208